Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm a little nervous that they'll go off the rails in a way that taints the entire series at some point too. But what can we do? I mean even if Season 2 is great then Seasons 3-10 could all suck and so on. That's one reason I'm actually glad that Djarin has already been unmasked. Now they can never go "surprise suckers, he/she was Brie Larson all along," lol.

No guarantees it will stay the course but if season 2 continues on "the way" then that will be enough evidence for me that Favreau and company are going to keep up the great work. At that point I'll just have to trust.

$478 after tax for me from Sideshow plus I?m sure around $30 shipping for this puts it over $500. Nooo thanks. I?m cool with my order for $410+ $20 shipping

:lol You think Boba will appear in season 2?

I hope they bring him back if it allows a proper sendoff along the lines of the RO Vader scene. He could be an awesome rival for Djarin and go out in a long overdue blaze of glory. But if Ahsoka is already appearing in Season 2 then I'm guessing they'll save Fett for later (assuming they bring him back at all.)

I hope they bring him back if it allows a proper sendoff along the lines of the RO Vader scene. He could be an awesome rival for Djarin and go out in a long overdue blaze of glory. But if Ahsoka is already appearing in Season 2 then I'm guessing they'll save Fett for later (assuming they bring him back at all.)

I?d love the idea of Moff Gideon sending out Boba to hunt for Mando and the kid. Then he beats, captures Mando & the kid and takes them to Moff Gideon. Where we then get Ashoka who was searching for Gideon because of the dark saber...they fight (light saber scene mentioned) or something along these lines would be awesome imo.

Now we are getting $50 worth of inflated prices.

Maul with Speeder was $405, included a bunch of accessories, a Probe Droid, and an alternate sculpt.

Scout with Speeder is $455, limited accessories, Baby Yoda.

There is no logic or reason behind this pricing. Shouldn?t have been more than $400.

I think Maul's speeder is WAY less complicated to build and create than the speeder Bike. Maul's looks good, but there's few moving parts and honestly just few parts in general. The speeder bikes are way more complicated in comparison.

I'm probably going to see what Timewalker's price is and also Alter Ego's. I would go with Timcent but just because this is a large package and who knows how delicate the speeder will be, so that's why I was leaning towards a US person in case there's any issues. (**edit** it's up at Alter Ego but doesn't appear to qualify for free shipping.)

I'm a bit annoyed at including The Child only with the speeder version. I wish they would've just had a regular and deluxe Scout Troopers instead.

I just bought the SS Speeder last month and started to curse myself when I saw this, after looking at the pics was relieved since this is specific to just the Mandalorian. I might be interested in a ROTJ version down the road though. The HT speeder does look an awful lot like the SS so I wonder if there is alot of difference between the two aside from no bedroll and the color scheme. Also wonder if the HT version will come assembled?

Timcent comes to $416.73 for just the regular price. I would agree that this Speeder seems more complex than Maul’s. The Sith Speeder doesn’t really have a lot going on with it. This seems bigger and has more details and moving parts it looks like to me. Plus this has The Child so that’s probably adding a little cost too.

Where are the best places to buy these days? SS's shipping is getting ridiculous. May pick up from BBTS assuming $4 flat rate shipping. They just tend to get their inventory late. Still waiting on Ecto-1.

Timcent comes to $416.73 for just the regular price. I would agree that this Speeder seems more complex than Maul’s. The Sith Speeder doesn’t really have a lot going on with it. This seems bigger and has more details and moving parts it looks like to me. Plus this has The Child so that’s probably adding a little cost too.
You get about another <$18> off with the promo code if you pay up front, <$6> off if paying 20% down.

Boba's demise in ROTJ was certainly one of the film's lowlights so if that can be fixed by The Mandalorian I suppose I would be in favor of it. Based on the way things are setting up perhaps Fett will briefly appear in the last episode of season 2 as the major season 3 cliffhanger.

Nice set. I'm saving my money for the ROTJ version of the speeder. On a side note, I never noticed this before, but the scout trooper looks like he's wearing a big diaper.

If there are improvements....it won't be dramatic enough to justify the price. People keep forgetting that HT collaborated with SS on the ROTJ scout figure...it's still pretty nice.

Yeah, I think HT's collaboration was limited to ensuring Sideshow's Scout looked wonky enough that people would need to buy the Ht one.:lol

I think they were always going to eventually make ROTJ scouts and speeder. The question is still the same, how many years. It could be rightly argued that this Mandalorian version may have delayed the ROTJ versions, but I think if I wanted to be really annoyed about something it's that they painted the speeder bike white on the show :gah:

It's all about making the most money as per usual, which is no surprise.

Think of it as a pre-production ROTJ bike.:dunno:lol

Um2MPET.png

So, I guess The Mando version was quite different than ROTJ. Not sure I like it.. Looks like he is wearing a diaper.

HT v SS

View attachment 483698

The difference is that most of the issues with the HT one can be futzed, whereas the Sideshow it's about inaccurate sculpting - wonky helmet, inaccurate kneepads and elbow armor, skinny fingers, teeny-tiny blaster. And I'd rather have puffy diaper look that can be futzed to look correct vs a thong bikini like the SSC where there's nothing you can do.

Nice $22 discount at Timewalker but listed as oversized so it does not qualify for free shipping. Shipping does appear to be under $15 though so not too bad.

Back