Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol no Talibane (I don't even know what that is!). All these have been gathered here and there, some from the RPF Forums, where there's a lot of people (like me) into Star Wars modeling.

Glad you liked them!

This would be such an awesome display, and the price is really nice for what you get. Part of me wants to assume that HT will do a Jedi repaint, but. . .HT isn't always easy to predict.

Lol no Talibane (I don't even know what that is!). All these have been gathered here and there, some from the RPF Forums, where there's a lot of people (like me) into Star Wars modeling.

Glad you liked them!

Talibane is another member on here. He seems to have/find reference images which no one has ever seen before.

Those are great pics, I've just printed the pic with the color codes on an A4 sheet and it makes a nice little poster.

Talibane is another member on here. He seems to have/find reference images which no one has ever seen before.

He also seems to have/find opinions which no one has ever seen before.:dunno:monkey3

And for the record, I don't even know what a Talibane is either.:lol

I decided to watch The Mandalorian again over the past 2 nights. Getting to the episode with the Biker Scouts for the 2nd time made me realize how derpy looking they really were. The first time I watched it was just so cool to see Biker Scouts and Speederbikes, and I didn't even realize the differences. After seeing the pictures for the HT figure, and going back to watch again, all I can see now are all the things wrong with the Mando's version. On screen they look just as bad with the big low hung man boob chest piece, dumpy mid section and the overly sized diaper. They look like an overweight nerd/geek cosplaying. They even acted all derpy. Wonder if Taika did this stuff on purpose to make them look and act silly as he always tries to inject humor in his stuff.

I just can't get past any of those characteristics when comparing the Mando version to the original ROTJ proper Scout Tooper. HT has done a great job on this figure and it looks fantastic, but I just don't like this incarnation. I really want a Biker Scout too, but can't unsee what Iv'e seen with this version. I hope the wait isn't too long for a proper ROTJ figure. Maybe in 3 years when it's ROTJ's 40th anniversary. I've waited this long...

He also seems to have/find opinions which no one has ever seen before.:dunno:monkey3

And for the record, I don't even know what a Talibane is either.:lol

You cheeky bugger! LOL I always assumed it was a play on the word Taliban but with Bane, from Batman, attached to it? Or did I just ruin the joke by explaining it? Damn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tumble weed thread... I think I might go for this version instead of waiting for a ROTJ version - since I already have the pretty good SSC version. I like the worn out saggy diaper look.

Tumble weed thread... I think I might go for this version instead of waiting for a ROTJ version - since I already have the pretty good SSC version. I like the worn out saggy diaper look.

I would totally be skipping this if it weren't for The Child sculpt, they really got me with that. I'm sure I'll enjoy the figures too, but if these troopers end up never being seen again, eh. I'll part them out probably.

I would totally be skipping this if it weren't for The Child sculpt, they really got me with that. I'm sure I'll enjoy the figures too, but if these troopers end up never being seen again, eh. I'll part them out probably.

Ha, was thinking of bumping this the other day. Want to pick up the Scout, but I just feel like a ROTJ one might be right around the corner.

Ha, was thinking of bumping this the other day. Want to pick up the Scout, but I just feel like a ROTJ one might be right around the corner.

I think that if I get this for the worn out look I?d be fine with my SSC bike and scout for ROTJ and skip a HT version

Same, I would definitely be getting this one if I didn’t think there’d be an eventual ROTJ version.

Will have to see what's been announced by the time these are actually released, though I can't imagine HT would have the two figures compete with each other.

HT works in mysterious ways. They had 2 Mauls up for PO at one point, and they currently have 2 Mandos available. I’m done trying to figure out HT’s way of doing things.

Too true, there are so many conflicting data points.

I remember being really close to purchasing the HT Shadow Trooper. I believe it was their first released Star Wars figure. But then all of a sudden they pushed the regular troops forward by several months so I canceled the shadow trooper and just got the regular ones instead.

I'm really curious about the Speederbike HT will release. And of course, after that, the wait for a ROTJ one.

Back