Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing as this is $250 for no reason, I?m fully expecting Falcon to be over $300, probably around $320

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed they do a 2.0 of the original WS figure. I would pick that up to have as the definitive WS figure.

Also I just noticed the boots on this figure. Is that what he really wears in the show or is it HT's way of getting his boots to work on a figure? lol

They do not look good.

Qjz2wJ2.png

Fingers crossed they do a 2.0 of the original WS figure. I would pick that up to have as the definitive WS figure.

Also I just noticed the boots on this figure. Is that what he really wears in the show or is it HT's way of getting his boots to work on a figure? lol

They do not look good.

Qjz2wJ2.png

It's what he wears but it sits way more flush with the actual boot. Just looks awful regardless though.

This has a big kit bashed look to it. Subpar outfit, reused gun, aside from the sculpt there's nothing here :(

Removable arm would have been dope. **** HT, if the figures light on accessories at least make it interesting
bucky-barnes-new-arm-shot-1261428.jpeg.jpg

This should not be $250. If it was like $235 that would be somewhat more reasonable. Just about every figure being $250 or above is ridiculous, especially for a basic outfit with little in the way of accessories.

My guess they are saving Falcon for his final look that got leaked by that toy. As well as future probably having a Sharon Carter/ Zemo reveal. So if I had to guess they wanted Bucky to have his time now if his outfit doesn't change.

I don't really like that final look for Falcon. I know it's accurate to the comic version but seems to bright for real world purposes compared to Capt. America's costume. I'll just probably get the initial costume and somehow fit it in the IW/EG lineup.

They do not look good.

Looks like Bucky's got motorcycle spats, which I'm good with. But if a motorcycle is his thing in this show, they should include the bike - fat chance of that tho.

And am sure Falcon's price will be painful.

I was hoping HT would reissue the original WS since he's in the show... but with this now my hopes are dashed.

Likely that old figure is just too cost prohibitive for HT with today's pricing. That old WS loaded with its gear would be over $300 today.

I think it's still a possibility. They've got all the molds made already, the hardest part would be making sure they can still find fabric that matches. I'm sure they'd jack the price by $30-40 but people would gladly pay.

HT or SS can't be pricing these B and C-tier characters at premium A-list prices...they cray cray for thinking they can get away with this.

My opinions on what's been mentioned.
The boots - the spats on the boots are retro and represent gear from when he was Bucky. Bucky is only recently Bucky again. His mind is still somewhat 1940s. He has memories of things since his transformation into the Winter Soldier, but his untouched mind is still 1940s Bucky. Kind of like when they thawed out the Capsicle.
The jacket - it has a very retro 40s art deco look to it. Sort of in the vein of The Rocketeer. Having not seen the show, I'm assuming he had some input on the clothing?
The dagger - it's not a dagger. The figure comes with a tanto styled knife, maybe Cold Steel, and it's not a dagger. I don't know what he carries in the show, but I believe at one point or another, whether in The Winter Soldier or the show, he's seen wielding an actual dagger. A Gerber I believe.
I think his overall look is a retro-modern version of a real life version of his comics look.
I don't have any Bucky figures, so I may get this one. I like the short hair version. It says Bucky more that Winter Soldier.

I was hoping HT would reissue the original WS since he's in the show... but with this now my hopes are dashed.

Likely that old figure is just too cost prohibitive for HT with today's pricing. That old WS loaded with its gear would be over $300 today.

Never say never. Case(s) in point: Whiplash, Harvey Dent, Knightmare Batman to name some. Granted, none of these had the accessory count that WS had (with 2 head sculpts no less) but if the call is loud enough, HT may do it. As mentioned, it'll be a small fortune....

The sculpt will probably be revised.
He?s a soldier, given the man some weapon?s, plural.
If they have Bucky just do hand to hand with his metal arm being his main “weapon” thats going to be disappointing and patently unbelievable.
Sam didn’t use his dual guns in the first episode and had RedWing do the shooting so I don?t know...

Back