Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that the price of figures are going up but they are so basic lately. A couple hands and a gun. That?s it. Remember the early days when Hot Toys was creative about what came with the figures?

HT couldn't even give us a jacket and a sidearm for this look when that vest disintegrates :(

falcon_winter_soldier_bucky_primary.jpg

Wow, this is rather underwhelming. IMO the sculpt is good, but the outfit is meh and he doesn't come with any interesting/unique accessories. The machine gun is a carryover from the IW figure, and that puny dagger doesn't even come with a sheath this time. At least with the IW Bucky we had the new vibranium arm to look forward to along with the sculpt, but now it's just the sculpt. Pretty thin release for $250, but I guess that's the new normal.

I thought there was talk of his arm having some special features? I was expecting a later release for this and for it to have some bells and whistles akin to what Ulysses Klaue's arm had in Black Panther.

p.s. - What's with the strap across his chest that seems to serve no purpose whatsoever? Also (as Bucky's a loner) does he do his own sewing? Wondering where he gets these unique looking, nicely tailored one-armed jackets. He strikes me as more of a grab a jacket and rip the arm off when needed king of guy lol...

Just like Vision, it's hard to get excited for a bare-bones release that costs $250 (plus $40 in tax and shipping) and is pretty much just gonna get unboxed and stood up on the shelf because the display options are so few. I think it's a great looking figure! But I either need more options or a lower price. Maybe some of these will sit long enough to get free shipping.

Please Ht re-do the original winter solder with new material for the vest. That figure is insane. This one though...medicore at best. Not their fault

Granted it's not a terribly interesting outfit but the fit and tailoring here is really a step up from their past releases. Body really fills out the clothes better, too.

Granted it's not a terribly interesting outfit but the fit and tailoring here is really a step up from their past releases. Body really fills out the clothes better, too.

That jacket doesn't look like it's going to survive too long though.

Please Ht re-do the original winter solder with new material for the vest. That figure is insane. This one though...medicore at best. Not their fault

Yes, not their fault. I know he's working his way out of the Winter Soldier conditioning however.....he's still a trained individual. Marvel Studios needs to find a way to make him more exciting and use more tools and gadgets aside from the termination aspect.

Where I can blame Hot Toys is....the pricing. $250 seems to be the baseline price point these days (Sideshow too). You guys are about to price yourselves out. Think cable companies and their TV pricing. $250 isn't too bad....until you get to all the fees tacked on; shipping, tax. Getting close to $300. I'll pay that for Moon Knight or She-Hulk who I never had in my collection. After 3 Bucky's already released, what's my incentive to buy this?

I bought an original ws second hand the glue on the belt dried up and was showing yellow then I spent 75 usd on another pair of pants same exact problem

Yes, not their fault. I know he's working his way out of the Winter Soldier conditioning however.....he's still a trained individual. Marvel Studios needs to find a way to make him more exciting and use more tools and gadgets aside from the termination aspect.

Where I can blame Hot Toys is....the pricing. $250 seems to be the baseline price point these days (Sideshow too). You guys are about to price yourselves out. Think cable companies and their TV pricing. $250 isn't too bad....until you get to all the fees tacked on; shipping, tax. Getting close to $300. I'll pay that for Moon Knight or She-Hulk who I never had in my collection. After 3 Bucky's already released, what's my incentive to buy this?

Weeelllll - this is my fav character. I like the outfit; but the sculpt seems oddly off to me. Weird 'coz the IW version is eerie it's so perfect. I even saw some knockoff poster on Amazon that used the HT fig instead of Sebastian Stan.:lol

Will probably pick up to represent; but not as enthused as my other WS figs. Not to mention prefer long-hair Bucky. With lots of weapons:monkey3. I'd like a re-release of TWS that includes the knife this time.

p.s. - What's with the strap across his chest that seems to serve no purpose whatsoever? Also (as Bucky's a loner) does he do his own sewing? Wondering where he gets these unique looking, nicely tailored one-armed jackets. He strikes me as more of a grab a jacket and rip the arm off when needed king of guy lol...

It's the superhero life:lol. There's probably some grubby shop in the NY garment district where u go to a back door, and give the password. Then a mysterious figure looks u up and down, and tells u to come back tomorrow. Then u go back and get a tailored superhero outfit.:cool:

Guess the strap might be useful - fashionable, but if u need a quick sling u rip it off and do - whatever. Like, ur supposed to wear a strong belt into the wilderness, 'coz u can use a belt if needed for all kinds of stuff - keeping ur food bag off the ground, for one thing. Tho here I suppose it's a nod back to the WS history. Plus u could use it as a garrote.:monkey3

I was hoping HT would reissue the original WS since he's in the show... but with this now my hopes are dashed.

Likely that old figure is just too cost prohibitive for HT with today's pricing. That old WS loaded with its gear would be over $300 today.

I was hoping HT would reissue the original WS since he's in the show... but with this now my hopes are dashed.

Likely that old figure is just too cost prohibitive for HT with today's pricing. That old WS loaded with its gear would be over $300 today.

Can still go the Toy Fair exclusive route with something like that. If we've learned anything it's that they aren't afraid to 2.0 or reissue something so I definitely wouldn't doubt a revisit on that on.

Well, there's some stuff they could leave out like the mine launcher. And they've got the molds for the guns and other stuff.

They could go their new plastic route instead of pleather, too.

Back