Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll just join in the fun to just further bog down the system. If I can hold it in my cart to deny somebody the opportunity, I'll do that, release it then try adding it back again. 🤡
1692219988450.gif

Oh man, do Hot Toys really sell out this fast now? Its been a long time and I'm hoping to snag a joker tomorrow.
The exclusive's have been selling out pretty fast. Regular releases not nearly as quickly as you still tend to have some months to place an order, but they are beginning to sell out faster than before. While there are some who still say to just hop on the waitlist and yours will 100% convert when it starts shipping aren't exactly correct anymore. It used to be that way that you were nearly guaranteed to get one if you at least hopped on the waitlist asap, but waitlists converting are becoming less and less frequent. All the WL I have gotten on have not converted for many figures that have sold out recently. Some have gotten luckier than others with their WL converting but it's not like it used to be that's for sure.

I've decided not to wake up early tomorrow since I'm only interested in the sculpted Joker. I'll be sleeping when some of you go to war.

Good luck to you all. May you all get your rooted Joker, not the scalpers.

Good Night Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Just tried to pickup the Batman Forever set for Sideshow’s Daily Deal and the site crashed on me while trying to update my cart - not a good sign with 3+ hours to go until release 😬

I’m poised and ready! Haven’t seen what the price is yet so hopefully it’s not 1k. Part of me thinks there’ll be another quintessential artisan in a couple years but I’ll be happy to snag this one. Good luck everyone!

I’m poised and ready! Haven’t seen what the price is yet so hopefully it’s not 1k. Part of me thinks there’ll be another quintessential artisan in a couple years but I’ll be happy to snag this one. Good luck everyone!
Sugotoys in aus is charging 880AUD (incl 10% tax here) which is about 565usd, so shldnt be anywhere close to 1000 I'd hope! (can't actually buy it from Sugo though unless u won in their lottery which I didnt see anyone that did, god knows neither I nor my friends who entered on my behalf did hah) And yeh part of me wants to wait for an artisan bank robber or smth but I mean when might that be, will I be still alive etc lol

I will say that Wonder Woman glue hair is making me feel like depending on the price it ends up being that it's feelin like a bit of a gamble with a long wait to see if it pays off.. I dunno how a defect like that wldnt bug me and be the first thing I see every time I look at it, so I dunnoooo man

Couple years after the figure has been released and in freaks shelf, you'll see post here showing the glue starting to run down the head sculpt and/or discoloration where they used the glue

Couple years after the figure has been released and in freaks shelf, you'll see post here showing the glue starting to run down the head sculpt and/or discoloration where they used the glue
*closes my open Sideshow tab* Kidding haha, but yeah it does feel like if ya want tried n tested and longevity, the sculpted might be the way to go, a lot of people seem to be leaning that way; the disappointment will be preeeetty big if this comes out bad, or something like that happens down the track, I'm sittin here waiting to see the price and sorta going through the motions cos until I saw Justin's video n the glue on WWs hair and thought about it more, I had been planning on trying my hardest tonight to get the Artisan, and if I'd gotten in on the Sugotoys lottery I'd probly already have an order in by now, but... yeah

EDIT: and there won't be time to think about it once it goes up, so I'll probly just wait too long and then be like well, sculpted.

This is one of the few figures in recent memory that I haven't got all lost in the hype about. I like to think that it's because I'm maturing, but the reality is that I've already got the Inart rooted two pack, and picking up another $500 joker that isn't perfect just isn't appealing ;)

Good luck to all of you that are going to line up for this - I hope it works out for you (y)

*closes my open Sideshow tab* Kidding haha, but yeah it does feel like if ya want tried n tested and longevity, the sculpted might be the way to go, a lot of people seem to be leaning that way; the disappointment will be preeeetty big if this comes out bad, or something like that happens down the track, I'm sittin here waiting to see the price and sorta going through the motions cos until I saw Justin's video n the glue on WWs hair and thought about it more, I had been planning on trying my hardest tonight to get the Artisan, and if I'd gotten in on the Sugotoys lottery I'd probly already have an order in by now, but... yeah

EDIT: and there won't be time to think about it once it goes up, so I'll probly just wait too long and then be like well, sculpted.
yeah, if you even look at the price you will probably miss out. "I got an Artisan Joker...for $1800..." :oops:

Will probably sit at around $550 on Sideshow if they add their usual markup. Add in tax + shipping and it'll be $600+ for the rooted version, which is overpriced for what you're getting.
I'll be interested how much more it is than the sculpted. It's interesting that they didn't just put the sculpted up earlier but that they're at the same time. Sugotoys sculpted price is 560aud (around 360usd), rooted is 880aud (around 565USD), so a difference of 320aud/205usd - if somehow the Sideshow price on the rooted is actually only like a 100usd bucks difference or smth instead, that'd be more tempting. But yeh it'll probly be somewhere around the Sugotoys price, and 200USD extra is a lot for unproven rooted hair

Having bought the Inart Premium sculpted Joker and now considering buying the Hot Toys rooted or sculpted Joker feels like I am considering graduating from cocaine to heroin. :LOL:

Back