Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd actually wager that the chances are slimmer given all the changes HT's put into this figure. Joker is a full blown alternate, totally different gear and accessories and a chance for sculptural redemption. However with Batman, it'd essentially be the same figure, and you'd have to wonder, if they were to release another, why bother rushing tweaks on this one, why not get it out and then release the improved alternate later, since most of the time HT doesn't seem to care about offering an improved product later. There's always a chance, but I'd say it'll be some time before we see it, I think Two-Face is the last HT TDK figure we'll see for a while.

Possibly correct. Possibly incorrect. Two words: WOLF PREDATOR.

Possibly correct. Possibly incorrect. Two words: WOLF PREDATOR.

You don't have to tell me, I'm familiar with Wolf and P2 BD, that's why I didn't say there's no chance. I just think chances are slimmer because of all the extra work put into this TDK suit figure, if they were planning to do another, i imagine they'd have put less into this first one. If they do a variant at some point, it'll probably be awhile from now.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1182726&postcount=2166

Whatever the flagship Hong Kong main store name is, which I don't know that gets top priority.

I still can't work that one out considering ActionHQ is in Hong Kong too.

Basically--Hot Toys is trying to sell their figures at the highest price possible which means an emphasis on sales from their store. For stores like ActionHQ that buy the figures from Hot Toys at wholesale they delay a month so that they can sell more of their figures at higher prices. Some ebay sellers might have them already since they're relatively insignificant--or they bought them from the Hot Toys store.

Fingers crossed Joe sill gets his soon.

Wilfred has sent me a tracknumber today, meaning it has shipped from Hong Kong. :blissy

In December I hope Joe gets the Joker BR this soon too... This waiting is killing me!!!!

Basically--Hot Toys is trying to sell their figures at the highest price possible which means an emphasis on sales from their store. For stores like ActionHQ that buy the figures from Hot Toys at wholesale they delay a month so that they can sell more of their figures at higher prices. Some ebay sellers might have them already since they're relatively insignificant--or they bought them from the Hot Toys store.

I'm just cheesed off that they charged me. That's just over another month away I've been billed because of this screw up. :/

I'm just cheesed off that they charged me. That's just over another month away I've been billed because of this screw up. :/

It seems like something normal too, which makes me wonder why they don't just put the actual shipping date rather than the date the figure is finished.

On the topic of whether they may release a different Batman version, i dont think they will. If you think about it, they have already released 2 versions of Batman, the old and the new. Plus i agree with Maul, why would they put so much effort into this one if they are just gonna make a different version? Of course tho it would be cool if they did make one that included the sticky gun, lightup eyes and maybe other stuff, dont get me wrong but i dont think they will. I probably wouldnt even buy it if they did make it. Batman without the gun and lightup eyes is more iconic IMO.

Saw this in the Toy World forums. It kinda looks like the sticky-bomb gun. Sort of. Maybe with some mods, it could be.

0745ky0.jpg

This is really funny. I am seeing more Batman without cape pics than Batman with cape.

Noticed that but I really think the cape will be fine once we've had a chance to experiment with it. I'm happy with the Begins cape, could hang better but it just takes some futzing and the right pose to make it hang natural. No way would I display a Batman figure without his cape. Seems wrong or something.

got a reply from abc express...

HI Nanda,
HOT TOYS has only released the 1st lot of MMS 71 batman. They separate their production into few lots. They first produces a lot for their own retail shop. People buy it at higher price. After that lot HOT TOYS will produce the 2nd lot followed by 3rd lot. We are their official online seller therefore we will get their 2nd lot. The 2nd lot will be released in around the end of October. We will send it to you once it arrives stock.Our price for you will not increase=)
Any questions please feel free to send us emails.
Best,
abc

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Nanda wrote:

Hello,
Could you let me know when abc-express will start shipping the HT Batman Dark Knight Version figures?
I have heard the figure is released in Hong Kong. I have a preorder for 2x HT Batman Dark Knight Version with abc-express.

Thanks!
Nanda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back