Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I think at this point we all agree that the headsculpt is actually pretty bad, the jaw line, the hair, the eyes separation, to name a few, are way off. To be honest I'm more in to Prime1 statues than Hot Toys action figures, actually the last Hot Toys I bought was the Armory w/Bruce and alfred. though I'm still looking for the definitive TDK Joker. I got the PF from Sideshow, I like that one better than the one from Prime1, which has no personality. But I still, the one from Sideshow is far from perfect.

You guys have to remember that Hot Toys is a corporation which primary goal is to make money, so if we want they change the prototype sculpt and so, please don't pre-order untill you see they have actually improved the headsculpt. If these realese get no enough pre-orders Hot Toys will have to ask theme selfs why the figure is not selling well. In my opinion that's the only way we can really force Hot Toys to improve this figure.

Nope. Not all of us hehe. I think it looks awesome. Remember that all corporations primary goal is to make money. And honestly the one company that deserves a spanking is sideshow. I like SS. But their movie likeness are just bad. I actually POd the joker PF. Just cuz I wanted a Ledger figure. I had to cancel it. I just couldn’t get past the head sculpt. After looking at the in hand pics I didnt mind losing my nrd lol. Then hot toys announced this 1/4. Im all smiles [emoji2] i guess i understand most of you guys critique. But for me its perfect.

Did Yulli do both DX11 sculpts? I really like the laughing one but I understand that figure is quite divisive.

Whoever did the Nicholson and Leto Joker's did a great job IMO...and the Romero prototype.

I believe Yulli did both sculpts for DX11 as I don't remember someone else sharing the credit.

And yes -- Yulli also did the sculpts for both Nicholson Jokers. Nailed it on both releases!

Leto Joker in Purple coat was done by Kojun. The Arkham straitjacket version by another sculptor.

That's true. And even when called out, I've never seen Darkavatar resort to disrespectful retort.

There was a time when I use to take things to heart and get up set about what people said about me. However, after being around the boards for a long time the one thing I have learned is that it is just not worth getting to an argument over things that results in insults and abuse. I just thing it is a waste of time, thus, I would rather not respond in a disrespectful matter if things get ugly.

Nevertheless, thanks for the acknowledge my rapport, I really appreciate that man.:hi5:

As for the sculptor -- that's another reason why to me the criticisms are valid, even if this figure is yet to come out. How many Ledger Jokers have Yulli sculpted? How many of these Jokers she's sculpted can be considered very good in terms of likeness? None. Not even the DX11, as good as that figure looked over-all. So the lack of confidence of some people towards the sculpt is not without reason. Not totally dissing Yulli's talent at all. She's come out with stuff like cyborg Alex Murphy sculpt that looks creepy-good in one go after all, but Ledger is definitely not one of her strengths and it's even funnier that this "definitive Joker" is to be released as a celebration of her career in Hot Toys instead of Ledger's or the movie's 10th anniversary this year.

Totally agree with everything you said, there is no doubt that Yulli is a good sculptor but when it comes to Ledger, she just can't seem to nail his likeness. Personally I think EB on their first try did a better job at sculpting Ledger than all of Yulli's attempts.

Let's hope Yulli does a stellar job on this figure in the end.

Yeah we can only hope.

All good man. I did read your posts and while you do have good points, I just didn't see the need to be overly pessimistic about it.

Ah don't mind me, sometimes I let my emotions get the better of me when it comes to a piece I want, but am disappointed with how it looks like it is going to turn out. It's usually why I respond to comments like" it's perfect likeness it's just the hair that's off", when I clearly can see this is not the case.

I am sure HT got a ton of feedback from social media already. Not sure if they visit Sideshow Freaks forums though. For sure Facebook.

That's true, a lot of people have been doing photoshops of this since it was first shown.

Cheers man. I hope this one comes out great.

I hope so to, hopefully Hot Toys will behave the way Prime one behaves and listens to it's customers when it comes to complaints.

:duff

well I think at this point we all agree that the headsculpt is actually pretty bad, the jaw line, the hair, the eyes separation, to name a few, are way off.

I agree all those things you mentioned are off but I don't think its a bad head sculpt, since I can still see Ledger on the half painted EX sculpt.

To be honest I'm more in to Prime1 statues than Hot Toys action figures, actually the last Hot Toys I bought was the Armory w/Bruce and alfred. though I'm still looking for the definitive TDK Joker. I got the PF from Sideshow, I like that one better than the one from Prime1, which has no personality. But I still, the one from Sideshow is far from perfect.

I don't really like the likeness on the Sideshow one, I think there are more things off with that one than with this one, but because of the expression at least it captures the character, while this one doesn't.

You guys have to remember that Hot Toys is a corporation which primary goal is to make money, so if we want they change the prototype sculpt and so, please don't pre-order untill you see they have actually improved the headsculpt. If these realese get no enough pre-orders Hot Toys will have to ask theme selfs why the figure is not selling well. In my opinion that's the only way we can really force Hot Toys to improve this figure.

In a perfect world, what you have said would make sense but there are already too many people who like this sculpt as it is, even though to many of us it's obvious the likeness of the sculpt is pretty off. So IMO this will eventually pre sell for three reasons, first reason it is Ledger's Joker and the second reason is it is made by Hot Toys and lastly I don't think there is as much hate for the sculpt on this figure as there was for the QS001 proto sculpt.

I mean it's not horrible, but better? Improved? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

If you can convince yourself it's better go for it, considering the price.

You mean the face isn't better looking than this one? I don't think so. I don't care if it's unlicensed.

You mean the face isn't better looking than this one? I don't think so. I don't care if it's unlicensed.
I just can't see much Ledger in the Enterbay/Knock off head. It just looks super off to me. This is largely in part to the paint and elongated head I feel, as well as the hair. Some repaints I've seen are alright, but out of box I definitely see more of the Joker in the Hot Toys version.

But head aside, just as a complete package the Hot Toys is most certainly better than that knock off.

I just can't see much Ledger in the Enterbay/Knock off head. It just looks super off to me. This is largely in part to the paint and elongated head I feel, as well as the hair. Some repaints I've seen are alright, but out of box I definitely see more of the Joker in the Hot Toys version.

But head aside, just as a complete package the Hot Toys is most certainly better than that knock off.

Yes the head is a bit too long.

newbie here - sorry to chime in with a different topic.

anyone aware of Hot Toys plans for a Batman 1/4 figure? Specifically from The Dark Knight?

I know they released a 1/4 Batman from The Dark Knight Rises a few years ago, but was wondering if they were going to pair Joker with a Batman from the same movie.

newbie here - sorry to chime in with a different topic.

anyone aware of Hot Toys plans for a Batman 1/4 figure? Specifically from The Dark Knight?

I know they released a 1/4 Batman from The Dark Knight Rises a few years ago, but was wondering if they were going to pair Joker with a Batman from the same movie.
The QS001 is a Dark Knight Batman. It's just under the Dark Knight Rises branding as that was the newest movie. His costume is essentially the same in both and he comes with basically every accessory he would need across the 2 films.

The QS001 is a Dark Knight Batman. It's just under the Dark Knight Rises branding as that was the newest movie. His costume is essentially the same in both and he comes with basically every accessory he would need across the 2 films.

shoot, guess i missed the boat then. thanks for the insight.

Some have been saying we will see Joker and Batman release in February. Does anybody have a creditable source on that?

Also how long does it take for Sideshow to get a figure once it releases overseas? It's about 6 weeks right?

Argggh I hope this won't get released early, because that means they won't tweak the sculpt.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Some have been saying we will see Joker and Batman release in February. Does anybody have a creditable source on that?

Also how long does it take for Sideshow to get a figure once it releases overseas? It's about 6 weeks right?

The only credible source is HT themselves. They have anytime from tomorrow until June 30th to meat their Q1-Q2 estimate. The February estimate is from One Sixth Republic but where they get that from I don't know. They also had the Arkham Joker for last November and we are still waiting on that one to release.

Just a guess but I think we'll get both by April in Hong Kong.

I think it takes Sideshow 6-8 weeks to get them.

Look's so sick wish they would do in 1/6 scale maybe one last DX joker release would be Amazing.

Cant wait to see this when come's out.

tumblr_nxjvhp2l4G1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Back