Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry - it was supposed to be done first quarter, but I'm still waiting on it. I guess @Nightt47 is catching up from all the Covid stuff in China. As soon as I get some photos, I'll go ahead and post them here.

Cool, look forward to seeing it. Are you still displaying the daftoys coat? I have decided I am going to get it and I?m going to make it all dirty and grimy.
I?ve also got 2 creg heads but can?t find a neck adapter anywhere. What are you doing for an adapter? Going to remove the HT one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, look forward to seeing it. Are you still displaying the daftoys coat? I have decided I am going to get it and I?m going to make it all dirty and grimy.
I?ve also got 2 creg heads but can?t find a neck adapter anywhere. What are you doing for an adapter? Going to remove the HT one?

Still got the datfoys coat on him, but I may change it out when the sculpt arrives. I specifically chose a look for when he had the grenades in the coat, so I may end up going back. We'll see.

As far as the neck adapter, the 1/4 creg head is probably going to be mounted with magnets to the neck. This was supposed to be handled by @Nightt47, so I'll get out some pictures of that when it comes back. I've never had a problem with the 1/6 creg scuplts and just using a real hot toys connector off ebay. I think I picked up 3 of them for $12 or so.

Alright BigWayne? Did you get your 1/4 creg 5.0 back yet? Would love to see some photos if you can? Still haven?t bought the daftoys coat but I have got 2 1/4 creg sculpts on the way to me a 5.0 and an earlier one of his to paint up.

Anyone else with custom joker sculpts they could share?

My Leo.1334 sculpt painted & haired by Mark Simpson
20200701_131331.jpg

Still got the datfoys coat on him, but I may change it out when the sculpt arrives. I specifically chose a look for when he had the grenades in the coat, so I may end up going back. We'll see.

As far as the neck adapter, the 1/4 creg head is probably going to be mounted with magnets to the neck. This was supposed to be handled by @Nightt47, so I'll get out some pictures of that when it comes back. I've never had a problem with the 1/6 creg scuplts and just using a real hot toys connector off ebay. I think I picked up 3 of them for $12 or so.

Ok, would be interested to see how the magnets work out.
Yes 1/6 ones are easy to get but never seen a 1/4 one.
Look forward to seeing the sculpt when it?s done

I'd like to order the Daftoys coat but don't know where in the US to order it. I've looked on google, but it seems to be available only from overseas and I'm not sure who a reputable seller is? Any suggestions? Just don't won't to wind up regretting it. DAFTOYS-1-4-JOKER-Purple-Coat-Windbreaker-for-Action-Figure-DIY.jpg_640x640q70.jpg

I got mine on ebay from a seller named "sunnymayhair", and yes, he's somewhere in China. This was back before Covid (last July), so I didn't really need a US seller. Back then, I didn't have any issues with shipping or quality, but like you, I think now I'd try to keep it in the US.

That looks awesome Mart_P. Any pics of it on the figure?
I assume that came with the neck adapter fitted?

I'll sort out some shots of it on the figure for you. The neck piece came pre-attached by the sculptor.

Speaking of the Daftoys coat, does anyone know if it's compatible with the Hot Toys grenade rig?

Well, there's still some work to be done, but Zhang (nightt47) already posted some pictures on his facebook page, so I'll go ahead and show you guys what he's got for me so far.

face.jpg
eye.jpg
head.jpg
head_left.jpg

I think the paint work looks absolutely fantastic, but I've asked him to make some changes to the hair, and he's still got to address the neck. I'll post more pictures when those changes are complete.

Well, there's still some work to be done, but Zhang (nightt47) already posted some pictures on his facebook page, so I'll go ahead and show you guys what he's got for me so far.

View attachment 491926
View attachment 491929
View attachment 491927
View attachment 491928

I think the paint work looks absolutely fantastic, but I've asked him to make some changes to the hair, and he's still got to address the neck. I'll post more pictures when those changes are complete.

Looks awesome!

Looking awesome BigWayne. Think the hair looks great, just needs colour sorting, what are you not happy with?

Thanks for the positive comments :)

Looking awesome BigWayne. Think the hair looks great, just needs colour sorting, what are you not happy with?

As you said, looking for more green in the hair, and some changes to add a bit more hair to the left side of the hairline to make it rounded. I'm really excited to see this almost done - it's been a long time coming.

Not a fan of these custom sculpts. Pretty much only because of the prices. I remember asking Jaxon Xu back in February for a 1/4 joker head and it was $120 unpainted and $700(!) painted. Ridiculous IMO. And I don?t even know what other customs are out there, but I wouldn?t pay the price of the figure or higher for just a head. Stock is good enough for me, though rooted hair would have been 100% better.

63C1B7EA-8728-4B54-9241-59802F627362.jpg
F3A0EA2C-A8D9-4CCF-B9DB-A0A580DB7664.jpg
10110169-822A-4D95-9668-48C55A28C629.jpg
415CFA44-9BA9-4744-B456-A48D3558A7A0.jpg

Typically I tend to agree with that line of thinking - but every time I looked at mine I thought damn... they really missed a trick with it. Now after getting Jaxons x Viper I think holy crap this is incredible and a keeper.

Ordered the Viper Last Samurai as a result.

Typically I tend to agree with that line of thinking - but every time I looked at mine I thought damn... they really missed a trick with it. Now after getting Jaxons x Viper I think holy crap this is incredible and a keeper.

Ordered the Viper Last Samurai as a result.

How much did the custom Joker head cost?

I'm okay with the stock apart from the big lump of hair in the middle and uninspired paint app.

Has anyone just had the HT sculpt repainted and haired?

Woah! :thud:

*Looks guiltily* I haven't gotten around to opening my QS Joker, so I haven't seen it in person yet, but WOW these custom head sculpts/paints look otherworldly!

I don't think their is a better statue than the qs 1/3 rooted hair, it is stunning

@ ScoobyDoo I think your photos showcase how good the stock head sculpts are!

I don't think their is a better statue than the qs 1/3 rooted hair, it is stunning

Yeah no doubt the QS statues are top tier, man, It makes me want to be a statue collector :lol

Not a fan of these custom sculpts. Pretty much only because of the prices. I remember asking Jaxon Xu back in February for a 1/4 joker head and it was $120 unpainted and $700(!) painted. Ridiculous IMO. And I don?t even know what other customs are out there, but I wouldn?t pay the price of the figure or higher for just a head. Stock is good enough for me, though rooted hair would have been 100% better.

I guess we've just got way different viewpoints on this. IMO, if I was asked to pay $600 for a 1/4 Joker figure that I wasn't completely satisfied with, I'd view that as a complete waste of money. OTOH, if it got me part of the way there to a figure I could be really excited about, then I'd buy it. . . . Which is exactly what I did.

All of my customs were worth every penny to me because I really enjoy them. I also understand that not everyone may agree with my choices, but that's why we each have our own choices to make.

Back