Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeesh this is underwhelming. Hopefully much like QS001 there will be lots of improvements made before its release.

The sculpt is too docile. Not manic enough. The EB sculpt while having its issues with elogation still hits the menacing look of the Joker. Really shocked at the pedestrian effort given the opportunity of the scale to sculpt a really great expression.

1500519789851.jpeg

I'm wondering if it's an approval thing with the expression. Maybe his family/estate didn't approve a more maniacal or menacing look?

Wow... pretty underwhelming. As a proud owner of the Enterbay one, seriously.... its not even a contest.

Usually HT brings in their triple A game when they need to outshine EB. This sculpt looks like a more textured well painted HS of the Neca 1/4 figure.

They really could have made something special with rooted hair.. this is a fail... HT fanboys that skipped on the EB might still be all over it.

Wow... pretty underwhelming. As a proud owner of the Enterbay one, seriously.... its not even a contest.

Usually HT brings in their triple A game when they need to outshine EB. This sculpt looks like a more textured well painted HS of the Neca 1/4 figure.

They really could have made something special with rooted hair.. this is a fail... HT fanboys that skipped on the EB might still be all over it.

Apparently even at a larger scale, Ledger Joker is still HT's weakness. Let's see if this would take the QS001 route, months of delay but worth it in the end.

And yes, you can mass-produce this already as is and it will still sell because HT.

I'm cautious. The QS 001 was one of the biggest and most pleasant surprises in Hot Toys history, in terms of the vast difference between prototype and final product. That said, HT seems like they're a bit of a different beast, now. I don't want to say they're less prone to hearing criticisms, but I do think they do less, in terms of fixing things.

Insanely disappointing considering all the time they had to get his likeness right since the last release. Prime gets the likeness right in one shot, but HT fails after like 10 attempts?

Think I'm gonna get a heart attack from all these reveals.. BB suit with first night options and then this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insanely disappointing considering all the time they had to get his likeness right since the last release. Prime gets the likeness right in one shot, but HT fails after like 10 attempts?

That's Adam Gu on Prime1's sculpt. Rumor has it that HT approached him to do Ledger Joker for them and he declined. Prime 1 is 1/2 scale and only 1k units. He knows that if he does more mainstream 1/4 and 1/6 for mass production (who knows how much, but seeing that HT and the fans celebrate the EX Suicide Squad Batman's 3000 units as very limited, then how many could a regular release be), he'd lose most if not all of the clients who pay him $6-7k for a custom sculpt.

That's Adam Gu on Prime1's sculpt. Rumor has it that HT approached him to do Ledger Joker for them and he declined. Prime 1 is 1/2 scale and only 1k units. He knows that if he does more mainstream 1/4 and 1/6 for mass production (who knows how much, but seeing that HT and the fans celebrate the EX Suicide Squad Batman's 3000 units as very limited, then how many could a regular release be), he'd lose most if not all of the clients who pay him $6-7k for a custom sculpt.

I think we all agree that Adam is the best Heath sculptor to date, but there are others who have also gotten much closer than this HT interpretation. I don't blame Adam for declining to do this because I will be forced to get the 1/2 Prime if nothing better is shown or confirmed in the next few months.

Just wait for the 2.0

The tailoring doesn't seem that great for 1/4... maybe it's the futzing.

Honestly the 1/6 looks better overall.

Hopefully they'll improve this for release like their TDK bats.

Last edited:
Back