Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would blame general disinterest in DC movies for a lack of a showing this year more than HT. Not really an excuse for not showing 10th anniversary DK Joker though.

All the same I would really like to have seen a Mera figure at least.

I would have to disagree. I think there is great interest in DC outside of the DCEU. Plenty of amazing stuff they could have made. If a figure of Kevin Feige would really seller better than a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman I don't wanna live in that world. :lol

Maybe nothing to do with the movies- most of the JL figures are sold out from alot of retailers...they are always popular
I think they have some plan in mind or just plain goofed

I think another contributing factor is the pure over-saturation of the market. It's just Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Joker, Harley Quinn, rinse and repeat. In every scale, at every price point, in every collectible form. I love all 5 of those characters and even then it's getting to be too much. There's so many other DC characters than could be made but many of these companies aren't willing to take the risk, especially if some of the big names are struggling to sell (which would be due to over-saturation as stated).

Anyways it is extremely odd that this 1/4 Joker is no where to be seen. I really hope it's because it's about to be released.

Exactly, HT is all about the movies and what is popular… DCEU is FAR from it right now.

The glut of Iron Men is just tiresome though. There is plenty they can do on the DC side without even bothering with the current movies or do something else like the John Wick they announced. Blitzway are far more interesting than Hot Toys these days.

Asmus Toys has also been doing some more unique stuff. Lord of the Rings, Tarantino, God Father, etc. Hot Toys overall has the highest quality but it's the same old same old.

I think another contributing factor is the pure over-saturation of the market. It's just Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Joker, Harley Quinn, rinse and repeat. In every scale, at every price point, in every collectible form. I love all 5 of those characters and even then it's getting to be too much. There's so many other DC characters than could be made but many of these companies aren't willing to take the risk, especially if some of the big names are struggling to sell (which would be due to over-saturation as stated).

Anyways it is extremely odd that this 1/4 Joker is no where to be seen. I really hope it's because it's about to be released.

makes sense- but why the JL figures weren't shown is odd- they are still months away from release

I would have to disagree. I think there is great interest in DC outside of the DCEU. Plenty of amazing stuff they could have made. If a figure of Kevin Feige would really seller better than a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman I don't wanna live in that world. :lol

I took a trip to the Marvel section to see if that was a joke. And of course it wasn't. :lol :rolleyes2

I took a trip to the Marvel section to see if that was a joke. And of course it wasn't. :lol :rolleyes2

I to thought it was a joke...or at least hoped it was. Still no Catwoman, no 1/4 T1 figure but they give us that. :cuckoo: I doubt even many Marvel fans will care about it.

Do you remember the days before Hot Toys had any Marvel license? It's unbelievable now but there actually was a time when people had to beg for Marvel figures from Hot Toys. 'Be careful what you wish for' was hardly ever more true.

Yeah lll say it again this comic con was a joke. ;) no seriously there were more Star Wars figures then dc from hot toys? No bat mobile no JLA line up not even the soon to be released joker?? Even the marvel figures wasn’t really impressed with wasn’t anything special. I think collectors got screwed during this comic con and that goes to the ones who brought sold out figures that are pretty much being rehashed.

After seeing that HT are releasing a 1/6 DX Darth maul...WITH the PERS eye system...it makes it even more disappointing that they didn't incorporate them into both this and the BB fig....damn shame..

I do hope they've at least revised the Joker sculpt...and give us something that actually looks like Ledger under the clown paint.

I hope they have put PERS in the Joker. Wasn't Batman the first figure they did this with? It's incredible in the DX15 Jack Sparrow, would be amazing with this! I just hope it turns out great. What a shame if it doesn't especially as it's so expensive - I have to say the BB from everything I've seen is such a dissappointment, I'm not overly fond of the suit, but I was thinking I'd be persuaded by it if Hot Toys do it exceptionally well.

I'm going to cancel my dreams of a 1/4 Battfleck now.

I hope I'm wrong but I'd say the chances of any improvements to this figure are next to zero. They had a year to fix the QS009 suit being too shiny and Bale's eye colour being wrong, again, but did nothing.

I still like that figure and I'm sure I'll like this one but it is frustrating they won't listen to listen to feedback and make improvements the way Prime 1 do.

The Hush Superman has been improved several times already in line with constructive criticisms. No one want's those cheap plastic HA HA HA's on this base, as they didn't the bats on the QS009, but rest assured they will still be there when this releases. :lol

PERS looks bad on 9 out of 10 figures, it takes likeness of a figure.

Not intetested on this figure based on the proto, maybe if Hot Toys rebuild the headscult and it turns out great I'd be interested

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

Nah hot toys won’t add pers this close to release. If that was the case I would rather have them give us unsculpted hair. I can only imagine maybe next week they be at ACHK or whatever it was called it was close to end of July when I looked at budget starks video from 2017 so I’m hoping DC will be big. As for SDCC wasn’t impressed and left disappointed. That’s how I felt about both movie news/ and actual collectibles for this event. But I do think I’m deft gonna get batman begins 1/4 I have to admit it does look nice/ not accurate but looks cool. Always loved Bales Utility belt and all the gadgets.

I have Pers on only Batman and Captain Jack, and I think they're really good on both, exceptionally good on Jack. I think the detail they would put into them now would be worth it - I don't think, like they're doing with Maul, that they used to do all the veins around the eye also.

Back