Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that was years ago. Think of what they'd charge for Joker now.

Suffice it to say, I would be able to die happy if they finally blessed us with a solid Ledger likeness depicting that yellowed, toothy grin.

I'd *love* to see them try this look.

26184c2875cc9b0494c5c9d366bbefeb--heath-ledger-joker-superhero-movies.jpg

But knowing Hawt Toys they'll prolly go for...

joker_caricature_836155.jpg

Obviously more materials are used at 1/4 scale but it's all pretty cheap stuff. Surprised it adds another $200 to the price.

:horror ouch! Do they really cost that much more to make. I wouldn't have thought so.

$465 was considered pretty cheap...

look at what unarticulated 1/4 statues that aren't even mix media are going for, it's insane.

But do you own any HT 1/4? I think you underestimate the scale and detail of them. It easily doubles a regular 1/6 fig.

He'll prob be around $469 or so being some of thier Star Wars 1/4's are that price and it's mostly all an cloth costume.

$465 is around $494 in today's dollars after inflation.

I wouldn't be surprised if HT charges a premium for this figure considering the popularity. Its a cash cow.

look at what unarticulated 1/4 statues that aren't even mix media are going for, it's insane.

But do you own any HT 1/4? I think you underestimate the scale and detail of them. It easily doubles a regular 1/6 fig.

Sadly I do not yet. TDK 1/4 figure was released before I began collecting and I believe that's the only DC figure they have released so far. I still don't like that Batsuit but it would be very hard for me to pass on a 1/4 Ledger Joker.

Of bloody course. Should've known that if they didn't return to 1/4 with another Iron Man, they'd do it with this.

Hey, how about that Predator and T1 T-800 y'all announced six years ago?

I have both articulated and statues in 1/4 scale and to be fair, it's a possibility that the usual lower production run on statues compared to articlulated figures could be a pricing factor for statues. Still though, at least when QS001 came out, Sideshow PFs were between $350-399 vs HT's $465.

$465 is around $494 in today's dollars after inflation.

I wouldn't be surprised if HT charges a premium for this figure considering the popularity. Its a cash cow.

It could be far-fetched, but it's another possibility that they could gouge the price more than what's fair for what the package has to offer since they have seen how far some collectors have gone to get the Enterbay version @ aftermarket prices. While they know some people won't pay $900-1000 for Enterbay's, they could confidently give this a $600 (or higher) price tag because 1. it's Ledger Joker and 2. it's Hot Toys.

Well they don't even have the license for the dark knight in 1/4. EB has the license so not sure Ht can produce this. QS001 is from TDKR.

Can't wait for the countless HS threads, Kato threads, shoe threads.....

Interested nonetheless, might get. Sold my QS001 a while back, but I'm sure more versions are coming.

If it is a Ledger Joker, I hope they eventually offer it in 1/6 scale. I missed the 2.0 and would buy a 3.0 in a second.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back