Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Garbage. Wouldn't even waste my time or effort to consider yet another Iron Man release.

It could come with a 3 breasted prostitute and I still wouldn't bite.

Garbage. Wouldn't even waste my time or effort to consider yet another Iron Man release.

It could come with a 3 breasted prostitute and I still wouldn't bite.

Dont' be too hasty. :lol

lines at hk:
1204071216a86c3ece7f3d18db.jpg

1204071216d90d6ace5e7812c4.jpg

120407121873808d60a2772665.jpg

https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-180451-7-1.html

Holy ____ is that all for the Mark VI? :horror:horror:horror

Apparently some people do give a ____ about this. Even if it is to line thier pockets with a resale.

:cuckoo: wow! a new marketing ploy for a mark suit! why am i not surprised? give it 2 months before the light up base focuses on pink panties again.

Wow. That's a lot of people waiting to purchase a toy that most think won't sell. It makes me wonder how small a percentage the sideshow freaks community is as far as WHO is buying hot toys. TINY in my opinion.

Last edited:

A lot of them are probably looking to make a buck like this guy was.

5988924225_fba5190fa9_o.jpg

I'm willing to bet at least half of those people are in line just so they can flip it on ebay/elsewhere.

Last year when HT released the Demon Bat/Scarecrow set (and the predator and something else i don't recall) one dude had actually hired 200+ people to buy a set each for him, so he could sell them on the secondary market for a profit. EDIT: That's him there ^

He ended up losing money because the set dropped in value :lol

So moral of the story - those long lines don't mean squat

Rationalize it however you want. Even if Your right, They are still selling. If You were a business owner and could put out a product that you know will make money, once, twice or ten times, you'd be a fool to not do it. And if they go to the well one too many times, they'll pay the price. But clearly, that's not now.

Think about this, though. If resellers/flippers are buying this because they think it's something they can make money off of because it's limited, and they think they can sell it to collectors at a big markup and it doesn't sell, these types of releases aren't really going to fly with anybody anymore. Scalpers won't want to buy them anymore because they can't make a profit off of it and collectors aren't going to buy it because they already had a chance to own it three times already and the market will be flooded with a boat load of minor variations of the same character.

Think about this, though. If resellers/flippers are buying this because they think it's something they can make money off of because it's limited, and they think they can sell it to collectors at a big markup and it doesn't sell, these types of releases aren't really going to fly with anybody anymore. Scalpers won't want to buy them anymore because they can't make a profit off of it and collectors aren't going to buy it because they already had a chance to own it three times already and the market will be flooded with a boat load of minor variations of the same character.

That's where things are heading IMO

I would love it if scalpers got totality screwed.

I'm so confused... I thought there were 500 in HK, 500 in the US and the other 2000 for various promo's?

What on earth is going on with this mark vi, i must be missing something...

To be fair some of those people in line might just be there for the Avengers tickets and not the figure at all :lol

To be fair some of those people in line might just be there for the Avengers tickets and not the figure at all :lol

That reminded me to check my local cinema to see if they are taking bookings, and they are! Tickets bought! Can't believe it's nearly here

Bit dissapointed thats its gotta be flippin' 3D. Ah well

This is precisely the reason why I like HTs new business direction. Guys like him trying to flip this stuff, HT is flipping him the bird.

That reminded me to check my local cinema to see if they are taking bookings, and they are! Tickets bought! Can't believe it's nearly here

Bit dissapointed thats its gotta be flippin' 3D. Ah well

:lol We have tons of options here in Utah. All the way from plain old 2D to IMAX 3D to a special VIP screening for like 16 people. All reserved seats too. Since Mormans can't drink or gamble or go to clubs, etc we do movies right here! :rock

Back