Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

I'm betting this sucker is a bash of Mark IV and Mark VI parts. Legs/Arms from the former, Torso from the latter. If anyone thought the original Mark VI felt 'cheap', my bet is this one feels sturdy like the Mark IV.

:exactly: I thought the same exact thing when I saw no BD parts.

Was there a Price tag for this? Doesn't look like it comes with much..

End of the month, movie release... or should be not long after

3000 is still a lot of figures. Half of them will end up on eBay.

:) make that 2999 since I missed out the first time..

Don't worry about missing out with Hot Toys. They will re-issue everything eventually with "improved", "special", "Milk", "convention", "promo" and "____" editions.

:exactly: I thought the same exact thing when I saw no BD parts.

Well if it turns out that this is a new body and the parts that once could be replaced with BD parts are now secured onto the body and not by magnets (IIRC it was magnets used to secure the removable parts) I could actually be tempted to get on board with this

Personally though I reckon it'll be exactly the same body as the first

It looks pretty much like the first Mark VI minus the BD parts, I'm glad I have the IV and VI, so I pretty much have this fig already.

I guess I'll be the only one defending Hot Toys.

They're actually releasing a figure that is seen in the Avengers movie for anyone who still wants the Mark VI, and missed it the first time around. They are also NOT offering anything new that would force COMPLETIONISTS to consider getting this release. This will help Hot Toys make some money to add back to their R&D and develop some new toys.

Remember Hot Toys is still a BUSINESS, and these cash cows (Iron Man, Batman, Predator, Terminator, etc.) will help us get figures for the box office bombs (Sucker Punch, Tron, etc.), that they'll lose money or break even on.

Wow, you're under the delusion that box office means something. They've already made enough money off the first ten iron Mans to pay for lots more R&D for those other licenses than they've used so far

"Lose money on?" If thats was the case they wouldn't have bought those licenses in the first place, how can they expect to make lots of money from them unless they make lots of figures, Iron Man would not have made ____ if they stopped after two figures :lecture

It looks pretty much like the first Mark VI minus the BD parts, I'm glad I have the IV and VI, so I pretty much have this fig already.

Most people who wanted it do have it, and those who don' can easily buy it, this is just pandering

I want it and yes I can easily purchase it right now but if I can get a cheaper price with the rerelease than the original then I am in.

Wow, you're under the delusion that box office means something. They've already made enough money off the first ten iron Mans to pay for lots more R&D for those other licenses than they've used so far

"Lose money on?" If thats was the case they wouldn't have bought those licenses in the first place, how can they expect to make lots of money from them unless they make lots of figures, Iron Man would not have made ____ if they stopped after two figures :lecture

Most people who wanted it do have it, and those who don' can easily buy it, this is just pandering

Well they have to buy the license before the movies come out. They announced the Green Lantern and Sucker Punch licenses before the movie came. Those movies kinda bombed, so the demand for those toys will probably be lower than Hot Toys expected. They will still release those figures, but probably break even on them.

They mentioned in an interview that the Jack Nicholson license was expensive, so they were going to release multiply Jokers to get the most out of the cost.

Just saying, Hot Toys is in a business to make money as much as we think it's purely "for the art."

So is the only difference between the 16 edition and the 3,000 edition the Stark head they come with? Or is that light up base only with the 16? And what exactly is repainted here? :lol

So is the only difference between the 16 edition and the 3,000 edition the Stark head they come with? Or is that light up base only with the 16? And what exactly is repainted here? :lol

Yes, Mech head is 16 pieces

Mark IV head is 3,000.

Neither of these sculpts look like RDJ. This is really just a re-hash. The only bonus is the clean version of the mark VI armor, which I personally prefer the 'used' look anyway.

I'd like to see someone who gets 1 of the 16 sets sell it on e-bay.
Or even sell the light-up base alone. Imagine how crazy that'll get? :lol

ironmantoy452012.jpeg

Back