Hot Toys Terminator: Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arnold

Respect for His achievements in body building because of what is involved to build muscle

No respect for him as a person,his values in life/Morals/politics

Well firstly, I don't agree with your first sentence. Arnold still has huge star power, don't you think you're selling him a bit short there?

Secondly, I never said he should've quit early, that's basically the opposite of what I wrote. :lol

My response about him quitting early was mainly directed towards Fabio. But as far star power goes, The last stand, Sabotage, and Escape Plan did pretty terrible at the box office.

I agree those films weren't amazing but he is such an icon to me and always will be, that box office numbers or reviews don't matter.

Arnie always had something you cant put a price on... Charisma. I think a lot of the top body builders in his era, well any era actually are pretty well matched, however most of them are just roided up zombies.

Arnies force of character makes him who he is. Bodybuilding was just a way and means of achieving what he wanted in life. Also the guy has amazing self belief. When he first came to America and started telling people he wanted to be the biggest movie star in the world, you can imagine the reaction, this freakish looking guy with a broad Austrian accent got. :exactly:

I will admit he has probably had his day when it comes to movies but he is unquestionable a remarkable individual who has proved the power of the will is one of the greatest assets at our disposal.

Like if any of you guys were Arnold , you'd say NO to millions more for a film and a chance to be in the limelight again. Get real.
He isn't an acting icon like Hackman or Connery who retired by choice and stayed retired. He's Arnold. He knows what he's doing and knows the drawbacks.

^Yeah, I don't think that an Old Terminator will look any cool.

But maybe I am wrong.

I am a BIG fan of Schwarzenegger, but sometimes it' best to just retire.

And they will also release the Chinese Liquid Metal T-1000.

Robert Patrick is THE T-1000 for me.

I really enjoy Arnold's movies but ultimately I just want a nice endoskeleton for my collection. :)

Truthfully, Arnold pretty much died to me as a action star after T2.(mayybe True Lies) Stallone was pretty much the same after Demolition Man until Rambo 4 brought him back to life for one last bang.(The Expendables 1 wasn't bad either) Which reminds me, we never did get that Rambo 4 figure. Anyway, it would probably have been better if both of them held up on the comedies back then and instead did them now.

I have my barf bags pre-ordered for Terminator 5.

I have a great respect for Arnold, and for all of his many achievements in life. But I do kinda wish he would be just a little bit more selective when choosing his scripts.

But he can do whatever he likes really.

Honestly Arnold is having fun at this point in his career it seems to me. People who give him crap don't seem to realize that he's doing more films for his fanbase because let's face it he doesn't have to act a day more in his life if he doesn't want to. To me I think that his comeback has been all fan service and he's doing as much as he can before he's too old. Personally I'm grateful for it because he's one of my favorite action stars. Not that I think he's the best actor ever or anything and I'm sure he knows he's not either but he's still a lot of fun to watch. I don't see why he'd suddenly become selective about the roles he picks at this point. He's doing what he's known for and what his fans want.

I am reading Arnolds autobiography. Love it.

Lot of respect for the guy even with his political opinions/decision and personal life....

Sure I will watch this movie, cant get enough Arnold. I was sad when he said he was running for governor, but now that I see it, he needed a rest and come back with more energy. :lecture

If you guys want to support Arnie, go right ahead. For me, he just looks goofy and awkward up on the screen. His most recent movies and Terminator Genisys are prime examples of this. If you guys like seeing him make an ass of himself in crappy movies because "hey, it's Arnold", well that's your prerogative.

Don't get me wrong, I still respect the guy, he's been in some of my favorite movies and is part of my childhood. He's the perfect example of a self made man from his career. I just think now a days he looks ****ing silly.

He should do one last hurrah as King Conan (I'd love to see that) or GTFO.

Last edited:
Well he hasn't got anything else to really do. He was out of the business for several years whilst he was Governor, but that's all over now.

I just wish there would be no more Terminator films. I didn't mind the film he did with Sly Stallone not too long ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He should do one last hurrah as King Conan (I'd love to see that) or GTFO.

I'm actually shocked that was not his first port of call to star in a King Conan film. He looks tailored made for that role now or we could always see what happened to Dutch after P1.

I love Arnold. He's an American success story in every sense of the word; physical perfection during his body-building days, world-wide super-star of the silver screen, political success as Governor of California, etc ...

Nowadays, I find his current film work a tongue-in-cheek mockery of this 80s super-star status films. You know what though? Arnold isn't stupid. He knows it too. But that won't stop him from making films, earning millions of dollars, and keeping his name in the spot-light. Arnold showcased his comedic side in films like Twins and Kindergarten Cop decades ago and he's still doing it with this current crop of films and laughing all the way to the bank.
If anyone disagrees, does anyone recall when T3 was announced and Cameron wasn't directing. Arnold read the script and thought it was awful and called Cameron to ask his advice. Cameron's advice, "Just do it. Who cares if it sucks. They're willing to pay you $15 million to do it."
I'm pretty sure that's been Arnold's mentality ever since.

I love Arnold. He's an American success story in every sense of the word; physical perfection during his body-building days, world-wide super-star of the silver screen, political success as Governor of California, etc ...

Nowadays, I find his current film work a tongue-in-cheek mockery of this 80s super-star status films. You know what though? Arnold isn't stupid. He knows it too. But that won't stop him from making films, earning millions of dollars, and keeping his name in the spot-light. Arnold showcased his comedic side in films like Twins and Kindergarten Cop decades ago and he's still doing it with this current crop of films and laughing all the way to the bank.
If anyone disagrees, does anyone recall when T3 was announced and Cameron wasn't directing. Arnold read the script and thought it was awful and called Cameron to ask his advice. Cameron's advice, "Just do it. Who cares if it sucks. They're willing to pay you $15 million to do it."
I'm pretty sure that's been Arnold's mentality ever since.

Arnold thought the T3 script was awful? I never heard that.

Back