Hot Toys Terminator: Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the chances Hot Toys will do anything with the 1984 Terminator? At the very least this would provide a new Tech Noir head. Maybe include it with one of the figures. Don't think they would give us just a nude Arnie........unless it was the next True Type muscle figure.

I think they're zilch considering he apparently doesn't even have time to get his clothes before being confronted by Pops-800. You're right, HT aren't going to make a figure of a nude Terminator.

The best we can perhaps hope for is that they use this film as an opportunity to go back to T1.

Hey, how about then and now two packs. T5 Reese with T1 Reese. Ditto for Sarah. I can dream.

What are the chances Hot Toys will do anything with the 1984 Terminator? At the very least this would provide a new Tech Noir head.
after 238's disgusting sculpt fail it's clear that HT cannot make those things yet. not for about forty years.

Last edited:
Endoskeletons now just look goofy as ****. HT QS002 included. Sadly it seems to have become the standard for god only knows why.

Yeah HT QS002 was a big disappointment with its horse like teeth, elongated head and out of proportion body. It would be nice to see HT do a 1/6th version of the 1984 endoskeleton complete with a battle damaged display base. Also the Asian t1000 from the new movie would make a great figure.

Yeah HT QS002 was a big disappointment with its horse like teeth, elongated head and out of proportion body. It would be nice to see HT do a 1/6th version of the 1984 endoskeleton complete with a battle damaged display base. Also the Asian t1000 from the new movie would make a great figure.

An Asian in a cop uniform would make a great figure? How so? :lol

after 238's disgusting sculpt fail it's clear that HT cannot make those things yet. not for about forty years.

We trusted Hot Toys to make them all. They say it got smart, a new order of collectibles. Then it saw all non Marvel Figures as a threat, not just the ones that sold poorly. Decided our fate in a microsecond: Iron Man.

We trusted Hot Toys to make them all. They say it got smart, a new order of collectibles. Then it saw all non Marvel Figures as a threat, not just the ones that sold poorly. Decided our fate in a microsecond: Iron Man.

I read this and about spit my drink out laughing... Excellent post.

that's a perfect signature right there ))

Spoiler alert..........

Arnold: "I got myself in shape and felt great, the way I looked in the movie. I think it's going to be a great movie with great surprises, none of which you can see in the trailer, simply because of the visual FX... to recreate me from 1984, every single frame has to be recreated... and it's quite a long scene. The idea is in 1984 when you see me walking across naked to those punks and say "Give me your clothes,"... now the scene changes. As I (the young Arnold) say "Give me your clothes," suddenly you hear a voice behind me say "You won't need them." So the Terminator turns around to check out who is that, and all of a sudden he sees himself, which is me the way I look now, and I'm there with a shotgun, and I just blast away at him.

We'll be having some great surprises about who is the ultimate villain that I have to fight, how I was reprogramed, and the time travel. You can't travel through time when you have metal exposed, and my arm gets deteriorated... the flesh, because of some acid... so then my metal arm is exposed, therefore I cannot use the time machine."

*from thearnoldfans.com

Spoiler alert..........

Arnold: "I got myself in shape and felt great, the way I looked in the movie. I think it's going to be a great movie with great surprises, none of which you can see in the trailer, simply because of the visual FX... to recreate me from 1984, every single frame has to be recreated... and it's quite a long scene. The idea is in 1984 when you see me walking across naked to those punks and say "Give me your clothes,"... now the scene changes. As I (the young Arnold) say "Give me your clothes," suddenly you hear a voice behind me say "You won't need them." So the Terminator turns around to check out who is that, and all of a sudden he sees himself, which is me the way I look now, and I'm there with a shotgun, and I just blast away at him.

We'll be having some great surprises about who is the ultimate villain that I have to fight, how I was reprogramed, and the time travel. You can't travel through time when you have metal exposed, and my arm gets deteriorated... the flesh, because of some acid... so then my metal arm is exposed, therefore I cannot use the time machine."

*from thearnoldfans.com

Does that shotgun fire plasma? If not, I suspect it wouldn't do a lot to the 'young' t800...

The last bit is kind of new, hadn't heard anything about that before. Though now I remember the bit from the trailer with his endo-forearm exposed.

Back