Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likeness is very subjective. Even when its dead on to the actor or subject, 25% will not 'see it'

Comes with the territory

Overall, I am loving the look of this one. Certain angles does throw off the likeness a bit, and the body seems to be a slightly idealized version of Ahnuld, but all-in-all, its fantastic

If Hot Toys has the rights for Arnold's likeness does it mean they also have Michael Biehn likeness rights? I know Biehn wasn't in the theatrical release but he is in the special edition.

I hope we do get both John Connor youth as well as the Future John from T2.

Time to throw your old 1/6 from sideshow to the thrash.and the pf too.this one is better.

Just use them as victims of the war. Cut, burn, blow-up, bloody, and leave them face down. At least one decapitated.

Talk about bright baby blues. I wonder if they'll turn red like Wesker's?

Ooooooohhhhh!!! I want that!!!! YES please Hot Toys do that!!! But yea the newest photos are fan-freakin"-tastic! I want it now!!! But est if it doesn't come now. No $$.

The NECA T2 figures are great for their price. The Hot Toys version looks fantastic, but IMHO something seems a little off with the sun glasses on.

teaser_2.jpg

teaser_1.jpg

He needs A Harley davidson.:emperor

The neck. I would have preferred the sculpted neck post, not this weird looking articulation cut. We can get the same desired movements with the sculpted neck post which is superior in terms of function and aesthetics in my opinion.

Yeah, if I have a criticism so far its this. I think the head and neck should have been all-in-one - the articulation line is mildly annoying and I'm slightly concerned about a pinhead effect similar to what Dutch has where the neck is thick at the base and gets visibly narrower as it goes into the head which looked a bit silly.

The latter pic without sunglasses though looks incredible to me. I think the eyes and the expression are perfect although a head-on view would be nice.

A wondering of mine is exactly how big the head is. Would the HT endoskeleton skull 'fit inside' this head or will they be out-of-scale with eachother? An endoskull definitely doesn't 'fit' inside the squat Dutch head. This is why I wouldn't mind if the new line included a re-done endoskeleton - smaller than the current one, more accurate and chrome. I'd love to see a DX release with a battledamaged endoskeleton specific to T1 and a battlefield endoskeleton with 2 plasma rifles from T2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, if I have a criticism so far its this. I think the head and neck should have been all-in-one - the articulation line is mildly annoying and I'm slightly concerned about a pinhead effect similar to what Dutch has where the neck is thick at the base and gets visibly narrower as it goes into the head which looked a bit silly.

The latter pic without sunglasses though looks incredible to me. I think the eyes and the expression are perfect although a head-on view would be nice.

Totally agree on the neck. Articulation is never lost much. I don't see why they don't just do it like Connor and Wright all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
NECA's Arnold Schwarzenegger sculpts are extremely accurate. I'm throwing my hat into the ring right here. Kyle Windrix did them using lifecasts taken of Schwarzenegger during the making of Total Recall and T2 so I think for their scale they are spot on and I look forward to seeing what they have in store at Toyfair.

Has this been posted?

20091225_a8351bd28668ceb0854eSVFgg1ZHem30.jpg

That looks much better.

I think my criticisms came from from the angles from the initial pics. I'm sure in hand this will be a beautiful item. Still not sure about him without the shades though. It's all about the lighting on the face bringing out the texture and sculpt.

Am I the only one thinking about possibly setting this guy up against a cold blue light?

neca sux balls.

The figures are obviously not Hot Toys or high end collectibles by any means but for what they are I think they're really top notch.

You get a bunch of variations of the character with terrific detail and the likeness is pretty dead on for a 6" figure. I don't know what more collectors would want unless they collect 1/6 strictly. I don't see how anyone could though seeing that its A, ????ing Terminator, and B, an action figure. As long as they aren't micro machines or giant statues 6" and 12" are fine in my book.

To rule them out as crap isn't really fair considering how great and definitive they are.

What Hot Toys has done for this 12" Terminator, NECA has certainly done for their 6" ones. The fantastic value that we'll get with this Hot Toys T-800 for $120-$159 is similar to the NECA T-800s that go for $10-$13. Doesn't really make sense to compare them in my opinion.

Both types are good for what they are and any fan of the film should own both. Hot Toys, NECA and Art Asylum have really proved themselves with their Terminator 2 license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back