Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine what you could get for this figure a few years from now,guaranteed close to 1000$.

Hopefully HT will follow up with a 84`Reese and T1 Arnie later on.

0102-00315-003b1.jpg

anyone else think his gun looks a little small? thin?

If they make Sarah , the T-800 and the T-1000 without making John thats just gonna suck and were all gonna have to make a custom version . :D

His clothes look too baggy and I'm not totally
blown away by the likeness. I hope
it gets improved

I'll buy this figure for sure, but yeah, likeness is a bit off I think

have translated the text with the yahoo translator and it makes me scary:

The vulture aspect, the T-800 appearance once was before public in Japan's propaganda playbill, is actually criticized is a mass of cuts and bruises. This photography's Prototype, the appearance has revised obviously after Master Yulli, stops the cheeks not only inward micro concavely, both eyes also become profounder, looks like is more intrepid. The fitting is another selling point, representative black ultra is not certainly short, what most incessantly is the company collects the shrapnel gun's rose box and flower also one and offers, good repeats the hospital to save others one. It is known that HT will cooperate with Side Show the entire T2 series, will have in the future also more roles to be taken to the threshing ground, will know Sarah Connor to promote ironclad temporarily, but T-1000 or rotten face version T-800 on the time undetermined, according to the HT convention, will pack the latter's opportunity by the DX series to be very big.

whaaaaaat? A DX? :sick
And Sarah and the T-1000 but without John? Ah come on, we need John too...

T-1000 and BD T-800 are 'to be determined' and sarah connor is a lock??? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Wierd. Well I'm sure they'll all happen. No mention of John though. Pity.

The new pics look nice but I too think the likeness has something off about it now that I see more. Perhaps the head is too squat again like Dutch and the hair, like Sideshows, is cut in too tight on the sides. The eyes look good to me, very Arnie IMO. Overall though ,I know its a low end figure, but I think Tankman may have a slightly better handle on Arnie's likeness than Hot Toys have. Also yeah that shotgun looks a tad on the thin side.

Nevertheless I remain a happy camper getting this character at last by HT. The clothes look great, I'm happy with the build and the jointed arms aren't too offensive.

Last edited:
Im waiting for a final battle version i think :D I do like this one but I have always loved the ending of T-2 the best :borg

Some critical comments.............

-I am not liking the hairline... it makes the head too squarish. Looks more like the T1000 hairstyle rather than T800. Base on the attached pics, arnie does not have a that straight hairline for the forehead and temple.

- The length of the hair. Spike is good, but it is a tad too short. makes him look more like a joe rather than t800. And what i believe is that there is an upward curve to his hair style rather than just a short crude crop.

- The arms. The bulk of the arms look ok with the black jacket on. But when the jacket is remove to show the world arm, I am a bit disappointed. Where are the muscles? Veins? It is arnie we are talking about Then Mr Olympia!!!!!! not a a bloke who has just went for only a few sessions of gym. HT please dont do a slip shod job by giving us those arms. Give me a Mr Olympia arms.

- Joints. Good as it is not using a full rubber arm like dutch, but the joints and the seams which seals the arm pieces are abit too intrusive. It affects the aesthetics to some extent.

- Skin colour. Arnie is not a guy who will keep of the sun. He looks too white. Where is the tan?

Feature_Terminator2-med.jpg

Last edited:
the skin tone in these newer photos could actually just be the lighting , it looks darker to me in the first images.

This is an awesome clean V1 Version. Glad to hear they are doing the line. I think the reason they won't say they are doing a BD is because they are and don't want to take from V1 sales. That means possibly 2 more T 800s: Cyberdyne and FB, both which will sell well. Expect to see Cyberdyne by SDCC which means late next year release. But maybe no clean head with it. VERY curious about a DX.

My hopes are they'll do a FB Long hair Sarah. SSC already did the ponytail. A LH Sarah will work for Pescadaro, Cyberdyne and FB, so I hope they go with that. Maybe a second ponytail head will solve all that too.

Sarah's Outfits.

1 Pescadaro

2 Chett's/Mexico Sarah/SWAT

3 Cyberdyne Sarah. Long hair, green trench, gas mask, etc

4 FB BD Sarah w pump action shotgun.

T 1000

Reg and Motorycycle/FB Outfit.

Last edited:

- The length of the hair. Spike is good, but it is a tad too short. makes him look more like a joe rather than t800. And what i believe is that there is an upward curve to his hair style rather than just a short crude crop.

I think that's the most problem there which makes the head sculpt looking off. It's just too short, looks like he's coming just out of the hair-saloon. The should definitely re-do the hair-line, especially on the side. Sparks looks phenomenal though!

And yeah, those arms just looking too puffy, the should have done more of his muscles and details there. Although I will have him always with his leather-jacket, but those arms just doesn't look right.

-I am not liking the hairline... it makes the head too squarish. Looks more like the T1000 hairstyle rather than T800. Base on the attached pics, arnie does not have a that straight hairline for the forehead and temple.

- The arms. The bulk of the arms look ok with the black jacket on. But when the jacket is remove to show the world arm, I am a bit disappointed. Where are the muscles? Veins? It is arnie we are talking about Then Mr Olympia!!!!!! not a a bloke who has just went for only a few sessions of gym. HT please dont do a slip shod job by giving us those arms. Give me a Mr Olympia arms.

- Joints. Good as it is not using a full rubber arm like dutch, but the joints and the seams which seals the arm pieces are abit too intrusive. It affects the aesthetics to some extent.

- Skin colour. Arnie is not a guy who will keep of the sun. He looks too white. Where is the tan?

I agree with your points about the hair. That is something thats throwing it off. Too short, too tight at the sides, who knows what its like at the back but it should have some length and puff to it. I know I'm going to annoy people by mentioning it again but NECAs figure has the hair exactly right.

The arms I wasn't too bothered about but you're probably right about that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back