Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hot Toys has the rights for Arnold's likeness does it mean they also have Michael Biehn likeness rights? I know Biehn wasn't in the theatrical release but he is in the special edition.

I hope we do get both John Connor youth as well as the Future John from T2.

I would imagine Biehn wasn't contracted for likeness rights given the small nature of his scene. With the 4 core people, you knew for sure they were in the story to the end and it was smart to get their rights, but Biehn was a small scene that didnt' have toy/marketing value back then so I imagine they didn't have the vision to get it from him.

When next year is this due for release?...

I haven't seen you get answered and if you were, can't hurt twice, someone posted when the first images showed up that it looked slated for April in the HK, which given the simplicity of the set seems doable.

HT has my money yet again. Been waiting for a HT Arnie from T2 for a long time. I hope they do a T-1000.

Any line that offers Sarah, T-800 and T-1000 from T2, I will always feel is incomplete without Furlong Connor, I still feel like Sideshow's line is unfinished, I hope HT will at least do him and between both lines I'll have a complete lineup. I even wish that NECA would do one if they expand their line enough. Connor is a core character in the Terminator franchise and he was the target in T2, to me it's silly to have a line of figures from the film and not include him.

dude ive been wanting a furlong since sideshow was releasing this line. he is the main focus in the film. he's a must! Plus I really want to see HT do a kids body!

They don't even need to do one persay, just produce the design for Sideshow's Hobbit body, especially since Sideshow's not jumping to use the design :monkey2 I still remember how hard it was to find the Kenner Connor back in 92-93, pretty rare, I still have mine. I had hopes when Sideshow showed off the Hobbit body, they'd go back to T2 to finish that line at least with John (though I'd still wish for BD T-800) and they didn't. Once HT hinted at going back, I've put my hopes on them now.

if they do use the hobbit bodies they should definitely look into a more sturdy plastic. both sam and frodo seem to get into face plant contests on a regular basis on my shelf.

For Furlong Connor, they could just use the Slim TT torso and develop smaller appendages,with sculpted forearms of course.

but that would look odd since the slim's torso is more a teenage guy's proportion.... furlong would come out looking dwarf like.

Nah, you can't use the slim, with smaller arms and legs the body would look out of proportion, you need something in proportion, the Hobbit body is perfect height for him.

t2-p.jpg

but that would look odd since the slim's torso is more a teenage guy's proportion.... furlong would come out looking dwarf like.

Nah, not with clothes over it, i think it would look decent.Or hell just develop a new body.I would feel a bit jipped if Hot Toys used the Hobbit body.

Nah, you can't use the slim, with smaller arms and legs the body would look out of proportion, you need something in proportion, the Hobbit body is perfect height for him.

t2-p.jpg

Looking at that pic, yea lol!..no chance with the slim.

Looking at that pic, yea lol!..no chance with the slim.

Not to do it right, plus, on something Hobbit body sized, it'd help sell Arnie's size better. On the other hand, I think it would be right to put T-1000 on the slim, more for build than height, Robert Patrick looked pretty tiny in the role.

Not to do it right, plus, on something Hobbit body sized, it'd help sell Arnie's size better. On the other hand, I think it would be right to put T-1000 on the slim, more for build than height, Robert Patrick looked pretty tiny in the role.

Absolutely! and his shirt and pants must be tailored to fit a bit tight.

agreed slim body should be used more... ive only seen ht use it on MJ figures so far.

as far as t-x over t-1000.... I want em both. I'm sure HT will aqquire T-3 licenese if they haven't already now that they are pretty much done with predator figures I think they will release everything they can with Terminator.

I wouldn't buy anything from T3. I only put my money towards worthy things. I would never buy a TX endo.

I would buy a T3 T-850 if the sculpt was all new and not a slight tweak from the T2 figure.

Absolutely! and his shirt and pants must be tailored to fit a bit tight.

After seeing the cop costume with DX Joker, I have no doubts of that, but the key is a thin fabric white t-shirt underneath. Sideshow's uniform fits pretty good once you take the t-shirt off, it was too thick to leave on and have him look right, but you do see the shirt so it's less accurrate. I'm sure they'll do it though.

As for T3, I'm not interested in a clean figure from HT, but if they did his final BD stage as a figure, I'd jump on that, I loved what they did having the freedom of CGI to really tear him up, but still love what Winston was able to achieve in T1 and T2. Winston really had to get creative in the first films to achieve things. CGI really opens up what can be done, but I have more respect for the ingenuity it takes to pull it off with real materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back