Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ap_20091220125158573.jpg

That broad chest really has me thinking this is the Dutch body, it looks very similar. Even that new True Type with the leg muscle attachments doesn't have a chest that beefy.

I'm thinking $150, if they pack all that in that new Stark for that price. If its $200 it better be a DX with 3 heads. But really, for what will likely be the best version of him in this scale and any close scale with the exception of the 1:1 from Sideshow, it won't stop me. Gotta have an Arnold in the collection and the only one I'd want more is T1.

They should do him like the BD Mark 3 actually, One Muscle body with a light up neck and modified arm, 2 t-shirts, 3 heads.

And then the minigun and duffle bag etc, and maybe the rosebox w/ the shotgun for accessories.

I hear ya and I'd prefer that, but look how much Michael's going for. If they're releasing the T800 in that format, he'll come with considerably more accessories. Hence my guesstimate of $200+.

If its coming with shotgun, minigun, grenade launcher,shotgun, 2 heads, 2 jackets, 200$ wouldn't be totally out of line.

If its coming with shotgun, minigun, grenade launcher,shotgun, 2 heads, 2 jackets, 200$ wouldn't be totally out of line.

Thriller Michael's what, $180 and he comes with a few sets of hands, two heads and 2 jackets?

Here, we're talking about a few sets of hands (gloved, bare, gloved/battle damaged), two jackets, two heads, an extra arm, glasses AND weapons... I'm beginning to think it's a matter of how can Arnie not be above that price? If the means justify the cost, that's fine, but WOW, comparing Arnie to the Predators and RoboCop 3 I own, he'll be the most expensive 1:6 figure I've purchased at retail.

Those MJ figs are higher priced than normal though. I'm thinking it'll be $159.99 unless it comes with that minigun, which I could do easily without if it keeps the price down.

My price prediction for this figure is $169.99 USD with mini gun.

Thriller Michael's what, $180 and he comes with a few sets of hands, two heads and 2 jackets?

Here, we're talking about a few sets of hands (gloved, bare, gloved/battle damaged), two jackets, two heads, an extra arm, glasses AND weapons... I'm beginning to think it's a matter of how can Arnie not be above that price? If the means justify the cost, that's fine, but WOW, comparing Arnie to the Predators and RoboCop 3 I own, he'll be the most expensive 1:6 figure I've purchased at retail.

Don't forget the muscle body, they seem to charge more for them.

That broad chest really has me thinking this is the Dutch body, it looks very similar. Even that new True Type with the leg muscle attachments doesn't have a chest that beefy.

I would assume the Dutch Body (that is Arnold afterall) with the new X-Mas Truetype thigh attachments. They are seperate pieces, so it should be a problem at all to have them attached to the Dutch legs. But it also seems that he has swapable arms (left at least) so it could just be a new body all together.

I'm hoping it's going to be a new body or at least the dutch body with different, swappable, poseable plastic arms.

You guys are going to pay far out the ass BECAUSE this is the T2 Arnold.

And Hot Toys knows most of you will fork out the money for it, no matter what.

Don't think they're not above charging more based on what they think collectors will pay.

I just heard that the T-800 is going to be like the M.J. figure.
In that it'll come with a BD head and jacket also. (I assume to resemble the Cyberdyne version.

... since MJ has a unique body as well.
It's not unique, MJ's body is an AA Slim TT. I agree with you that the price is going to be high, regardless if it costs a low $160. There going to have to bring out a new TT to make use of the extra clothes and headsculpt. The regular TT's go for $40, so this broad chested Wolverine body will be at least $50 bringing the total to over $200 no matter how cheap anyone's estimate is.

My guess is $199.99 - $209.99 (Toys2.net prices) Anything less would be a huge bonus. Regardless of price I will get 2. 2010 looks to be the year of the action figure. :D

I like Devil's prediction...

I haven't read the last few pages... but is there still a possibility that this will be a DX?

is there still a possibility that this will be a DX?

It's possible, but I was under the assumption that the DX series was for redone/updated figures from HT that they already released. At least that's how it sounded when HT first described the DX series in their newsletter.

Like for instance:

MMS DX 01 = The Joker
MMS DX 02 = TDK Batman

And according to HT:

MMS DX 03 was supposed to = the Battle Damaged Iron Man Mark III

HT ultimately decided against it though. The thing all three of those figures have in common is they were all previously released (BD Iron Man is just a newer incarnation of the Mark III). And the other speculated DX releases were also previously released figures (Rocky and Rambo).

So I don't think this figure will have the DX label. But who knows.

***On a side note while skimming through the HT site I thought this was pretty funny how they described the light up eyes for their Battle Damaged T-800:

Gimmick:
~ Light up red eyes

:lol:lol:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back