Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

You guys are being cruel, kinda mean. :lol

The positive remarks do seem exaggerated/phony though, especially when handling those wonky looking figures or almost snapping those chintzy plastic arms to access the cockpit. But hell, if a company sent me something valued at $800 for free (or whatever the deal is) to review for advertising/shilling, I don't know if I could criticize or knock it even if it was a piece of overpriced crap. Could you? Look at it from that dude's perspective. If Sideshow or Hot Toys sent me some expensive, big ticket item, I'd be weary of crapping on it. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. He's there to sell it to potential customers. If I want honesty, I watch someone like Clipperking or
Raphael cejaman who will delve into pros and cons and tell you if something is crap or not.

More times or not, if they have a sponsor, they're not going to bad mouth anything.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

You guys are being cruel, kinda mean. :lol

The positive remarks do seem exaggerated/phony though, especially when handling those wonky looking figures or almost snapping those chintzy plastic arms to access the cockpit. But hell, if a company sent me something valued at $800 for free (or whatever the deal is) to review for advertising/shilling, I don't know if I could criticize or knock it even if it was a piece of overpriced crap. Could you? Look at it from that dude's perspective. If Sideshow or Hot Toys sent me some expensive, big ticket item, I'd be weary of crapping on it. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. He's there to sell it to potential customers. If I want honesty, I watch someone like Clipperking or
Raphael cejaman who will delve into pros and cons and tell you if something is crap or not.

More times or not, if they have a sponsor, they're not going to bad mouth anything.

That's all fine and dandy man, I don't think anyone here is naive enough not to realize that.

I'd praise everything SSC sends me for free too, no question. But the fact is that he sometimes defends his stance like there's no tomorrow (again, justified to a point) and it is just silly. That is why I'll never watch his reviews.

Truth is it's subpar and figures are poor. I'd grab it for $400, nothing more. There's the problem- price for what you get

Truth is it's subpar and figures are poor. I'd grab it for $400, nothing more. There's the problem- price for what you get

I was just re-reading the 1/6th scale Bat thread on friday, and it's amazing the amount of people who were hoping for the 1/6 Bat to be sub-$800.
And with that thought, they reckoned a 1/12 Bat would be close to $300.

It's exactly the same now in the Star Wars section with regards to the TIE Fighter and the Cockpit. People are in for a nasty surprise...

It's exactly the same now in the Star Wars section with regards to the TIE Fighter and the Cockpit. People are in for a nasty surprise...

How you mean? The cockpit will prob be in the 700 to 900 dollar range. I really dont see the tie fighter happening. Its too massive and the price would be prob close to $2000. But thats just my opinion

He gives the viewer lots and lots of closeups.

Thanks for posting this. I'm totally stoked to pick this beast up on a discount someday. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but this is one of my favorite movie vehicles of all time. Love Nathan Crowley's designs and the HT Tumbler was what got me collecting 1/6.

It looks lacking and cheap in the video- in person I'm sure it isn't much better. As I said $400 I'd consider it but not what they want now.

I'm honestly surprised at how poor the figures are. The painting on the faces is pretty exceptional for 1:12 but beyond that the sculpting is soft, the engineering is poor and the articulation is severely lacking.

They'd have done better to strike deal with Medicos to include the Mafex Batman and Catwoman figures in this set.

They really needed to keep the weathering.

The camo tumbler looks better than the standard black because of its excellent paint job and weathering.

This is just black plastic like the tumbler.

How you mean? The cockpit will prob be in the 700 to 900 dollar range. I really dont see the tie fighter happening. Its too massive and the price would be prob close to $2000. But thats just my opinion

The thing will be the size of a waste paper bin and uber detailed. I agree with your price tag assessment, though I would perhaps say $800-$1000. But there are some people in that thread saying that it will be priced at $500 :slap

Alright. Got my Bat, and put it all together last night. First off, I bought the deluxe version with both figures. Don't waste your money on the deluxe. The figures stink and are staying in the box. Just get the regular version if you're interested.

The Bat, on the other hand, is a masterpiece! I was so worried after reading all these horrible reviews, but in hand, it is amazing! I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and discovered that the Bat is PAINTED!!! It is not just black plastic like the Tumbler (which I own), but completely painted like the camo Tumbler (which I also own). I'll upload some pictures in a bit, but all outside panels were painted.

The parts that don't show (like the inner facing parts of all the bottom flaps) are NOT painted; only the side that is viewable is painted. So it's pretty obvious. The paint is a matte finish with weathering to make it look like the Bat is made out of metal. It's hard to describe, so I'll upload some pics for you.

Good to hear about the quality of the vehicle. :clap Bad to hear about the quality of the figures. :slap HT at the very least needed to make a topnotch Batman figure. The legs seem long and out-of-proportion, at least in video reviews I've seen.

Looking forward to your pics. :duff

Here's a picture of the underside while I was installing all the blades. Let me tell you, that was a pain in the butt, but I can understand why they chose to do it this way. Less chance of breakage. I had to use really bright lights in order to get the weathering and paint apps to appear on camera. Don't worry, under normal conditions, it is all black, not grey. The paint effect is so good that when I picked up the first blade, at first I thought it was made out of metal.

Attachments

• IMAG4212.jpg
    IMAG4212.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 307

Here's a front shot of it. It's sitting on top of my dryer at the moment, since I have nowhere to put this beast. I am a fan of studio scale replicas, and this is just the right size to fit in with those. I only wish they had included a more high end base (something like eFx or Master Replicas). The base as is is just a hunk of obvious plastic.

Attachments

• IMAG4213.jpg
    IMAG4213.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 307

I left the figures out, because they bring down the whole thing.

And here's another highly lit close up of the right just over the cockpit so you can see the paint apps a lit more clearly.

Attachments

• IMAG4214.jpg
    IMAG4214.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 302

I wonder why they had such a problem with these smaller figures compared to their 1/6th scales.

Maybe these figures were originally 1:6 then just scaled down to 1:12 -- hence the loss of detail. Like the 1:6 Batman faceplates of the Bat Armory set, which were scaled down from the 1:4 faceplates of the QS001.

Back