Hot Toys Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Prisoner Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys brought it upon themselves. Nobody told them to announce and tease a lot of those characters.

It took years of asking for people to finally get their Arkham Joker. The 4 year wait for that was ridiculous, especially when they said he was done before Arkham Batman which somehow came out before Joker two years earlier. :lol Look, nobody told Hot Toys to tease him that early. Same goes with them announcing a 1/6 and 1/4 Batman Returns line or Howard saying that Penguin would be shown with Batman in December of 2012. How about Shaw and the Engineer from Prometheus? Nobody told them to put up a "Coming Soon" teaser and BTS pics of Shaw for "upcoming 2013 releases". How about their Terminator line? They teased an all new 1/6 Stan Winston Endoskeleton and 1/4 Arnold back in 2011 and never made good on it. I could go on and on.

People wouldn't ask about or anticipate anything else if Hot Toys never opened their mouths or showed a prototype at a con or show. Nobody would be asking them about a particular character or vehicle if Sideshow and Hot Toys didn't put up a "COMING SOON" advertisement on their social media pages and websites. You can't blame people for obnoxiously asking "where is _____" when there is no other way to communicate with Hot Toys. It's been YEARS since they did QnA's.

Don't hype up what you can't make good on. Don't buy up licenses that you have no intention of fulfilling.

So yeah, when something they've never previously announced or teased (like this lame Harley Quinn, or a third Deathtrooper or a 40th Iron Man or a porcelain Stormtrooper) pops up, I don't blame people for asking "where is fill in the blank". Especially when nobody demanded or asked for said variant. As far as DC goes, they still have silver jacket Leto, rebreather Batman, the two Joker thugs, Romero Joker, the TDKR armory vault, Returns Penguin, something QS Returns, "Mob Civillian" Joker and the '66 Batmobile to make good on.

They'll never really finish the Suicide Squad either. They're notorious for dropping a line before finishing it, even if they're one figure away (Platoon). Suicide Squad fans can kiss ever having this on their shelves,

View attachment 317638

Goodbye.

Instead of getting a nice Croc or Boomerang or Katana, a unique character that could spice up the Hot Toys formula, you'll get another bubblegum looking Leto or Harley.

Imagine how annoying it would be for someone anticipating silver suit Leto only to get a random SWAT version and never hear or see anything about the silver jacket version again as it falls under their huge list of unknowns. That's what a lot of people are feeling because this has been going on for the past 6 years.
Yep, what he said.

pass, i was hoping for another version. i wonder how soon it will be until people make a knock off of this sculpt and slap on the hair from the other version.

Technically they haven't even finished BVS. WW isn't yet released. Love or hate him Lex was still one of the main villains of the movie and no sign of his figure. Clark, Bruce, Alfred, Lois won't get made either. Not saying I want them to do any of those figures after WW, just being pedantic. :lol

Complete or not they'll have soon given us lots of figures from these two movies. It's unforgivable however they've still not made a Returns Catwoman or Penguin. Some who bought the returns Batman wouldn't have done so had they known the line would just get dropped. Same story with the 66 figures, Romero Joker, batmobile etc.

They could still make lots of figures for the new movies while showing a little consideration for loyal customers waiting years on half complete lines. One less Letoker and I doubt fans would have been up in arms that they had a mere four figures from his cameo to choose from. We could have had a Pfeiffer Catwoman or Romero Joker in its place.

jeeze they are just toys. relax!!! all that anger over toys, omg. i love collecting just as much as anyone but man i just cannot act like that over them. if they dont make something, whatever. saves me $$ or i buy something else they do make. they dont owe us anything and no one is entitled to them. this stuff is not easy to make, cant just hit a button and poof there made. its a long process, expensive, and a lot of people involved to make just 1 figure happen.

if u need to rage like that, man thats just a shame. i personally cannot go crazy over it like some of you. i enjoy what they make immensely and i have fun with what i collect, but ill never be pissed off when a certain toy gets delayed or never made. just not worth it to me. too many other real life things that are far more important to stress about than to get upset about a toy.

Hot Toys brought it upon themselves. Nobody told them to announce and tease a lot of those characters.

It took years of asking for people to finally get their Arkham Joker. The 4 year wait for that was ridiculous, especially when they said he was done before Arkham Batman which somehow came out before Joker two years earlier. :lol Look, nobody told Hot Toys to tease him that early. Same goes with them announcing a 1/6 and 1/4 Batman Returns line or Howard saying that Penguin would be shown with Batman in December of 2012. How about Shaw and the Engineer from Prometheus? Nobody told them to put up a "Coming Soon" teaser and BTS pics of Shaw for "upcoming 2013 releases". How about their Terminator line? They teased an all new 1/6 Stan Winston Endoskeleton and 1/4 Arnold back in 2011 and never made good on it. I could go on and on.

People wouldn't ask about or anticipate anything else if Hot Toys never opened their mouths or showed a prototype at a con or show. Nobody would be asking them about a particular character or vehicle if Sideshow and Hot Toys didn't put up a "COMING SOON" advertisement on their social media pages and websites. You can't blame people for obnoxiously asking "where is _____" when there is no other way to communicate with Hot Toys. It's been YEARS since they did QnA's.

Don't hype up what you can't make good on. Don't buy up licenses that you have no intention of fulfilling.

So yeah, when something they've never previously announced or teased (like this lame Harley Quinn, or a third Deathtrooper or a 40th Iron Man or a porcelain Stormtrooper) pops up, I don't blame people for asking "where is fill in the blank". Especially when nobody demanded or asked for said variant. As far as DC goes, they still have silver jacket Leto, rebreather Batman, the two Joker thugs, Romero Joker, the TDKR armory vault, Returns Penguin, something QS Returns, "Mob Civillian" Joker and the '66 Batmobile to make good on.

They'll never really finish the Suicide Squad either. They're notorious for dropping a line before finishing it, even if they're one figure away (Platoon). Suicide Squad fans can kiss ever having this on their shelves,

View attachment 317638

Goodbye.

Instead of getting a nice Croc or Boomerang or Katana, a unique character that could spice up the Hot Toys formula, you'll get another bubblegum looking Leto or Harley.

Imagine how annoying it would be for someone anticipating silver suit Leto only to get a random SWAT version and never hear or see anything about the silver jacket version again as it falls under their huge list of unknowns. That's what a lot of people are feeling because this has been going on for the past 6 years.

mic-drop.gif

I think they are losing money on the SS line....and they are producing as much as possible to make a few bucks back....after all......how much could these cost to make versus the cost of licensing?

Theres like 5 bucks of plastic in them.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeeze they are just toys. relax!!! all that anger over toys, omg. i love collecting just as much as anyone but man i just cannot act like that over them. if they dont make something, whatever. saves me $$ or i buy something else they do make. they dont owe us anything and no one is entitled to them. this stuff is not easy to make, cant just hit a button and poof there made. its a long process, expensive, and a lot of people involved to make just 1 figure happen.

if u need to rage like that, man thats just a shame. i personally cannot go crazy over it like some of you. i enjoy what they make immensely and i have fun with what i collect, but ill never be pissed off when a certain toy gets delayed or never made. just not worth it to me. too many other real life things that are far more important to stress about than to get upset about a toy.

I'm not even angry. :lol

Just stating the facts and explaining why collectors are feeling the way they do when people here belittle or mock them. And yeah, you said it, making toys is a long process! So surely you realize that a lot of these things that were shown and announced years ago that STILL haven't been released, existed long before the likes of Suicide Squad. 2011? 2012? Suicide Squad the film wasn't even written down on a piece of paper, it wasn't even an I dea. Age of Ultron and Civil War didn't exist, and Hot Toys didn't have the Star Wars license to themselves. These figures that dropped off the radar though? They were shown and/or in development. That's how far back some of these things go that people have been anticipating for years. So seeing a generic Stormtrooper or Prison Barbie Quinn blows. It's not hard to understand why people question it when you get a lame variant that nobody asked for.

Not going crazy over it, just telling it like it is. It's a bummer for a lot of people that want to collect something and enjoyed some of Hot Toys' past lines. Every year I get less and less of them, I see other people saying the same thing. They used to do random niche things like a Godfather figure or Inglorious Bastards or Mars Attack and now they don't even do that. You can be sure we'll be up to our eyeballs in *insert modern comic book/Star Wars movie sequel here* though. It's just a shame.

Last edited:

Agreed. As frusturating as the business end of things can be, at the end of the day, its plastic covered in rubber and cloth that no one is forcing me to buy.
I dont get why some crap is made over other stuff too, but a little perspective helps.

This looks like it could be a cool figure for those that want it. I certainly don't but it would be nice to have a more neutral Sculpt to go with my main Harley.

The sculpt seems off in the preorder pics. Maybe too wide to look like her but the Facebook pics look better. The more I look at it the more it looks like the character but at first glance it did not wow me. I like a Sculpt to wow me. Hopefully this improves for everyone's sake.

I'm not even angry. :lol

Just stating the facts and explaining why collectors are feeling the way they do. You got to remember that when a lot of these things were shown and announced, things like Suicide Squad didn't even exist yet. 2012 Suicide Squad wasn't even written down on a piece of paper, Age of Ultron and Civil War didn't exist, and Hot Toys didn't have the Star Wars license to themselves. That's how far back some of these things go that people have been anticipating for years.

Not going crazy over it, just telling it like it is. It's a bummer for a lot of people that want to collect something and enjoyed some of Hot Toys' past lines. Every year I get less and less of them.

i tend to buy more and more because of Star Wars. i got rid of all Marvel stuff and just concentrate on SW and some DC. TDK is over so i got all those and my main focus is SW. am i bummed they didnt make Poe, sure, but i dont rage about it and want to tear them down for it. it is what it is. it would be nice to have but eh i move on.

plus you and others have read their interviews and they talk about licensing is not easy and production can be very difficult. thats why others cant do what they do. the volume they put out is greater than anyone else and artistically superior especially considering the volume.

Romero could be ready to go but the liscenor holds it up. they have talked about it many times. and thats business between them they need to handle thats all part if the difficult and long process. some are just easier to get done than others.

plus you and others have read their interviews and they talk about licensing is not easy and production can be very difficult. thats why others cant do what they do. the volume they put out is greater than anyone else and artistically superior especially considering the volume.

Romero could be ready to go but the liscenor holds it up. they have talked about it many times. and thats business between them they need to handle thats all part if the difficult and long process. some are just easier to get done than others.

Yeah, for some licenses I'm sure that's the case. We'll never know which ones though because they don't disclose that stuff. They don't tell anyone anything anymore.

But that still doesn't change the fact that Hot Toys shows things that they either have no intention of putting out or something that takes an obscene amount of time to finally get into the hands of collectors. I highly doubt WB and DC sat on Hot Toys and said "you HAVE to show Romero Joker at your personal Hot Toys Batman show, but don't release him yet!!!" That's ridiculous, especially when other companies don't seem to be having the same problem.

If anything, Hot Toys takes on too many properties that they can't properly give time and effort to which would explain half assed releases from the older classic properties. If their obligations and interest is in the modern blockbuster, then they shouldn't glom up on things they can't handle. It's clear they run a pretty good business off of variant upon variant of only a handful of figures. They could survive on endless rotations of Iron Man, Darth Vader, Batman, and troopers till the end of time.

They're taking the piss with the Ripley figure, really and truly. They announced her roundabout the same time NECA announced theirs and NECA have put out 5-6 Ripleys with the Resurrection version yet to come - all in that same timeframe - not to mention a whole bunch of other human characters with likenesses attached.
Licensing and approvals? **** that. They just don't care. Alien fans are crew expendable.

:goodpost: :exactly:

I agree. I love these things and I really enjoy what i have. Are there figures i wish they would make? sure (Stormtrooper Han to go with my Luke would be great) but i'm not going to complain that they made something when i wish they made something i want. If HT closed up shop tomorrow i would not lose any sleep over not getting the figures i have on PO, maybe a little bummed but these are far from the most important things in my life. I also don't even get slightly annoyed at delays, a week or a year things happen and it will arrive when it arrives.

Anyway i am happy for whoever is picking this up and knowing HT this will look great when it ships.

Anyway i am happy for whoever is picking this up and knowing HT this will look great when it ships.

No you're not. You want your Stormtrooper Han, not this prison Harley. Why would you be happy for someone getting their $220 dolly fix when you could be getting what you want instead? You say "I'm happy for you" to a friend that's getting married or having a baby or an ex that found someone else, not for some that's getting a lame toy. :lol

knowing HT this will look great when it ships.

Don't underestimate them. This could be The Wolverine again. A simple figure with simple clothes that ended up being a huge downgrade from the prototype. Sometimes things just go bad.

This thread...

gallery-1470142780-suicide-squad-harley-quinn-margot-robbie-1.gif

I want that version.

Last edited:
Back