1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

We?re engaging in a game of semantics now.

?... the feeling that we could all potentially be a Force user.? Like I said, we don?t live in the SW universe.

That anyone in the SW universe could potentially be a Force user? That was already established before TLJ.

Again you are extremely pedantic. You say ?we don?t live in a SW universe?... really!!!? Are you seriously writing that sentence?
You said what I was writing was stupid... but hey!?

We?re engaging in a game of semantics now.

?... the feeling that we could all potentially be a Force user.? Like I said, we don?t live in the SW universe.

That anyone in the SW universe could potentially be a Force user? That was already established before TLJ.

If someone thinks we all could potentially possess a make believe mystical power, then yeah, that?s pretty ridiculous. Just like you subjectively think it?s stupid to disagree with someone over something that?s make believe.

Nobody is personally attacking slikkerias by saying that was he said was stupid. Challenging one?s assertion isn?t attacking them personally.

And if you claim you?re exclusively here to talk about figures, don?t engage in tangential discourse and posit your opinion, the summarily say ?ok back to the figures,? as a way to shut down the aforementioned discussion that you took part in.

Dr. Erskine isn?t going to select you for his super soldier experiment any time soon with that attitude.

I don't think it's stupid to disagree with someone over something make believe, I said it's stupid to insult them for it.
And I mentioned that we should go back to figures because I'm sure people that want to talk about them are tired of this stuff.

Why does it matter what he feels from a movie? Why do you feel the need to insult his feeling that? I do not think he literally means he thought he could use the force lol. I think it's fine if you want to disagree and say that "I think that message was there prior to TLJ", but you can do that without insulting him for feeling a certain way or for thinking a message was present in a movie.

We’re engaging in a game of semantics now.

“... the feeling that we could all potentially be a Force user.” Like I said, we don’t live in the SW universe.

Semantics is not a game. It's how we reach an agreement about something. Sometimes one wrong word can lead to huge misunderstanding.

Just saying that you might want to consider that you did him wrong.

Cheers :duff

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Again you are extremely pedantic. You say ?we don?t live in a SW universe?... really!!!? Are you seriously writing that sentence?
You said what I was writing was stupid... but hey!?

Yes, we don’t live in the SW universe, because it’s make believe. I am seriously writing that sentence, because you seem to seriously think we all may possess a mystical make believe power within us.

Semantics is not a game. It's how we reach an agreement about something. Sometimes one wrong word can lead to huge misunderstanding.

Just saying that you might want to consider that you did him wrong.

Cheers :duff

When we start twisting the meaning of words or terms in order to fit our narrative, then yes, it is a game. “We all” has an objective meaning.

Cheers. :duff

Yes, we don?t live in the SW universe, because it?s make believe. I am seriously writing that sentence, because you seem to seriously think we all may possess a mystical make believe power within us.

When we start twisting the meaning of words or terms in order to fit our narrative, then yes, it is a game. ?We all? has an objective meaning.

Cheers. :duff

Ok, you can believe that if it makes you think you won ?the game?. See, I will let you believe implausible stuff if it makes you happy.

When we start twisting the meaning of words or terms in order to fit our narrative, then yes, it is a game. “We all” has an objective meaning.

Yes. If. But in my opinion no one was twisting anything here. His post was really obvious for me (and not only me it seems).

Anyway, he explained what he meant several times now. He didn't mean what you understood.

Yes. If. But in my opinion no one was twisting anything here. His post was really obvious for me (and not only me it seems).

Anyway, he explained what he meant several times now. He didn't mean what you understood.

There’s only two options here:

1. “We all” refers to me, you, and everyone else. The objective meaning of it.
2. “We all” somehow means “anyone in the SW universe,” which in that case I’m not sure why one would use “we.”

If option one, it’s ridiculous to think that we all could potentially possess a make believe power from a make believe universe. If option two, anyone in the SW universe potentially possessing Force abilities has already been established long before TLJ, so it’s still ridiculous to say that TLJ is the film that established this.

You?re the one that said it, not me.

I meant (seems I need to explain every obvious sentence to you twice) that you can believe that I meant what I said literally. That I believe I can be a force user because TLJ told me so. So now you can be a happy little camper who won his little ?game?.
(...I can?t believe you?re not a troll!? Or maybe you?re just a very good one [emoji848])

I meant (seems I need to explain every obvious sentence to you twice) that you can believe that I meant what I said literally. That I believe I can be a force user because TLJ told me so. So now you can be a happy little camper who won his little ?game?.
(...I can?t believe you?re not a troll!? Or maybe you?re just a very good one [emoji848])

But you did literally say “I think what TLJ really added to SW is the feeling that we could all potentially be a force user. Just like the accidents usually leading to someone becoming a superhero in the Marvel Universe could potentially happen to anyone and therefor is relatable.” :dunno

Again, you’re the one saying this stuff, not me. I’m simply repeating and going off of what you said. Feel free to elucidate what you meant if you like if what you literally said isn’t what you meant.

Like I said, personally attacking and lashing out at me for simply responding to something you literally said, probably won’t impress Dr. Erskine.

So now you?re saying that you didn?t literally say that what TLJ established and taught you was that we all could potentially be Force users? :dunno

Again, you?re the one saying this stuff, not me. I?m simply repeating and going off of what you said.

Wow... boy am I glad I don?t have to spend time with you at a dinner table.
And btw, thanks for changing the word ?stupid? with ?ridiculous? in the edit of your prior message.

Wow... boy am I glad I don?t have to spend time with you at a dinner table.
And btw, thanks for changing the word ?stupid? with ?ridiculous? in the edit of your prior message.

Yeah. After all, I might start using my potential inner Force powers and start telepathically moving silverware with my eyes closed.

What you said was indeed stupid though.

Yeah. After all, I might start using my inner Force powers and start telepathically moving silverware with my eyes closed.

What you said was indeed stupid though.

Auch, that really hurt [emoji57]

There’s only two options here:

1. “We all” refers to me, you, and everyone else. The objective meaning of it.
2. “We all” somehow means “anyone in the SW universe,” which in that case I’m not sure why one would use “we.”

If option one, it’s ridiculous to think that we all could potentially possess a make believe power from a make believe universe. If option two, anyone in the SW universe potentially possessing Force abilities has already been established long before TLJ, so it’s still ridiculous to say that TLJ is the film that established this.

I'm not so into Star Wars like some here. So if you say that this idea was already estabished in a comic book, novel or a TV show long before TLJ, I believe you.

Yes, the objective meaning of "we all" is clear. But in that context? Was it really that misleading for you?

I don't think it's stupid to disagree with someone over something make believe, I said it's stupid to insult them for it.
And I mentioned that we should go back to figures because I'm sure people that want to talk about them are tired of this stuff.

Why does it matter what he feels from a movie? Why do you feel the need to insult his feeling that? I do not think he literally means he thought he could use the force lol. I think it's fine if you want to disagree and say that "I think that message was there prior to TLJ", but you can do that without insulting him for feeling a certain way or for thinking a message was present in a movie.

Nobody is insulting him personally though. Challenging one’s opinion or pointing out how something said was a stupid thing to say is now insulting their feelings? Seriously? Are we that fragile now? I sometimes say stupid things as well, as we all do. It doesn’t cripple my feelings to where I lash out emotionally.

He was invited to clarify how what he literally said wasn’t what he meant, but chose not to and instead chose to actually do what you’re accusing me of doing to him.

Okay, so if you believe that people are “tired of this stuff,” then why are you contributing to it? Don’t contribute to it, then summarily turn around and claim that you want to talk about something else as a way to avoid anyone responding to you, as I said.

I'm not so into Star Wars like some here. So if you say that this idea was already estabished in a comic book, novel or a TV show long before TLJ, I believe you.

Yes, the objective meaning of "we all" is clear. But in that context? Was it really that misleading for you?

Film, actually. Since several other individuals and creatures in SW other than Skywalkers had Force abilities.

Again, the fact that he went on to state that the ways all the MCU superheroes gained their super powers is also relatable, bolstered that sentiment.

Nobody is insulting him personally though. Challenging one?s opinion or pointing out how something said was a stupid thing to say is now insulting their feelings? Seriously? Are we that fragile now? I sometimes say stupid things as well, as we all do. It doesn?t cripple my feelings to where I lash out emotionally.

He was invited to clarify how what he literally said wasn?t what he meant, but chose not to and instead chose to actually do what you?re accusing me of doing to him.

Okay, so if you believe that people are ?tired of this stuff,? then why are you contributing to it? Don?t contribute to it, then summarily turn around and claim that you want to talk about something else as a way to avoid anyone responding to you, as I said.

I?m sorry, I thought what I wrote would be understood correctly by everyone. But I didn?t consider you and I apologize for that. And I apologize for not feeling invited to a proper discussion by your kind words.
From now on I will make sure that even you get the meaning of what I write - I can?t have you thinking my words are stupid.

I?m sorry, I thought what I wrote would be understood correctly by everyone. But I didn?t consider you and I apologize for that. And I apologize for not feeling invited to a proper discussion by your kind words.
From now on I will make sure that even you get the meaning of what I write - I can?t have you thinking my words are stupid.

“We all” has an objective meaning.

So as I mentioned, there’s only two options: 1) you meant “we all” as in you, me and everyone else (what it literally means), or 2) you meant “we all” as in everyone in the SW universe (which in that case I’m not sure what meaning “we” would have) and that TLJ was the first film to establish that anyone in SW can possess Force abilities. So you’re invited to elucidate if you like.

Either way, either one was a ridiculous assertion though.

Well, I didn't understand his post that way, and with all due respect, I was surprised you did.

And like slikkerias said, you stood up defending someone who actually started the fight...

It?s no use arguing with this one. He?s trying to wear you down with semantics. And he avoids the central point that he?s defending bad behavior.

It?s no use arguing with this one. He?s trying to wear you down with semantics. And he avoids the central point that he?s defending bad behavior.

Yeah, it’s no use when they don’t allow you to move the goal posts and play inane euphemism games.

Refer to the last paragraph in post #135 and then post #138 where what is said in #135 is confirmed.

Ugh, please tell me every ST figure thread isn't going to be like this the rest of the year.

Every ST figure thread has been like this for the past few years, lol.

I was kinda looking forward to this figure, and definitely hoping for Hot Toys to get the likeness right this time but no dice. At least the head can be swapped out for the TFA version but those arms don?t really work for a lightsaber wielding character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back