1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

I think what TLJ really added to SW is the feeling that we could all potentially be a force user. Just like the accidents usually leading to someone becoming a superhero in the Marvel Universe could potentially happen to anyone and therefor is relatable.

?No offense?!? HAHAHAH!!! [emoji1787]

Yes, I asked you if your mom had allowed you to use the internet again, but I was just worried that you might be in for a grounding.
But now it seems to me she isn?t really keeping watch, so by all means, go on.

So let me get this straight: You genuinely believe it’s relatable that some mad scientist out there is one lab accident away from becoming the Hulk, that the government could potentially be developing super soldier serum and a vita-ray chamber and that you could potentially be selected for it, or that you could potentially possess the Force within you.....and you’re poking fun at him by insinuating that he’s the one with no life who lives in his mother’s basement?

ColossalReliableFishingcat-size_restricted.gif

So let me get this straight: You genuinely believe it’s relatable that some mad scientist out there is one lab accident away from becoming the Hulk, that the government could potentially be developing super soldier serum and a vita-ray chamber and that you could potentially be selected for it, or that you could potentially possess the Force within you.....and you’re poking fun at him by insinuating that he’s the one with no life who lives in his mother’s basement?

*eating popcorn .gif*

Doesn't everyone on this forum live in their mother's basement?

*eating popcorn .gif*

Doesn't everyone on this forum live in their mother's basement?

I don’t know, I don’t personally know anyone on here. But it’s humorous when people on a toy forum accuse others of it; especially if that person just got done saying that they think they could potentially possess a make believe mystical power.

Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

...Pretty sure you are more intelligent than thinking I meant that literal.
...and pretty incredible that you stand up for a person who constantly call me and others stupid or moron for liking something he doesn?t. But what could I expect [emoji2368]

I think what TLJ really added to SW is the feeling that we could all potentially be a force user. Just like the accidents usually leading to someone becoming a superhero in the Marvel Universe could potentially happen to anyone and therefor is relatable.

I am pretty sure that this is the message TLJ was trying to deliver. Especially the last scene with the little boy.

I am also pretty sure that no one in this forum believes that Star Wars is real @SilverStar17 :wink1:

I am pretty sure that this is the message TLJ was trying to deliver. Especially the last scene with the little boy.

I am also pretty sure that no one in this forum believes that Star Wars is real @SilverStar17 :wink1:

Broom kid exists in a make believe universe. We don’t. Hence, us all potentially possessing make believe mystical abilities is not relatable. :wink1:

Broom kid exists in a make believe universe. We don’t. Hence, us all potentially possessing make believe mystical abilities is not relatable. :wink1:

Well, I didn't understand his post that way, and with all due respect, I was surprised you did.

And like slikkerias said, you stood up defending someone who actually started the fight...

Well, I didn't understand his post that way, and with all due respect, I was surprised you did.

And like slikkerias said, you stood up defending someone who actually started the fight...

He stated that what he gleaned from TLJ was him feeling that we all could potentially be a Force user, which was followed by him then adding that all the ways that the MCU superheroes became superheroes could happen to anyone, and that’s why it’s relatable.

If he’s talking about possessing and relating to the virtues and feelings that some of these characters do, then I would agree that’s relatable. But that’s not what he said. I do not watch SW and walk away feeling like I could potentially possess a make believe mystical power deep within me, nor did I feel like Dr. Erskine might grab me tomorrow to be injected with super serum and be doused with vita-rays when I walked out of the theater after seeing The First Avenger. Or that a mad scientist somewhere out there is one lab accident away from becoming the Hulk.

I don’t know the history between those two posters, or what fights they had. However, going as far as a couple of pages back, I didn’t see where he actually called slikkerias stupid. He simply said that what slikkerias said was stupid, which I would agree that it’s pretty ridiculous.

Dont exhausting yourself trying to be a tough guy, paricularly here, in this toy forum.

First of all, if these criticisms are too much for your fragile ego to handle, their is always a "block function". Second of all, silkeras guy dragged "mom" into the previous argument, and now your turn to turn in question about my "education level" ? Are you guys for real ?

Dont flatter yourself assuming you're superior than others just simply because your "ST ideology" constantly being mocked.

If you're intereted in what I do for a living, or my education background. Feel free to shoot me a private message anytime.

Where in my comment did I say anything about "ST ideology" or anything lmao. Literally my entire comment is just calling you a hypocrite, which you are. If you wanna give people crap for liking what they like, go ahead and be a jerk about it. But then don't complain when people do the same to you for disliking it. Ideally, everyone just let's everyone like or dislike whatever they want and shuts up about it. Both parties are guilty of it. I don't care personally if someone likes or dislikes any made-up media lol.

I'm just pointing out how hilarious it is that you're completely oblivious to the fact that you don't practice what you preach. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Your comments on this forum have been less about the media itself, and more about insulting anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion.
I've yet to see anything related to the ST where you haven't insulted someone for just liking it (hell, you literally insulted someone for posting a picture of a Stormtrooper figure from the ST), or going on rants filled with spite and sexism. And no, I'm not talking about disliking female characters or anything like that. I'm talking about your posts where you've ranted about how women shouldn't be involved in making Star Wars, about how Kathleen Kennedy is bad at everything and it somehow ties to her gender, etc. I think many of us could agree that we could not care less if you don't like the sequels or whatever, but maybe what pisses people off about some of your comments is that your reasoning usually contains hateful rhetoric about actual people and genders, not the stories or characters. I do not think that Kathleen Kennedy is the best creative leader for Star Wars, but it has nothing to do with her gender. I am able to recognize her talents as a business-woman and producer, and still dislike some of the creative choices she has made. I feel the same way about Alan Horn. But again, none of my grievances with people in these companies are rooted in their gender, race, etc.

The only person pretending to be tough on here is you. You are a bully to others. There are plenty of things I dislike in Star Wars and other popular media, but the difference between you and the majority of adults is that most people let others like or hate whatever they want and move on with their day. It seems like you are so angry about these made up movies that you need to feel vindicated by insulting actual people who have different opinions.

And to anyone that is giving people like slikkeri crap for saying he thought a movie gave a certain message or something, and to those calling him childish or whatever - you are on a forum for toys. We are all grown ass people spending $200+ on dolls from made up stories targeted at primarily at children (Star Wars, Marvel, etc). That doesn't mean these things are just for kids, but part of why we all love the media and figures that we do is because it perhaps reminds us of something we loved as a child, and have continued to love as an adult. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and in fact I think that people like us that have hobbies are more fortunate to be passionate about something than those who are not.

If someone is actually being a jerk, yeah the deserve to be called out. If someone is just saying they dislike or like media, or they observed x about a story (which is art meant to be subjective, hate it or love it), then let them have their opinion. If you love *insert movie here*, good for you. Don't treat people that hated it as stupid for hating it. If you hate *insert movie here*, good for you. Don't treat people that loved it as stupid for loving it.

Arguments will start no matter what when people start attacking each other. But I think it's really stupid to attach each other over liking or hating something subjective and made up. Just don't be a jerk. If you want to keep being malicious to people, then stop complaining when they call you out for it.

Last edited:
He stated that the message taught in TLJ was the feeling that we all could potentially be a Force user, which was followed by him then adding that all the ways that the MCU superheroes became superheroes could happen to anyone, and that’s why it’s relatable.

If he’s talking about possessing and relating to the virtues and feelings that some of these characters do, then I would agree. But that’s not what he said. I do not watch SW and walk away feeling like I could potentially possess a make believe mystical power deep within me, nor did I feel like Dr. Erskine might grab me tomorrow to be injected with super serum and be doused with vita-rays when I walked out of the theater after seeing The First Avenger. Or that a mad scientist somewhere out there is one lab accident away from becoming the Hulk.

I don’t know the history between those two posters, or what fights they had. However, going as far as a couple of pages back, I didn’t see where he actually called slikkerias stupid. He simply said that what slikkerias said was stupid, which I would agree that it’s pretty asinine.

The idea that someone here might think that he can actually use the force someday is so far away from reality that I'd never assume that he meant himself by the word "we". It's literally and figuratively. "All the nobodies in the Star Wars universe".
It's like if they say "you don't have to be a Skywalker". They don't mean you SilverStar by the word "you".

Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

He stated that the message taught in TLJ was the feeling that we all could potentially be a Force user, which was followed by him then adding that all the ways that the MCU superheroes became superheroes could happen to anyone, and that?s why it?s relatable.

If he?s talking about possessing and relating to the virtues and feelings that some of these characters do, then I would agree. But that?s not what he said. I do not watch SW and walk away feeling like I could potentially possess a make believe mystical power deep within me, nor did I feel like Dr. Erskine might grab me tomorrow to be injected with super serum and be doused with vita-rays when I walked out of the theater after seeing The First Avenger. Or that a mad scientist somewhere out there is one lab accident away from becoming the Hulk.

I don?t know the history between those two posters, or what fights they had. However, going as far as a couple of pages back, I didn?t see where he actually called slikkerias stupid. He simply said that what slikkerias said was stupid, which I would agree that it?s pretty asinine.

And here I thought you were joking, or rather trolling... you might just be pedantic, probably, pedantic and bored, but really!? You think anyone in this world who?s able to write a sentence would think they potentially could be a force user - unless you?re 10 years old? And if you?re 10 years old you?re allowed to dream and believe you can be anything you want.
And well, he did not call me stupid in this thread (yet), since it?s quite new, but he comments with mockery to nearly everything I post in this forum. Not just my posts, but I believe I?m his favorite.
I don?t mind much since I find it rather funny and pathetic. But what I don?t get is you biting on it....

He stated that what he gleaned from TLJ was him feeling that we all could potentially be a Force user, which was followed by him then adding that all the ways that the MCU superheroes became superheroes could happen to anyone, and that’s why it’s relatable.

If he’s talking about possessing and relating to the virtues and feelings that some of these characters do, then I would agree that’s relatable. But that’s not what he said. I do not watch SW and walk away feeling like I could potentially possess a make believe mystical power deep within me, nor did I feel like Dr. Erskine might grab me tomorrow to be injected with super serum and be doused with vita-rays when I walked out of the theater after seeing The First Avenger. Or that a mad scientist somewhere out there is one lab accident away from becoming the Hulk.

I don’t know the history between those two posters, or what fights they had. However, going as far as a couple of pages back, I didn’t see where he actually called slikkerias stupid. He simply said that what slikkerias said was stupid, which I would agree that it’s pretty ridiculous.

How can an opinion about a subjective piece of media be stupid?
I would say that insulting individuals for having those harmless opinions is ridiculous, rather than the opinion itself.

The only opinions I think are worth starting arguments over are those that actually hurt people (insults, hate, racism, sexism). Those should be called out.

But back to the toys that I'm sure we'd all rather talk about. It's extremely eye-roll inducing to come into a doll thread and just see people whining to each other lol (I'm aware I'm contributing to this by adding input).

I hope they revisit the sculpt, and that the clothes end up looking better on the production figure. It looked better at secret base than the pre-order pics. So we'll see. If they improve the clothes enough I'll probably pick it up and decide what to do about the sculpt. Hopefully it all improves, though. I'm surprised they've had so much trouble with the likeness, especially since IMO TFA has been the closest sculpt.

The idea that someone here might think that he can actually use the force someday is so far from reality that I'd never assume that he meant himself by the word "we". It's literally and figuratively. "All the nobodies in the Star Wars universe".
It's like if they say "you don't have to be a Skywalker". They don't mean you SilverStar by the word "you".

We’re engaging in a game of semantics now.

“... the feeling that we could all potentially be a Force user.” Like I said, we don’t live in the SW universe.

That anyone in the SW universe could potentially be a Force user? That was already established before TLJ.

How can an opinion about a subjective piece of media be stupid?
I would say that insulting individuals for having those harmless opinions is ridiculous, rather than the opinion itself.

The only opinions I think are worth starting arguments over are those that actually hurt people (insults, hate, racism, sexism). Those should be called out.

But back to the toys that I'm sure we'd all rather talk about. It's extremely eye-roll inducing to come into a doll thread and just see people whining to each other lol (I'm aware I'm contributing to this by adding input).

I hope they revisit the sculpt, and that the clothes end up looking better on the production figure. It looked better at secret base than the pre-order pics. So we'll see. If they improve the clothes enough I'll probably pick it up and decide what to do about the sculpt. Hopefully it all improves, though. I'm surprised they've had so much trouble with the likeness, especially since IMO TFA has been the closest sculpt.

If someone thinks we all could potentially possess a make believe mystical power they saw in a make believe film, then yeah, that’s pretty ridiculous. Just like you subjectively think it’s stupid to disagree with someone over something that’s make believe.

Nobody is personally attacking slikkerias by simply saying that was he said was stupid. Challenging one’s assertion isn’t attacking them personally.

And if you claim you’re exclusively here to talk about figures, don’t engage in tangential discourse and posit your opinion, then summarily say “ok back to the figures,” as a way to shut down any responses to the aforementioned tangential discussion that you willingly took part in.

And here I thought you were joking, or rather trolling... you might just be pedantic, probably, pedantic and bored, but really!? You think anyone in this world who?s able to write a sentence would think they potentially could be a force user - unless you?re 10 years old? And if you?re 10 years old you?re allowed to dream and believe you can be anything you want.
And well, he did not call me stupid in this thread (yet), since it?s quite new, but he comments with mockery to nearly everything I post in this forum. Not just my posts, but I believe I?m his favorite.
I don?t mind much since I find it rather funny and pathetic. But what I don?t get is you biting on it....

Dr. Erskine isn’t going to select you for his super soldier experiment any time soon with that attitude.

Back