1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, the staff was already shorter before she made her lightsaber, I guess.
Second, she used the end section of the staff to make the saber, however the cut-out portion is from the straight section of the staff. Anyway, I think she made it shorter in between two movies.

1ed8889ab0a60180b7733be7c66fcb73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice photo! Sold on the Kylo but they do look good together...

They've definitely beefed up Kylo - rightly so.

It’s been said in YouTube reviews that the ROS Kylo has now been equipped with the infamous dreaded HT fatsuit :slap

Her staff is shorter

Yes, but they say that when you modify the payment, you pushed to the back of the row. So, I prefer to stick with the plan.

I?m not sure I buy that still. I had my Mando/child on payment plan and paid it off entirely early and I got mine from SSC delivered on February 19 (not to mention I changed my payment method probably 5 times lol). I know people who ordered before me without a payment plan and Just recently got theirs. And I usually do a payment plan (and typically always pay it off early) and I don?t see to wait too long almost always getting my items first batch.

Anyway, I got really sold on this figure lately. I had ZERO intentions of buying Kylo or Rey. Once Kylo hit the wild, I was completely impressed by how they tweaked the sculpt. Rey, a little less, I still like JT Rey a bit more I think (although that may change in hand), but HT really got me with the extra accessories. I?m not ashamed to admit that those additions really swayed me.
Still don?t like the arms either, but I?ll do my best to keep them from cracking and getting damaged.

I?m not sure I buy that still. I had my Mando/child on payment plan and paid it off entirely early and I got mine from SSC delivered on February 19 (not to mention I changed my payment method probably 5 times lol). I know people who ordered before me without a payment plan and Just recently got theirs. And I usually do a payment plan (and typically always pay it off early) and I don?t see to wait too long almost always getting my items first batch.

Anyway, I got really sold on this figure lately. I had ZERO intentions of buying Kylo or Rey. Once Kylo hit the wild, I was completely impressed by how they tweaked the sculpt. Rey, a little less, I still like JT Rey a bit more I think (although that may change in hand), but HT really got me with the extra accessories. I?m not ashamed to admit that those additions really swayed me.
Still don?t like the arms either, but I?ll do my best to keep them from cracking and getting damaged.

I approached it the same way. I really thought just by the pics I saw beforehand, it was an improvement sure but nothing to get my attention with, but I loved the accessories and that was my focus , but then I saw the YouTube reviews and thought I think it’s starting to look better in hand so I started to believe in hand is the dealbreaker for me.

When you first take it out of the box and the naked eye sees the sculpt and the expression HT did with her . Believe it not that’s where the sculpt says to you this is Daisy as Rey just like Wasp and BW but sadly on both Gadot WW I didn’t get that in hand :lecture

Then in an ironic twist..the extra accessories became second nature surprisingly

And as a fan of TFA I was not a fan of the expression that was used and now comparing it side by side with this ROS ..no question TFA got it all wrong ..now TFA seems worse than an action figure ..it looks like a cheap knockoff toy to this Rey, the proportions just seem way off , eventhough I’m 98% sure the same body aside from the seamless arms were used but then again maybe not , which is probably why the TFA looks so weird now :horror

Now I never got TLJ version but from what I saw and read about it ..aside from the sculpt and outfit ..there wasn’t much difference to TFA version , so maybe TLJ could be just as uniquely as this ROS version in hand. :dunno

To sum it up, this ROS version is the Rey to own ..in hand , I feel this is how HT TFA version should’ve turned out

TBH , for those who despise her character will still be impressed with this version alone as a figure, so I think she’s going to be what collectors are referring to as Grail HT pieces and she might sell out once SSC starts getting the orders out to customers and the demand rises above any HT Rey :lecture

I hope we'll talk similarly when HT fixes Padme sculpt.
BTW, I too had no interest on this. But YT reviews were so good now I am wondering if I should keep TFA one or discard it after I buy this.

BTW, I too had no interest on this. But YT reviews were so good now I am wondering if I should keep TFA one or discard it after I buy this.

I actually have an extra FA Rey that I used to mod the sculpt into a more Jakku dirty version..but nowI’m thinking of getting another ROS HS and just using this FA Rey’s attire along with a shorter neck piece and make a brand new FA Rey instead to compliment this unique ROS version.

Yeah it really makes your mind start to wonder when you see it in person

So it’s up to you ..but frankly other than the attire..I kind of don’t want to display my FA Rey anymore or display it without the stock hs :horror

Just don’t buy into it thinking it’s a 12” miniature Daisy Ridley ..it’s not..but as a 12” version of Daisy playing Rey in TROS..yeah pretty damn close in hand .

Perhaps maybe a lot people saw TLJ version that way..but I just didn’t see it and if I don’t have it ..I’m fine with it because I’m not paying the ridiculous mark up that version is going for since it was a version of Rey I wasn’t into in the first place. Especially when she was in one all too short lightsaber scene wearing that gear :slap

Thanks again Rian Johnson :pfft:

I will add this..if there is one glaring exception to this ROS edition..is swap D-O for another BB-8 , especially since I don’t have a HT BB-8

I can’t wait to see the BD bloody , dirty ROS Rey customs that people will start to do because it’s going to impress collectors that much with this figure that I’m certain many will attempt this idea once they see her in hand.

Last edited:
I have to say that Jedha's video has made the sculpt look the best I've seen. The ears are still off, and it seems a little short and wide, but it's surprisingly good compared to a lot of what we've seen. I'm eager to see the layman photos roll in when this ships.

I have to say that Jedha's video has made the sculpt look the best I've seen. The ears are still off, and it seems a little short and wide, but it's surprisingly good compared to a lot of what we've seen. I'm eager to see the layman photos roll in when this ships.

In person..the ears aren’t that distracting , even the nose but the photos, even the videos exaggerate the look too much.

That?s IF they ever release Padme. I think they?ll be doing figures based off mando and clone wars for the foreseeable future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Hot toys..
if you do a rerelease of Bespin Luke-you should insert the yellow blade for all us old school Kenner fans,as well as include his blue blade 😉

After JP mentioned the new quarterstaff is shorter than the TFA one, I googled photos and yes, that was also the case in the movies. Does anyone know why Rey shortened it?

Most likely for creative or practical reasons, such as it being easier to carry around if it was shorter. Originally though, JJ said she was working on her own lightsaber throughout the film, but all this got cut out. Not sure if they actually filmed that. If so, it would explain the shorter saber, but it would not explain why the section she turns into her saber is still there in the film.

Most likely for creative or practical reasons, such as it being easier to carry around if it was shorter. Originally though, JJ said she was working on her own lightsaber throughout the film, but all this got cut out. Not sure if they actually filmed that. If so, it would explain the shorter saber, but it would not explain why the section she turns into her saber is still there in the film.

I think her staff could be taken apart if she wanted to work on individual pieces. I think since she had to abruptly stop working on it she simply just put her staff back together with the intention of finishing it when she got back. I read somewhere that she originally intended for her saber to be double-bladed but changed her mind after her fight with her dark side self.

Has anyone modded the neck peg of the TFA version to fit the TRoS headsculpt better? Was curious to see how it looked, and which shorter neck peg fits.

Back