1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT might be judging the Mando + Blurrg to see if its worth putting up Kuiil + Blurrg.

They don't want to get stuck making 1,500 blurrgs if they can only sell 300.

True better to wait. Come to think of it, it'd be a pretty empty box with just little Kuiil in it.

Not something they normally do.
Rocket Raccoon comes to mind. Full size box despite being a much smaller figure, and Kuill won't be nearly as small.

174CB05E-D02E-4582-B9C4-36387D941097.jpeg

HT might be judging the Mando + Blurrg to see if its worth putting up Kuiil + Blurrg.

Kuiil is the Blurrg seller though. Most people who want Mando V1 already have him. And not many want a standalone Blurrg. If this is HT logic, it's flawed.

Kuiil/Blurrg 2-pack makes way more sense as a SKU than the Mando one they just released.

I'd agree.

Kuiil is the Blurrg seller though. Most people who want Mando V1 already have him. And not many want a standalone Blurrg. If this is HT logic, it's flawed.

Not sure it matters when all are sold separately as well.

It's by preorder man. They get orders for 300 (ok plus Sideshow extras, spares for quality issues etc) they make 300+ "x".

That's why Mud Trooper and some others become extremely rare and pricey for those that missed out because they didn't get many pre-orders and therefore didn't make many to those preorder numbers.

It's by preorder man. They get orders for 300 (ok plus Sideshow extras, spares for quality issues etc) they make 300+ "x".

Well I would imagine there's a minimum to even bother. They won't make 30 blurrgs.

My point was, they take the risk on Mando... but if there is a 2nd figure option, perhaps they watch the initial to get an idea of interest. They need to see how people respond to a $315 blurrg or a blurrg buddy pack at $555. If the numbers aren't there, perhaps we will never see the possible Kuiil/Blurrg two-pack.

Rocket Raccoon comes to mind. Full size box despite being a much smaller figure, and Kuill won't be nearly as small.

OK, but he has some accessories. I guess Kuiil could have some tools. The only other one which did come to mind was Force Awakens R2. I think it was essentially him in the box. But the deluxe R2 they went crazy with every arm he's ever had.

They could have put in the S2 pram with him, as well as the wrapped up baby Yoda he has with him when the speeder bikes catch up to him. But seems they've parted that out into it's own set now. Strange.

Perhaps that gives more logic towards him coming with a Blurrg ??

I'd agree.

Not sure it matters when all are sold separately as well.

Getter Dragon is correct. And what matters is that Kuiil gets put up for preorder period, be it single pack or Blurrg two pack. I don't care if it's either or both.

There are people putting down non-refundable deposits today for a standalone Blurrg under the impression that Kuill is coming soon and can also sit on the thing, so I just don't see them then revealing that Kuill is only available bundled with a Blurrg.

OK, but he has some accessories. I guess Kuiil could have some tools. The only other one which did come to mind was Force Awakens R2. I think it was essentially him in the box. But the deluxe R2 they went crazy with every arm he's ever had.

They could have put in the S2 pram with him, as well as the wrapped up baby Yoda he has with him when the speeder bikes catch up to him. But seems they've parted that out into it's own set now. Strange.

Perhaps that gives more logic towards him coming with a Blurrg ??
Yeah I'm sure they can come up with a few things for him. And honestly I wouldn't be shocked to see them repurpose that new swaddled Grogu with him what with they way they re-use Grogu in so many other sets.

Kuiil could come with tools, Razor Crest panel, and the gun I'm my sig. HT could also include that Grogu wrapped in blanket, but I'm not sure they want to potentially torpedo that Grogu set. When they put Kuiil up for preorder I'll have to order that too, well played HT.

So it seems the jury is out. Wait a bit and see what is shown/announced tomorrow and the rest of the week.

They said Thursday would be open questions. Am sure someone will ask if Kuiil will come with a Blurrg.

At least I know how to spell them both now !

The proto looks pretty complete and ready to go. I think the goggles should be a bit darker shade of red, and I would like to see his backpack.

I had talked myself out of the solo blurg, but if they do the Kuill blurg two-pack, that might be too much for me to resist since I already have OG Mando thanks to Monte. Two display options for the blurg sounds tasty...

Yeah, there will be a set for sure but they can do a single nick w gadgets and/or that tall rack thing he used to i think reprogram ig11...

As some have said and i agree, they really messed up the rollout of the beast. If uoure gonna get a beast you want nick on him not mando.

Back