1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That wasn't the intent of his visit to Ben Solo's hut at all.
Yeah OK.......
205d4ffe0307252e6890409f6e83b1e8.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

So you didn't actually watch the movie? Those screenshots don't depict what really happened in the hut.

He entered his nephew's tent while he was asleep and lit his lightsaber while hovering above him. It's the damn Star Wars equivalent of pointing a loaded gun at someone. And this is the son of his sister Leia and his best friend Han.

I'm sorry Luke Skywalker would not be in that tent entertaining something like that.

He entered the tent to get an uninterrupted mind read on the darkness that he sensed in his nephew while training him. What he was blown away by was visions of his other pupils being murdered and trillions of innocent people being wiped out. In ROTJ his father threatened one person which threw Luke into a prolonged murderous rage. In TLJ he saw trillions threatened and instinctively turned on his lightsaber for a split second but then regained his composure. I'd say he handled himself quite well, especially in comparison to his more youthful self.

I would really love to see the sales figures of this vs Hermit Luke. Are they still even making that version ? I mean it's a cool outfit etc. But it would be interesting to gauge the popularity or non-popularity of both these renditions of Luke.

On the other hand, the fact they are even making a Force Projecction figure says enough in itself.

I'm considering whether I really need two Lukes. I've got hermit Luke on pre-order, and am considering this one as well. If I do decide to only go with one, it will be hermit Luke. But TLJ is my favourite of any films released since the OT, and I loved the direction they took Luke.

I can totally see why folk might go with Crait Luke as their Jedi Master Luke though, particularly if they didn't like TLJ (but still support it by buying merchandise ;) ).

I see you edited your post. Either way you are really splitting hairs. He lit the saber above his nephew. I know this isn't The People's Court but judge Wapner certainly would have found TLJ Luke guilty of attempted murder....

And also of falsely impersonating OT Luke.

I see you edited your post. Either way you are really splitting hairs.

No, I simply understood the context of the scene. By your logic I could use ESB or ROTJ as examples of Luke Skywalker being an unheroic "attempted father killer." But context is everything and based on your choice of screenshots above it totally eluded you in the case of TLJ.

Had a $50 voucher I had to use and it was a toss up between a second Royal Guard and this. Since I really like this Luke figure I decided on this. Now to year long wait with the occasional flex payment to break the monotony.

Also, can we get this ->:horse<- redone with lightsabres?

Had a $50 voucher I had to use and it was a toss up between a second Royal Guard and this. Since I really like this Luke figure I decided on this. Now to year long wait with the occasional flex payment to break the monotony.

Feel free to PM if you ever need to get rid of a $50 voucher.:monkey3

Also, can we get this ->:horse<- redone with lightsabres?

:lol

Here you go.

mR2EWDc.gif

No, I simply understood the context of the scene. By your logic I could use ESB or ROTJ as examples of Luke Skywalker being an unheroic "attempted father killer." But context is everything and based on your choice of screenshots above it totally eluded you in the case of TLJ.

The film shows two different points of view of the same incident, Luke's perspective and Kylo's perspective. In either case even if you choose to believe it was a temporary impulse TLJ Luke did in fact light his saber on his NEPHEW(context being everything, I'll reiterate this is the son of Leia and Han) while he slept based on the potential of a VISION, not an actual committed act. Doesn't seem like something Luke Skywalker would do to me.

He entered the tent to get an uninterrupted mind read on the darkness that he sensed in his nephew while training him. What he was blown away by was visions of his other pupils being murdered and trillions of innocent people being wiped out. In ROTJ his father threatened one person which threw Luke into a prolonged murderous rage. In TLJ he saw trillions threatened and instinctively turned on his lightsaber for a split second but then regained his composure. I'd say he handled himself quite well, especially in comparison to his more youthful self.

Don't waste your time arguing with dense people. It's a waste of time, energy and thought.

Without wanting to start a debate here, I still cannot fathom how anyone could think they could take a character as beloved and established in Popculture lore, and do that to them. It's just unbelievable. Take any other character and do your "forget the past" or "it's not going to work out the way you think" methodology and use it on someone else. But not Luke. That is suicide IMO.

That's either some massive kahunas right there or pure stupidity, however I fear the latter.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Rian’s next film is a commercial flop and he is forced to ramp up his political advocacy to maintain his “in” status in Hollywood. He’s a hack and a **** for what he did in this film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread really cannot seem to stay on topic eh? On a completely unrelated method I pre-ordered this. Really fond of how it looks.

Feel free to PM if you ever need to get rid of a $50 voucher.:monkey3

:lol

Here you go.

mR2EWDc.gif

Ha ha thanks. Unfortunately the $50 was made up of two international coupons linked to my account. But should I get one I can't use that can be gifted, you'll be top of the list.

This thread is a perfect example of what Rian’s intentions were with this film. He wanted people to love and hate it. We can’t even agree if it was a decent film or not besides all the politics. It has truly divided the fandom in two. Both sides can not see the other sides points of view.

I think Ryan won this round. He is laughing all the way to the bank and doesn’t give a **** about Star Wars or the fans. If we keep fighting amongst ourselves the terrorist wins.

Let’s just agree to disagree and talk about the figure eh?

The film shows two different points of view of the same incident, Luke's perspective and Kylo's perspective.

No it shows three perspectives, Luke's original telling, Kylo's telling, and Luke's revised retelling which is presented as the truth.

In either case even if you choose to believe it was a temporary impulse TLJ Luke did in fact light his saber on his NEPHEW(context being everything, I'll reiterate this is the son of Leia and Han) while he slept based on the potential of a VISION, not an actual committed act. Doesn't seem like something Luke Skywalker would do to me.

Context that you repeatedly ignore in order to justify posting erroneous memes. You're free to do so of course but your posts come across more as "TLJ Derangement Syndrome" than as presenting a valid critique of the film. I could just as easily play your game by saying that Obi-Wan did in fact light his saber on his BEST FRIEND that he TREATED LIKE A SON who had YET TO DO ANYTHING WRONG in ROTS when he instinctively lit his saber after Anakin surprised him by jumping into the elevator on Grievous' ship. Obviously that would be just as silly as what you're stating about TLJ Luke since I too would be ignoring the most important context of Obi-Wan's actions.

I get that TLJ was a mixed bag, and there were definitely things that I wish had been done differently with Luke (comedic saber toss for one) but I don't think that that's any excuse to willfully ignore the story as it actually presented.

No it shows three perspectives, Luke's original telling, Kylo's telling, and Luke's revised retelling which is presented as the truth.

Context that you repeatedly ignore in order to justify posting erroneous memes. You're free to do so of course but your posts come across more as "TLJ Derangement Syndrome" than as presenting a valid critique of the film. I could just as easily play your game by saying that Obi-Wan did in fact light his saber on his BEST FRIEND that he TREATED LIKE A SON who had YET TO DO ANYTHING WRONG in ROTS when he instinctively lit his saber after Anakin surprised him by jumping into the elevator on Grievous' ship. Obviously that would be just as silly as what you're stating about TLJ Luke since I too would be ignoring the most important context of Obi-Wan's actions.

I get that TLJ was a mixed bag, and there were definitely things that I wish had been done differently with Luke (comedic saber toss for one) but I don't think that that's any excuse to willfully ignore the story as it actually presented.
Ignore, misread your comment.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'll concede that I'm sure you have me on the three perspectives thing, I haven't seen the movie since the weekend it came out. I did see it twice, the second time with family. I'm not intentionally ignoring anything but simply going off of memory because I likely won't ever watch that movie again. Still even if it was just for a moment Luke did consider killing his nephew who was at that point an innocent so the meme is not exactly erroneous. The example you cited from ROTS is not really a similar situation as Obi never considered harming Anakin until after Anakin actually had murdered people.

Back