1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look so great together!

44787571_10155836271422344_6316201144838258688_n.jpg

They do indeed.

Better than say.....Endor Luke and Endor Leia together? :lol

A bit disappointed with the Crait base for Leia. I get it, but just think the standard TLJ base would have been a better fit.

Might wait to see if Hot Toys do something for her for Episode IX. Don't know how likely that is though. There is talk of digitally altered costumes for the footage to be used.

A bit disappointed with the Crait base for Leia. I get it, but just think the standard TLJ base would have been a better fit.

Might wait to see if Hot Toys do something for her for Episode IX. Don't know how likely that is though. There is talk of digitally altered costumes for the footage to be used.

I would have been horrified if TLJ was mentioned. I was happy to pass on this until I saw how good the production piece was.

Even though the ST is terrible imo, they are still my OT heroes. The greatest characters ever created, so having them is worth while.
I just need them as detached as possible from the Disney EU and create my own 'what if' scenario.

I think even Hot Toys have played it safe.
Leia and the Falcon on the base, as it should be.

I would have been horrified if TLJ was mentioned. I was happy to pass on this until I saw how good the production piece was.

Even though the ST is terrible imo, they are still my OT heroes. The greatest characters ever created, so having them is worth while.
I just need them as detached as possible from the Disney EU and create my own 'what if' scenario.

I think even Hot Toys have played it safe.
Leia and the Falcon on the base, as it should be.

I would really love to see the sales figures of this vs Hermit Luke. Are they still even making that version ? I mean it's a cool outfit etc. But it would be interesting to gauge the popularity or non-popularity of both these renditions of Luke.

On the other hand, the fact they are even making a Force Projecction figure says enough in itself.

I would really love to see the sales figures of this vs Hermit Luke. Are they still even making that version ? I mean it's a cool outfit etc. But it would be interesting to gauge the popularity or non-popularity of both these renditions of Luke.

On the other hand, the fact they are even making a Force Projecction figure says enough in itself.

I wonder too how hermit Luke has sold.
Although a very commendable figure, I hated it as a representation of Luke Skywalker.

Belonged in LOTR not Star Wars.

The Crait version is much more of how he should have looked (and not just some pathetic projection).

Giving him the ROTJ lightsaber will make it feel more worthwhile too.

I knew I couldn't be alone in thinking this......:duff

Him throwing the sabre away ruled the first outfit out. Plus it was a bit generic for me.

The Hermit look is dreadful.

His projection look is what I expected from an aged Luke. I can happily add this to my shelf as an EU version with the ROTJ lightsaber, and disregard the silly force projection of TLJ.

Him throwing the sabre away ruled the first outfit out. Plus it was a bit generic for me.

The Hermit look is dreadful.

His projection look is what I expected from an aged Luke. I can happily add this to my shelf as an EU version with the ROTJ lightsaber, and disregard the silly force projection of TLJ.

Without wanting to start a debate here, I still cannot fathom how anyone could think they could take a character as beloved and established in Popculture lore, and do that to them. It's just unbelievable. Take any other character and do your "forget the past" or "it's not going to work out the way you think" methodology and use it on someone else. But not Luke. That is suicide IMO.

That's either some massive kahunas right there or pure stupidity, however I fear the latter.

Without wanting to start a debate here, I still cannot fathom how anyone could think they could take a character as beloved and established in Popculture lore, and do that to them. It's just unbelievable. Take any other character and do your "forget the past" or "it's not going to work out the way you think" methodology and use it on someone else. But not Luke. That is suicide IMO.

That's either some massive kahunas right there or pure stupidity, however I fear the latter.

To be fair, Luke's story has always been the standard heroes journey, and his role in the ST continues that.

heros_journey4_8462.jpg

There's a reason that the "old/mentor" character in almost everything is either secluded or refuses to help, then ends up helping, and usually ends up dying to save the hero. I can see people not enjoying the way TFA/TLJ went, but I'm surprised so many people didn't see that version of Luke coming. From the moment it was announced they were making VII, I was pretty sure Luke was going to die in the first movie Obi-Wan style. And especially after TFA where Han says he blamed himself for what happened with Ben and ran away from it all, I wasn't exactly expecting Luke to be very happy go lucky lol.

Star Wars (both Obi-Wan and Luke), The Matrix (Neo), Tron/Tron Legacy (Jeff Bridges), LOTR (Biblo and to an extent Frodo), Logan (Logan lol), Star Trek, Highlander (Sean Connery), and many more are all examples of the heroes journey.

Well, discussion of the figure lasted for about a page and a half.

5f4847a1ba6f7f0268b47310bf49db73.jpg

...of TLJ/ST handling of Luke Skywalker debate.

7c748fce2459e3c13cdf649897a58ec8.jpg
5ea299251f6a9f0b119a7395eb31556f.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

To be fair, Luke's story has always been the standard heroes journey, and his role in the ST continues that.

View attachment 431679

There's a reason that the "old/mentor" character in almost everything is either secluded or refuses to help, then ends up helping, and usually ends up dying to save the hero. I can see people not enjoying the way TFA/TLJ went, but I'm surprised so many people didn't see that version of Luke coming. From the moment it was announced they were making VII, I was pretty sure Luke was going to die in the first movie Obi-Wan style. And especially after TFA where Han says he blamed himself for what happened with Ben and ran away from it all, I wasn't exactly expecting Luke to be very happy go lucky lol.

Star Wars (both Obi-Wan and Luke), The Matrix (Neo), Tron/Tron Legacy (Jeff Bridges), LOTR (Biblo and to an extent Frodo), Logan (Logan lol), Star Trek, Highlander (Sean Connery), and many more are all examples of the heroes journey.

Turning the hero (now older) into a mentor in the context of a beat-for-beat, specific replication of his hero's story told over (with only gender changed) is more Hollywood exec than Joseph Campbell. And not without major repercussions.

Giving Hamill Guinness' costume, beard and locale - and story positioning - obviously prompted the "ohhh, it's the hero's journey again" type comments but what has occurred in the ST is a little more complicated and problematic than that from a storytelling perspective.

7c748fce2459e3c13cdf649897a58ec8.jpg
5ea299251f6a9f0b119a7395eb31556f.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Nephew would be easier to kill than my dad. But that’s just me. Hamill even said what would you do if baby hitler was in front of you and you had a chance to change history? That’s how he put the situation in perspective. Sorry to say but hero’s change. It’s not the same Luke as in OT people can’t get over that. People have different mindsets than they did 30 years ago. Obi didn’t kill Anakin when he had the chance, now he’s urging Luke to do it. Time can easily change mindsets.

Nephew would be easier to kill than my dad. But that’s just me. Hamill even said what would you do if baby hitler was in front of you and you had a chance to change history? That’s how he put the situation in perspective. Sorry to say but hero’s change. It’s not the same Luke as in OT people can’t get over that. People have different mindsets than they did 30 years ago. Obi didn’t kill Anakin when he had the chance, now he’s urging Luke to do it. Time can easily change mindsets.

I'll certainly agree that people can change. Usually not to the extent we saw in TLJ though.

And I'll never agree that TLJ was a reasonable or good depiction/continuation of Luke Skywalker the character or that TLJ was anything but complete trash as a Star Wars film and a total disjointed mess as a film in general.

Kind of a pointless meme considering Luke did end up attacking his father and never attacked his nephew.

Well he did get himself captured with the intention of turning his father back without doing him any harm, it's just that plan wasn't working out for a good while.

In TLJ he did in fact visit his nephew with the intention of killing him in his sleep.

Back