1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll concede that I'm sure you have me on the three perspectives thing, I haven't seen the movie since the weekend it came out. I did see it twice, the second time with family. I'm not intentionally ignoring anything but simply going off of memory because I likely won't ever watch that movie again. Still even if it was just for a moment Luke did consider killing his nephew who was at that point an innocent so the meme is not exactly erroneous. The example you cited from ROTS is not really a similar situation as Obi never considered harming Anakin until after Anakin actually had murdered people.

This Luke figure is excellent. Leia too as was Old Han.

But I too will never watch this film again and that is so disappointing. I will watch 9 when it comes out for home viewing too. I never want to feel how I did after seeing 8 at the cinema.

I'm considering whether I really need two Lukes. I've got hermit Luke on pre-order, and am considering this one as well. If I do decide to only go with one, it will be hermit Luke. But TLJ is my favourite of any films released since the OT, and I loved the direction they took Luke.

I can totally see why folk might go with Crait Luke as their Jedi Master Luke though, particularly if they didn't like TLJ (but still support it by buying merchandise ;) ).

Yeah as much as I love both looks, I'm not sure I really need two old Lukes in my collection, from the same movie. But I'm not sure I could really choose one over the other so will likely continue to get both anyway. :D

This thread is a perfect example of what Rian’s intentions were with this film. He wanted people to love and hate it. We can’t even agree if it was a decent film or not besides all the politics. It has truly divided the fandom in two. Both sides can not see the other sides points of view.

I think Ryan won this round. He is laughing all the way to the bank and doesn’t give a **** about Star Wars or the fans. If we keep fighting amongst ourselves the terrorist wins.

Let’s just agree to disagree and talk about the figure eh?

You may not like decisions that were made or think he was a good choice of a director, but I think it's kinda silly to suggest that Rian doesn't love and care about SW, after devoting more than 3 years of his life to making it. And there are plenty of fans (along with the majority of movie critics) who happen to really love what he did and the direction he took things.

Fair enough. I’m just pointing out the divide and I lay blame solely on his shoulders because he stated as much in interviews that he wanted to make a movie that half the fans would love and the other half would hate. He accomplished his goal.

...(along with the majority of movie critics)...

Even as someone who didn't hate TLJ, I feel like that by itself means nothing.

They think everything Star Wars is the Second Coming of Christ aside from Episode I and the 2008 Clone Wars movie.

Anyway, this figure looks fine to me aside from that hilariously large forehead.

I'll concede that I'm sure you have me on the three perspectives thing, I haven't seen the movie since the weekend it came out. I did see it twice, the second time with family. I'm not intentionally ignoring anything but simply going off of memory because I likely won't ever watch that movie again.

That's fine. If you hated the movie then obviously no one can ever force you to watch it again nor would we want to. But as time goes on I'm sure you realize that you'll become less and less of an authority on what happened on screen and why.

Still even if it was just for a moment Luke did consider killing his nephew who was at that point an innocent so the meme is not exactly erroneous.

Your contention is that Luke looked inside Ben Solo's mind, saw pure innocence, and then murderously over-reacted? I hope you can see how silly that notion is. He saw the darkness and corruption in Ben's heart and what it would lead to. Imagine going to visit your own nephew and you walk into his bedroom, see him sleeping but with pictures and schematics of dirty bombs planted all over the country, including one in his parents' house and the houses of some other children that you are mentoring and THEN somehow you were able to psychically witness in your mind the real life visuals of all the hell and death and torment that would be unleashed. I don't know that I can imagine any hero, fiction or non-fiction, not being tempted to take immediate action with such an assault of unexpected and horrifying information and the fact that Luke only entertained the thought for a split second without even acting on it is enormously to his credit and character, not the other way around.

Sure you can post whatever memes you want and cry foul and "not my Luke" and that his character was ruined until you're blue in the face and be shocked that anyone would like how he was portrayed while I'll sit back and be just as shocked that you can't see how obviously in-character and even heroic his portrayal was. To each his own but at the end of the day Luke didn't carry out any murderous actions at ALL with regard to Kylo Ren, not in his hut and not when he was leader of the First Order and no amount of memes will change that.

The example you cited from ROTS is not really a similar situation as Obi never considered harming Anakin until after Anakin actually had murdered people.

It's exactly the same in that if you describe Obi-Wan's actions while omitting key details of the scene's context you can spin him into being just as much of a villain as you were claiming TLJ Luke to be.

By the way, I don't really care if you like TLJ or not or whether you remember the movie correctly, I simply enjoy the back and forth that these films generate. :duff

Not quite. While the net positive of TLJ is significantly higher than the negative RJ's behavior on social media should 100% disqualify him from ever having any involvement in SW ever again. So in that I agree with the TLJ naysayers.

I also agree that the Canto Bight kids were lame and that Rose Tico is possibly the worst character in the history of the Saga.

I think it’s perfectly fine for each person to have their own opinions. However, I find it kind of silly when someone says something like, “I cannot see Luke acting like that on screen.” Well, yes, you can and you did when you saw the movie. All that stuff actually happened on the screen, and it’s all canon. You may not consider him “Your Luke,” but ultimately, he is actually The Luke.

I think it’s perfectly fine for each person to have their own opinions. However, I find it kind of silly when someone says something like, “I cannot see Luke acting like that on screen.” Well, yes, you can and you did when you saw the movie. All that stuff actually happened on the screen, and it’s all canon. You may not consider him “Your Luke,” but ultimately, he is actually The Luke.
Not even if Mark Hamill even said it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not even if Mark Hamill even said it?

I find it sad, if he really feels that way (I’ve heard conflicting quotes). But it is what it is no matter what Hamill said about it. Whether someone loves it or doesn’t, it’s a completed film and it’s in the final canon.

I find it sad, if he really feels that way (I’ve heard conflicting quotes). But it is what it is no matter what Hamill said about it. Whether someone loves it or doesn’t, it’s a completed film and it’s in the final canon.
I think the main problem is Mark was given Luke's upcoming story by George and then JJ during TFA. And it's obvious it was then changed in TLJ to his disappointment.

It isn't George Lucas's Star Wars so I just view these films in the same way as the countless novels and tales that have been spawned since.

This ST is as much canon to me as Darth Talon and Cade Skywalker are.

These are just Disneys take of 'what if' scenarios.
Just that due to the vast amount of funds spent on the licence they needed to try and make them fit with the OT, but they failed sadly.

Actors don't always fully understand their respective roles or characters, it happens quite often high concept genre films but rarely when a fellow geek like Mark Hamill is playing the part. But I honestly don't think that he ever really understood why Luke was on the island. Possibly because RJ never explained it properly to him, possibly because Mark was still married to unused ideas from George or JJ, who knows. The important thing is that Hamill didn't let his misunderstanding or misgivings prevent him from really selling what RJ wanted him to sell and turn in what is now his greatest performance of the Saga.

His gripes with the character have always been that he never saw Luke as someone who would "give up." But the genius of at least Luke's portion of the story is that the reason RJ actually had Luke remove himself from the fight was because his very presence was putting everyone at risk, or at least so he believed. RJ positioned it so that if Luke fought and destroyed Snoke and Kylo more Dark Side users would instantly "awaken" and take their places. Staying in the fight as far as Luke knew was literally perpetuating the problem so taking himself off the board was the only true way to handicap the rise of the Dark.

Going into hiding wasn't "giving up" on defeating Kylo Ren since it stopped the Dark from rising to meet him and instead paved the way for Light (Rey) to rise and meet the Dark. With Rey victorious, and no Jedi school, no books of knowledge to pass on to anyone else, the cycle could finally end with her and even if someone else did grow in Dark power to balance out with her it would be a much more muted power than that which would have countered Luke himself. A muted power that wouldn't be in jeopardy of throwing the galaxy into chaos again.

That's what Hamill and apparently many fans seemingly couldn't wrap their heads around and therefore bash his character as being a quitter when in the context of the narrative he was anything but.

Now I get it if anyone simply doesn't like the direction of the story. And I get it if they don't like that Luke was dealt a bad hand or feel put off by the amount of tragedy that befell the primary heroes post-ROTJ. But to say that Luke was a coward or a quitter or a villain is to flat out misunderstand how his character was presented. But hey, good company I guess since Hamill himself falls into that category.

In that case shouldn't it just have been presented better and explained more clearly?

Possibly but all I did was reiterate Luke's exposition (and some of Snoke's) from the film so do you think it would have mattered? I think some people just got so upset that certain things didn't play out the way they wanted that they went overboard and ended up criticizing aspects of the film and characters that didn't exist. And if that's the reason for the complaints then no amount of over-explaining would change that.

This thread needs more pics...

All right, here ya go...

1PqMqYg.jpg

:monkey3:lol

Fair enough. I’m just pointing out the divide and I lay blame solely on his shoulders because he stated as much in interviews that he wanted to make a movie that half the fans would love and the other half would hate. He accomplished his goal.
Frommmmm 2004 when asked about Brick not being a "mainstream" movie. But I guess context isn't important here.:rotfl

I wanna be a popular here too so:

rian suxors he ruined my childhood and i cry every night. I usually draft angry letters in GREEN crayon to rian to let him know that luke should've used his GREEN saber instead of blue (wtf was that stupid libtard thinking), but usually my angr tears end up dripping on it when i'm 17 pages deep and i have to start over. Soooo I have yet to get one in the mail BUT JUST YOU WAIT RIAN. my son and i actually have the same bday I turned 40 and he just turned 8. We were going to have a family bday party but he said he wanted to watch TLJ so I disowned him immediately BUT NOT BEFORE I had him sit in the corner and write "jake skywalker" 1000 times in blood which is the amount of times I would rather eat **** than ever watch TLJ ever again in my life. After my wife kicked me out for abandoning our SJW son in the woods, I found my new home in a refrigerator box behind starbucks. The wifi here isn't very good but it's still better than canto bight. I've been researching how Rian through away EVERYTHING JJ Abrams setup so wonderfullyyyy that I NEVER complaind about when TFA came out. Some apologists tried to send me interviews where jj said he and rian had talked and he read rian's script and it was all the same with what they were thinking from dec 2015 but THAT MUST BE FAKE. so I am currently writing JJ abrams a letter using torn out letters from magazines in the starbucks dumpster. i hope it doesnt look too much like a ransom letter. I was going to get upset about mass shootings and stuff but this is much more important. im letting JJ know that if he wants my $$$$$$ he better bring luke back to life and luke has to have at LEAST 27 minutes STRAIGHT (not gay) of him killing peopl with his green saber because that is what is in character for Luke, not stupid the lest jedi. Also dont worry everyone I have mentioned that snoke needs to come back as darth platypus and that there must be a 42 minute flashback explaining HOW he got that way and also where maz got luke's lightsaber WHICH IS RIANS FAULT NOT JJ (lord n savior). if JJ does not do these things he will be a ***kin hack and i will refuse to see his bad movie which at point i will begin to call him jarjar abrams which i have never ever ever called him before especially after TFA came out. also dont worry i've cc'd kelly marie tran and daisy ridley letting them know the only place they should be in star wars is dex's diner making obi-wan his food during his kenobi trilogy which wOULD BE MADE IF KATHLLEENN KENNEDY WOULD GET FIRED and HANDED TO DAVE FILONI who has never done anything live action and rebels has some wacky ass **** BUT i dont care because hes more of a man than KK will ever be. it's beginning to rain so I must end my post and put away my 15k collection of dolls before they get dirty. ps not my luke skywalker #notmyluke2018

Back