1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm one of the people who LOVED TLJ so maybe I'm biased in that regard, but I really don't see the huge issue with his sculpt, the proto looked kind of off in that his features seemed really apart from each other, but I think he looks just fine. That being said, I'm still going to wait for a good deal on his original release as I feel he just doesn't come with enough in the Crait iteration.

I dunno. I see the cheap belt and dark hair being meh, but I don?t think the rest is so atrocious to where fixing them won?t make this a really great figure. Whether you like the new movies or still hold on to EU books as canon, this is a pretty good old Jedi Luke look.

I?m hoping to be able to see new movie and what he will look like there(pretty sure HT will make force ghost Luke) before deciding on which definitive ST look or just mash them all up and make an idealized Luke. So far, I?m really leaning towards this being the one.

Lol, he has many times. As usual you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Cheers bud :) for the record I totally agree with you on the belt too. Something else I’m gonna try to have to fix.

This forum is funny.

Prototype pics released: ?Ohhhhh....instant buy!?
Final product promo pics released: ?Ewwwww! Hot Toys? worst release ever!?
In hand pics uploaded: ?Wow! Looks really good!?

Guys, just wait for more in hand pics and reviews before passing judgement.

For the record I was pretty shocked with the prototypes too and hoping it was a no brainer that sculpt would be fixed. Disappointed to see it wasn?t.

The last time I can recall such a bad plasticy belt... which I not so adoringly will refer to as a "threezero move" by Hot Toys, was with the first Force Awakens Rey figure... lucky they fixed that on her next couple releases but this one might actually take the cake... it's just "why"??

Like you know they can and have done better... I'll never understand decisions like this, I don't even think it would be all that much of a cost cutting measure.

The last time I can recall such a bad plasticy belt... which I not so adoringly will refer to as a "threezero move" by Hot Toys, was with the first Force Awakens Rey figure... lucky they fixed that on her next couple releases but this one might actually take the cake... it's just "why"??

Like you know they can and have done better... I'll never understand decisions like this, I don't even think it would be all that much of a cost cutting measure.

Yeah that?s what confused me about both the TFA Luke and this belt- they could have gone for a more (p)leathery belt and it would make it look so much better. The plastic definitely cheapens the figure.
But that being said I still think this is a cool figure and I?m excited to get it.

This forum is funny.

Prototype pics released: ?Ohhhhh....instant buy!?
Final product promo pics released: ?Ewwwww! Hot Toys? worst release ever!?
In hand pics uploaded: ?Wow! Looks really good!?

Guys, just wait for more in hand pics and reviews before passing judgement.
No, the response to the prototype was pretty much universally that the headsculpt was not adequate, and that is consistent now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The belt shouldn't be that hard to weather, right? I feel like with a little paint to the hair and some repainting of the belt this would be a pretty great looking fig.

Except for the cheap - out belt, I'm liking it. That shot with the Leia figure is phenomenal.

I think that folks might be missing the point on a main aspect of the character's appearance here. He was projecting himself through the force. It makes certain sense that some of the aged haggard look he sports in "real time/life" would be worn away in this vision. Leia sees her equally weary and aged brother, Kylo sees a more intense and sharper version of his former master. The vision is affected by those who see it. That's my "out there " take on it anyway.

I think the figure captures that idea perfectly. Really looking forward to it.

Well he was about 10 years younger or maybe a bit more in the projection so yeah it makes sense he isn?t as old as Leia and Han would be.

Luckily I haven?t gone crazy with Sequel Trilogy figures. I have Han, Finn, and Rey (Resistance Outfit) from TFA and Luke (deluxe), Leia, and Rey from TLJ. I don?t anticipate getting any more unless The Rise of Skywalker really wins me back over.

Yeah people said the same thing after the prequels

Yeah people said the same thing after the prequels

Regardless of what people think of them, the PT and ST brought a fairly consistent flood of OT stuff and for that we should all be really thankful.

Imagine how few OT collectibles would have seen release in the past 20 years if all we had gotten were the special editions in the mid 90s and then no SW.

I don't see the point in being vitriolic to people who enjoy the ST. I really don't.

The belt on this figure looks very hasbro.

This is a close up from the same photo shoot.

72575351_10156567798137344_412906022554828800_o.jpg

The sculpt, which we knew wasn't going to be changed, is still incredibly suspect and reminds me of a 60 year old Leo Dicaprio than Hamil. Still might be the definitive Luke of this saga so I'll keep my tabs on this.

This crossed my mind when I saw the shot above, and then I scrolled down and saw your post. :lol

Belt is terrible but figure looks nice overall. I?m pretty happy with Hobo Luke but have to admit this looks like a close competitor, sculpt not quite as good. They really screwed the pooch with that TFA one, awkward looking in so many ways.

This crossed my mind when I saw the shot above, and then I scrolled down and saw your post. :lol

Belt is terrible but figure looks nice overall. I?m pretty happy with Hobo Luke but have to admit this looks like a close competitor, sculpt not quite as good. They really screwed the pooch with that TFA one, awkward looking in so many ways.

It's something with the jaw/mouth and the hair sculpt I think. If I cover everything but the eyes, it looks like an aged ROTJ Luke. But the mouth and hair look weird. The hair almost seems like, while it's supposed to be blowing I get it, the hairline is too far back or just not right for Hamill? Idk man

I have been contemplating canceling this figure. Do I really need three Luke?s from one movie? The sausage hands and the fake belt really have me rethinking this. Money better spent elsewhere?

I have been contemplating canceling this figure. Do I really need three Luke?s from one movie? The sausage hands and the fake belt really have me rethinking this. Money better spent elsewhere?

I'm gonna wait on seeing how it is in hand. It's not going to sell out right away, almost no SW figs do. If the "holy grail" that was ROTJ Luke is still available way later this will be too haha. I'll wait to see some better pics and opinions.

TBH I really only feel comfortable putting pre-orders down for figures that have helmets/masks since headsculpts can change so much from proto to production. I'll probably pre-order the Mandalorian. While I have my eye on this guy, and definitely want TROS Kylo/Rey, I'll wait for all of them to be released before buying.

Back