1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if you ignore the lack of Hamill likeness, the sculpt appears to be at least 20 years younger than how he looks in screenshots. TFA Ford remains best of the oldsters by a landslide.

This is one of those HT sculpts like Obi-Wan that probably requires the right lighting in order to work well. The detail is getting washed out completely in a lot of these pics where the light is hitting him straight on, but the shots below show off the sculpt a lot better I think.

It's clearly far from 100%, but I still think it gets the job done and will probably look even better in hand.

72267377_10156567794892344_8443841421160480768_n.jpg

72205375_10156567799627344_4575860858692829184_n.jpg

72631217_10156567800302344_8962112307270254592_n.jpg

I was starting to think they forgot about this one, as it hasn’t shown up at any cons of anything since its announcement. I was pleasantly surprised to see it pop up on my Facebook feed this morning.

Except for the cheap - out belt, I'm liking it. That shot with the Leia figure is phenomenal.

I think that folks might be missing the point on a main aspect of the character's appearance here. He was projecting himself through the force. It makes certain sense that some of the aged haggard look he sports in "real time/life" would be worn away in this vision. Leia sees her equally weary and aged brother, Kylo sees a more intense and sharper version of his former master. The vision is affected by those who see it. That's my "out there " take on it anyway.

I think the figure captures that idea perfectly. Really looking forward to it.

This forum is funny.

Prototype pics released: “Ohhhhh....instant buy!”
Final product promo pics released: “Ewwwww! Hot Toys’ worst release ever!”
In hand pics uploaded: “Wow! Looks really good!”

Guys, just wait for more in hand pics and reviews before passing judgement.

The hair flares out too much and the face is too young looking. TFA Solo one of the best looking aged sculpts

The only way I?d buy this is if it lingers around long enough to get discounted. I just don?t care about this film or the sequels anymore to want to buy figures from it. Saving my money for mostly Original Trilogy releases going forward.

I’ll see TRoS, but yeah, I’m not really emotionally invested in SW at the moment. Looking forward to seeing what happens, sure, but not excited for it. There’s no other ST figures I’d get. If anything, I’d sell one or two of the ones I already have.

Luckily I haven?t gone crazy with Sequel Trilogy figures. I have Han, Finn, and Rey (Resistance Outfit) from TFA and Luke (deluxe), Leia, and Rey from TLJ. I don?t anticipate getting any more unless The Rise of Skywalker really wins me back over.

Luckily I haven?t gone crazy with Sequel Trilogy figures. I have Han, Finn, and Rey (Resistance Outfit) from TFA and Luke (deluxe), Leia, and Rey from TLJ. I don?t anticipate getting any more unless The Rise of Skywalker really wins me back over.

Yeah, same here. I have 9 figures from it, which is probably more than what I’d like, actually. TFA Kylo, TFA Rey & BB-8, TFA Luke, Jakku Trooper, Solo, Finn, RO Rey, JT Rey, and TLJ Luke.

Out of those, I personally wouldn’t mind at some point maybe getting rid of the Jakku Trooper and JT Rey. 3 Reys I feel is a bit much, and I personally like her scavenger and RO outfits a bit more than the JT outfit. What the JT figure has going for it though is the different sculpt and hairstyle.

Except for the cheap - out belt, I'm liking it. That shot with the Leia figure is phenomenal.

I think that folks might be missing the point on a main aspect of the character's appearance here. He was projecting himself through the force. It makes certain sense that some of the aged haggard look he sports in "real time/life" would be worn away in this vision. Leia sees her equally weary and aged brother, Kylo sees a more intense and sharper version of his former master. The vision is affected by those who see it. That's my "out there " take on it anyway.

Or it was just random coincidence that Hamil lost more weight after filming his scenes on Skellig and before shooting started for his Crait scenes. :rotfl

Not but it does serve a narrative purpose.

If I could force project, yeah I'd make myself look 20 years younger and get rid of the grey flecks, but I'd also give myself major abs and appear a bit taller.

Luke was pretty conservative with his force face-lift actually - but it is kinda funny to think of him mentally saying to himself as he focuses "hmm, dark beard - yeah, that looks good... grey flecks in hair... gone. And no, I'm ONLY doing this to mess with Kylo - no vanity involved for my final appearance.":lol

View attachment 468101

Best look of the figure imo. Peace and purpose.

Yeah, huge overall proportions improvement over the TFA Luke but that flesh hand looks a bit too big. The boots also look way better proportioned than those funky TFA figure boots.

Back