1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wondered why they didn’t have Luke’s projection have the green saber, especially in the film, he made himself look like how Ren/Ben Solo remembered him .

I know they said he must’ve lost it in the flashback , but c’mon Johnson :dunno

Guys, you can stop pointing out that this version of Luke is supposed to look younger. We know, we saw the movie too. The complaint is that the figure looks younger than the character did in the sequence in question. Also, like a different actor.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I always wondered why they didn?t have Luke?s projection have the green saber, especially in the film, he made himself look like how Ren/Ben Solo remembered him .

I know they said he must?ve lost it in the flashback , but c?mon Johnson :dunno
They said he appeared with the blue saber to rile up Kylo, who sees it as his rightfully property.

I'll be displaying him with a green one.

Most recent example is Ep3 Kenobi. It's not only production downgrade but they mentioned they made changes due to licensor demands. They might be minor, but minor changes can change a fig?re drastically.
But again a licensor choice they have no real say in. That essentially means the prototype they made was asked to be tweaked for whatever reason and they go by that. Plus regardless of if you like it or not it seems like that sculpt is well liked by most. Some didn?t like it when pictures first came out, but it seems like in hand most like it.

They said he appeared with the blue saber to rile up Kylo, who sees it as his rightfully property.

I'll be displaying him with a green one.

Yeah I love everything else about that scene, but the blue lightsaber still looks really odd to me. Especially with that black ROTJ-style outfit he's wearing.

Fortunately this could easily represent the younger Jedi Master Luke as well, so I could pose him with the green lightsaber without turning it into some alternate, EU-style thing like others here are planning.

Guys, you can stop pointing out that this version of Luke is supposed to look younger. We know, we saw the movie too. The complaint is that the figure looks younger than the character did in the sequence in question. Also, like a different actor.

Exactly!

But again a licensor choice they have no real say in. That essentially means the prototype they made was asked to be tweaked for whatever reason and they go by that. Plus regardless of if you like it or not it seems like that sculpt is well liked by most. Some didn?t like it when pictures first came out, but it seems like in hand most like it.

For that figure, I like the prototype more than final production. I didn't say it never turns out better. For Crait Luke, I say the oposite, final production is better. My point is, I ceased preordering headsculpted figures based on prototypes. Anyone who isn't bothered, may continue to preorder.

I always wondered why they didn?t have Luke?s projection have the green saber, especially in the film, he made himself look like how Ren/Ben Solo remembered him .

I watched a fan video once where some guy posited his theory, and he theorized that it was because Luke was projecting what he felt the best version of himself was, since he had to be “Luke Skywalker” again in that moment. And that perhaps he felt the green saber was a saber that was sort of tarnished, being that it marked a moment in his life where he was at his lowest, whereas the blue saber represented Luke when he was full of life, eager for adventure, and wanting to help. Basically, his “Uke Skywalker” self (DX07 owners get it :lol). Now some could argue that the blue saber was tainted as well because of what Anakin did with it, but that had nothing to do with Luke, nor was he even aware of it.

Or the theory like others said, because he felt that’s the saber that would rile up Kylo the most, since he felt he was the rightful heir to it. So it was basically Luke in a way saying “no, it actually belongs to me.”

Maybe a little bit of both, as both make sense to me. Which saber he had wasn’t a big deal to me, as I think you could make a valid argument for either saber as being the saber he should have been wielding in that moment.

For that figure, I like the prototype more than final production. I didn't say it never turns out better. For Crait Luke, I say the oposite, final production is better. My point is, I ceased preordering headsculpted figures based on prototypes. Anyone who isn't bothered, may continue to preorder.
Ultimately it’s your choice, I simply just don’t agree that a person takes that much of a gamble on a Hot Toys figure. More often than not the final figure is close to the prototype. That doesn’t mean the sculpts are always perfect, but I think generally they come out looking like advertised or at least very close. You want to point fingers at a company notorious for underdelivering on sculpts look at Sideshow. Far, far more guilty.

I think the point is that he finally accepted the saber. Remember when he tossed it off the cliff?

73088345_417268172316183_5712082306387148800_n.jpg

I ordered a custom belt

Johnson has said that the whole point of the projection was to play on Kylo?s anger and thus impulsiveness, not just to have him appear as he remembers him. Kylo believed the saber was his, thus inciting even more anger at Luke for getting it back.

Additionally, as others have said, this version of Luke is ?Luke Skywalker?, the legend that everyone has created, and he has accepted that role, signaling that he made a mistake of throwing the saber away and running from his necessary role.

It's true, all of it.

Yeah I love everything else about that scene, but the blue lightsaber still looks really odd to me. Especially with that black ROTJ-style outfit he's wearing.

Fortunately this could easily represent the younger Jedi Master Luke as well, so I could pose him with the green lightsaber without turning it into some alternate, EU-style thing like others here are planning.
That's my intention as well. Luke surely did many things in the decades between ROTJ and his fall from grace, and the version of himself that appeared on Crait almost certainly resembled the man he had been in his prime. Even though we never saw that person, that's who he was in the end and that's who I want on my shelf.

Back