1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker (Force Projection) - SPECULA

Any guesses as to when a full reveal for this Luke will be?

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker (Force Projection) - SPECULA

Pass! Base is not movie accurate. Luke ain't leaving footsteps on Crait :monkey3

Welp, at least Coco will have some extra business making an accurate base lol

My guess is that Kylo releases in Hong Kong this week and they announce the preorder shortly after. Kind of like how when Anakin dropped, Obi wan was unveiled a week or two later.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Omg I take a couple days away from this board after the post-Jedi Luke release madness died down and this thread had virtually no activity and OF COURSE it’s teased!!! Good vibes worked!!!

I can’t remember being so excited for a Hot Toys figure since the Christopher Reeve Superman, which got me into this crazy hobby. Now I’m gonna have to watch TLJ again soon.

Base seems fine/accurate to me. After he switched places with Kylo and did the infamous non-print leaving foot drag, there were indiscriminant red patches in the salt surface.

093FF63C-8734-41A6-93C0-DE947F578248.jpeg

There are footsteps on Crait. Nothing says it’s Luke’s footprints.

In this particular area, only Kylo left footprints and i assume they are much larger than ones Luke would leave. On that HT base, they look to be about Luke's feet size.

Usually at this time of year this means it’s a preview for a reveal at SDCC. Could still be months before a pre-order goes up. Or it could be next week, but I’d go with the former.

After Hobo Luke releases. No way do they cannibalize the sales of him.

Yeah, I’d agree there. Just a reveal at SDCC seems the most logical.

In this particular area, only Kylo left footprints and i assume they are much larger than ones Luke would leave. On that HT base, they look to be about Luke's feet size.

Or the size of the sandtrooper and the Snowtrooper, and the Jakku trooper, and whatever other figure they use that mold for next. (I didn’t look closely to see if it’s a new mold, just my assumption there. :lol)

Yeah, I’d agree there. Just a reveal at SDCC seems the most logical.

Yep. Essentially the same scenario as Endor and Jedi Luke. Endor Luke was revealed at last year’s SDCC, which was around the time Jedi Luke went up for PO. Endor Luke still hasn’t gone up for PO. Not wanting to compete with Jedi Luke I’m certain has something to do with that.

Yep. Essentially the same scenario as Endor and Jedi Luke. Endor Luke was revealed at last year’s SDCC, which was around the time Jedi Luke went up for PO. Endor Luke still hasn’t gone up for PO. Not wanting to compete with Jedi Luke I’m certain has something to do with that.

Yeah, and Leia with Hoth Leia probably.

Just hope they don't give him this effect to show he's, y'know, not really there:

534ad3c406425_55613b.jpg

The only thing interesting on that scenario is how quickly they released essentially two of the same Anakins, which are probably competing, at least a little, with each other, no? I mean it's been a year since Endor Luke was previewed, and you could even sign up for the figure's email notification, but still nothing. So if HT is going to worry about TLJ Luke and now Crait Hologram Luke...this figure could easily be shelved for another year if that's Hot Toy's thinking about figures competing with themselves. Makes sense, but man I'm going to be bummed.

Looks like I'll be one of the few here actually considering this to be the Force Projection Luke we saw at the end of the movie, and not some alternate EU version. :D

Y'know, the concept art Cap HT are releasing makes me wonder if EU Luke could happen one day.

Regardless, I loved TLJ and am crazy excited for this figure. Such a cool design and a vital moment in the saga.

Cause it's an absolutely bad ass representation of perhaps my favorite cinematic hero of ALL time. I don't care if the movie was a festering turd....he LOOKS cool. I may be a middle aged man but I still have an active imagination. This figure (well, the SHF version) will be on my shelf and every time I look at it I'll be imagining the Jedi Master Luke liberating an oppressed people in the far reaches of the galaxy with his awesome Force powers. TLJ doesn't exist to me. Luke Skywalker does.

I never thought of it that way and you've done a service with your post. I hate TLJ with a really high level of unhealthy passion, but this point of view may salvage a little bit of love for the character for me.

Hell I named my son Luke. Luke is my hero

The only thing interesting on that scenario is how quickly they released essentially two of the same Anakins, which are probably competing, at least a little, with each other, no? I mean it's been a year since Endor Luke was previewed, and you could even sign up for the figure's email notification, but still nothing. So if HT is going to worry about TLJ Luke and now Crait Hologram Luke...this figure could easily be shelved for another year if that's Hot Toy's thinking about figures competing with themselves. Makes sense, but man I'm going to be bummed.

Perhaps the fact that it’s an EX and a more limited piece had something to do with that decision. Maybe they don’t plan on making Crait Luke a limited release.

Wow can’t wait to get this. I suspect it will be a while away since the other figure from TLJ haven’t been released yet

Perhaps the fact that it’s an EX and a more limited piece had something to do with that decision. Maybe they don’t plan on making Crait Luke a limited release.

Yeah, good point. Def makes sense. I guess in a few days we will know a bit more (hopefully!).

Back