1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the helmet bigger than the regular Stormtooper's? I'd love to see side by side pictures with the tall and short troopers for comparison.

I'm betting that's lens distortion. I doubt they made a different helmet...maybe more photos could prove me wrong.

I was thinking that I was going to pass on this one but I can't resist after seeing these in hand pics. Looks like I'm going full on Pokémon with this line.

I've done some serious cutting on 1/6 Star Wars to keep the numbers down, but I'm glad I ordered this. It's looking pretty great to me so far.

Unfortunately the Sideshow jacket is the best I have at the moment, but I would love to know a better solution too. The SS one bugs me so much sometimes I am tempted to replace it with the Hasbro one - lol.

I'll be curious if the strength of this likeness supersedes the butt-ugliness of that coat. Maybe Finns jacket when HT makes one? I haven't compared the 2 other than noticing the arm ribbing is similar. Off topic enough for now.

I'm betting that's lens distortion. I doubt they made a different helmet...maybe more photos could prove me wrong.

I wouldn't think they would make a different one either, unless the process of creating the details on the inside required it for some reason. More photos and comparison pictures would be nice. :)

Well, this is back to being a great figure after those official product pictures. Now that Han is most likely confirmed I think I will be buying this now.

I don't think Han being made was ever in question it just wasn't revealed right away. It's an easy variant with existing parts and they did Luke so no reason to think Han wouldn't be done. The figure looks great and I'll definitely be pre-ordering.

The fact that helmet is functional (so to speak) changed the game. I want this figure!

Hi all first time post here. Just grabbed it during lunch hour, will post more pics tonight !
93a5e71b0131f51fd466b5c244f8fc92.jpg

Also the display in SB
d134e78c76562455f8f61109b5e97b89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really really really hoping it's the smirk sculpt of Solo that we got to see in that display a while back

So the helmet can pop onto the body? I thought it was just a prop that he can hold.

Trevor's sculpts are great, but like it had been stated many times, they lean towards caricatures, and that it obviously not the direction HT goes. Subtlety is hard, especially at this scale, and I have never seen a realistic custom Han or Luke sculpt that really impressed me. Obviously a lot of this is personal preference and opinion as well.

Trevor's sculpts only become caricatures when Sideshow is producing them. He's made some of the most realistic and accurate sculpts in the hobby - his Heisenberg, for example.

HT's likenesses for Star Wars haven't been as good as their regular work so far. Han and Ben bear passing resemblances to Ford and Guiness; Chewbacca has facial structure problems with regard to the duck beak mouth and his deep set eyes; Vader's helmet isn't 100% accurate to the 1977 Vader helmet. Luke and Leia are very fine sculpts, but there's always the potential for them to turn out soft and textureless.

Back