1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some great photos are going up on Facebook. Credit to Pui Lun Lau and Don Tam
c7036cd4fc5c55f1fed1b1069a71b3bf.jpg
a5de9962206fd2bbd4e345efbab178c6.jpg
652ceaf576c42b16b746caded77f3872.jpg
eea0c0636067c4665807c372e49f7840.jpg
00e15b1b63911c422d06de6c9dfe7520.jpg
8ce2f8babe5bbfd7c279f81a2bf4ee82.jpg
7a9dca4f6f4556605d7dc3e636773e7b.jpg
d6302cd4fac73c34643cc75f551e8c7d.jpg
733d86128aa3f50c621d6fd23676d2a0.jpg
4efa71d91b60c67775e9ec1217223744.jpg
5fde2710d4436f2143ba6b48f03e1c52.jpg
Are the eyes of the helmet different than the standard release? I'll have to compare when I get home.

Ah nice! Thanks so much for the pics and confirmation that the helmet is indeed functional and the hair color seems to be better now too.

It comes to a point where price completely overshadows beauty and art. Great looking figure. Would love to have in my collection, but in now way would I even consider paying $300 +CAN. In those terms its not worth even the temptation.

Again to bad…its really nice.

I wasn't planning on getting it, myself, but it looks fantastic. When the regular Luke comes out, I'll just have another trooper to add to the collection.

WOW! This looks to be the best Luke I've ever seen. PLUS its a short Stormtrooper.

I only have one trooper -- tall trooper -- so I'm very tempted by this in its double-function AND with the unique belt (grappling line).

Looks great, but I wonder why his upper body still matches the tall trooper. :confused:

Yeah, saw that too. New theory: slightly different body with short legs but regular upper body? Strangely also has the shoulders the same as secret base--left one lower than armor, right one higher.

WOW! This looks to be the best Luke I've ever seen. PLUS its a short Stormtrooper.

I only have one trooper -- tall trooper -- so I'm very tempted by this in its double-function AND with the unique belt (grappling line).

This seems to be the short trooper to get. The different belt seals the deal, plus the head sculpt is nice and can be used for other options if one just wants a short trooper. And binders for Chewie!

Yeah, saw that too. New theory: slightly different body with short legs but regular upper body? Strangely also has the shoulders the same as secret base--left one lower than armor, right one higher.

Yes, there's a bit of gap at his left shoulder where the armour strap is raised up too high. Could therefore be a simple futzing issue. It would be a shame if they did a Sideshow and messed up Luke bodies again! :lol

d6302cd4fac73c34643cc75f551e8c7d.jpg

For your purposes, I'm not sure you'd want a sweaty Luke ceremony headsculpt anyhow, right? Unless Luke is thinking "Oh man, I really hope they give me a medal. They better not give it to that walking carpet."
lol. :rotfl I didn't realize this version was "sweaty". It does look like that is some pictures, but others not so much.

Since you need the body, and they're expensive, you really might be best grabbing two Tatooine Lukes, there's lots of goodies to sell off to help make your money back, and it leaves you with the head sculpt and a body you need, and matching hands.

Yea, I haven't ruled it out and now that I have this ordered (provided he's not too sweaty) I'll have the option of using this head for a custom if I want, but I was leaning toward getting two Tatooine Lukes anyway; not only to use the body but also to perhaps use the light-up saber as well. I'm not going to pose my Yavin Luke with the medal, but with his lightsaber as I've always liked this outfit as it evokes an image in mind of untold adventures that took place before Empire Strikes Back.
000.jpgSTK643909.jpg

Attachments

• Star Wars 001-019.jpg
    Star Wars 001-019.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 308
This figure sure came out nicely. Not going to pick it up but I'm looking forward to that Farmboy Luke more than ever, now.

Hey Jaymas. Are you using that god-awful SS jacket, or do you have a better solution?

Unfortunately the Sideshow jacket is the best I have at the moment, but I would love to know a better solution too. The SS one bugs me so much sometimes I am tempted to replace it with the Hasbro one - lol.

I was thinking that I was going to pass on this one but I can't resist after seeing these in hand pics. Looks like I'm going full on Pokémon with this line.

Back