1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

I wasn't planning on getting this but made use of an eBay voucher and ordered one. I may just take a few pics and then sell him on as I only plan to have the farm boy version.

Yes side by side both same height may be Luke is a little bit smaller by fraction

attachment.php

Thanks for posting that photo and confirming it! :woo

I wonder why every Luke seems to have more abdomen showing than the short trooper, yet there is no addition to his height. :confused:

Thanks for posting that photo and confirming it! :woo

I wonder why every Luke seems to have more abdomen showing than the short trooper, yet there is no addition to his height. :confused:

Shorter chest piece maybe? Seems odd but they both seem like they start at the same height but end sooner. Even the breast plates look about lined up, but the blue dot on the right trooper looks like it's riding higher, like the whole bottom armor rides higher somehow. Looking at my tall troopers the chest armor seems a tiny bit longer than Luke's, but that's maybe my imaginiation.

Shorter chest piece maybe? Seems odd but they both seem like they start at the same height but end sooner. Even the breast plates look about lined up, but the blue dot on the right trooper looks like it's riding higher, like the whole bottom armor rides higher somehow. Looking at my tall troopers the chest armor seems a tiny bit longer than Luke's, but that's maybe my imaginiation.

My tall trooper also has a tiny bit less abdomen showing.

You may be onto something with the abdomen plate riding higher.

Regardless of the mystery though, it does match the actual position of the armour in this still:

Review_LukeStormtrooper_still.jpg

Could be shorter chest piece, but they don't look different (though hard to see for sure with the Short Trooper's arm in the way.) The other possibilities are the ab piece is shorter and so sits a bit lower, and/or the cod piece could also be shorter. OR, the body might might be different giving it a slightly longer torso but also slightly shorter legs to keep it the same over all height. Perhaps the difference is all in our head, but it looks as if they tweaked the fit by adjusting the armor or body a tad giving it a better overall look. If so, this may make a nicer shorter Strormtrooper than the one that came in the two pack.

EDIT: I am assuming the helmet is the same size as the regular Stormtrooper and looks the same on the outside.

This has to be one of the most detailed sculpt ever... right? Incredible figure that is to good to pass up. Looking forward to ordering him next week.

This has to be one of the most detailed sculpt ever... right? Incredible figure that is to good to pass up. Looking forward to ordering him next week.

Yes he's must get figure I really like him
I wish they'd done a separate hair piece when he gets wet though.
Luke in his normal clothes can't have sweat on his face when he's released can he ?

That detailing on Luke's face with the sweat is insane. I don't know how people can talk so sour of Hot Toys with results like this.

Sweaty Luke looks awesome in your pics, James! Glad I ordered this guy, and for $68 after rewards. Thankfully the helmet has the adapter too--I'm about ready to sell off my two-pack set when they announce Han trooper

James, is the chest piece shorter on Luke? Looks like there's less white space below the boobs.

I think it took Ben 7 weeks to get to Sideshow (edit: looks more like 5 weeks for people to get them in-hand from SS). Don't know if that's standard now. Han/Chewie took forever with the split shipment.

I am really happy I didn't go chasing an after market Sideshow Han and Luke Stormtrooper 2 pack a few years back. :) Han will be an instant pre-order when it comes out.

Now I just need to think if there is any reason I shouldn't sell my regular HT Stormtrooper? I imagine it will pretty much be the same figure as Han when the helmet is on. I personally don't need more than 2 Stormtroopers.

I'm with you there. I have 3 Stormtroopers (Tall, Normal, Short). Then I'll have Luketrooper, Spacetrooper, Sandtrooper, and probably Hantrooper. Way too many troopers based on the Stormie design! Or is it? Probably not enough if you ask some folks.

Sweaty Luke looks awesome in your pics, James! Glad I ordered this guy, and for $68 after rewards. Thankfully the helmet has the adapter too--I'm about ready to sell off my two-pack set when they announce Han trooper

James, is the chest piece shorter on Luke? Looks like there's less white space below the boobs.

I wouldnt have noticed if you wouldn't have said
Yes the chest piece is shorter on Luke
Why is that ?image.jpeg

Eureka! Don't know, but that explains why the armor fits different. It is different. They may have been trying to improve the fit and have the abdomen appear more how it does when Luke is wearing the armor. Very interesting.

Edit: I like the right trooper's "What the hell?" pose.

Back