1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars ep. VII- First Order Stormtrooper Officer & Officer Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave up on this one and ordered the Jakku trooper instead. Maybe I'll pick up a loose red pauldron in the future.

I got this set on its way from Hong Kong now, should have if by Thursday. Looking forward to to the officer, not sure if I'm gonna sell off my single trooper or keep him so I have the officer flanked by two regulars.
Definately gonna sell the mouse robot tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got this set on its way from Hong Kong now, should have if by Thursday. Looking forward to to the officer, not sure if I'm gonna sell off my single trooper or keep him so I have the officer flanked by two regulars.
Definately gonna sell the mouse robot tho

Wait, so were you not privy that HT is offering just the officer as a single figure?

If it were me personally, unless you're looking to build a homogeneous army of Stormtroopers, I would sell one of the regular ones. Being that there's so many variations, I'd rather have a different kind as opposed to two or several of the same one.

Wait, so were you not privy that HT is offering just the officer as a single figure?

If it were me personally, unless you're looking to build a homogeneous army of Stormtroopers, I would sell one of the regular ones. Being that there's so many variations, I'd rather have a different kind as opposed to two or several of the same one.

No I knew about the single figure but my collection is getting a little large again, not sure if the officer would look better flanked by just one trooper or 2. 1st world problems I guess haha.
The troopers were my favourite aspect of the new film, but the stormtroopers looked better than any of the variants, I dig the simple armour look they have

Is there any chance at all that the delay on the Officer was to improve articulation in some manner?

Just got mine today, they look awesome together and I love how the regular trooper from the officer set is smaller than the first single release version.
66b42c84e1b3055b202c63a17b00b70a.jpg
cfe20a0b1d8afa89044d265e6c6fcbd4.jpg

Selling of the exclusive mouse droid if anyone wants one

Hot Toys - Star Wars ep. VII- First Order Stormtrooper Officer & Officer Set

Kit bashed my own Officer.

What I wanted to do with this kit-bash, was to create a Stormtrooper with all my favorite gear, and to my surprise, an almost exact version (no backpack or sidearm) of my idea was shot for the raid on Maz Kanata's. Sadly the scene was cut, but it's on the DVD so you can still check it out.

What you're actually looking at is a First Order "Squad Leader" with parts mostly from the Snowtrooper Officer, "Officer Blaster Pistol" from the Tie Fighter Pilot, and tactical harness from the Heavy Gunner . In fact, the only part from the actual Stormtrooper Officer is the black shoulder pouches that I snagged off eBay last week. [emoji23]

I did a few mods to the figure and accessories as well:

• Magnetically attached backpack
• Magnetically attached Blaster Pistol.
• Magnetically attached shoulder pauldron.
• Removed fat suit from under the body suit.
• Removed the padding around the elbows.

16173b54b6c965e678605702d1ca373b.jpg

c67b19630082c7e840ba1582c07685bb.jpg
92264f7f5d372a677f0224f3e2b4c30f.jpg
fca9d1d778619dd3b88f5d76b4d0cd01.jpg
d05800c8dcda77ea1672c975d37a7fd5.jpg
9102ed6b19d4740f1f78e19ccfd3d576.jpg
e37a11d6bdc52b54485363eaae43f1fc.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Last edited:
Is there any chance at all that the delay on the Officer was to improve articulation in some manner?

The officer set definitely has better articulation, it's not as hard to pose the the officer and the short trooper and they hold the pose better than the regular trooper.
Maybe this is the reason they took so long with them?
Il post pictures when I get home

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars ep. VII- First Order Stormtrooper Officer & Officer Set

If the articulation of the Officer really is better, then I think I will sell my Snowtrooper Officer and purchase the standard Stormtrooper officer.

I really like the Officer a lot, but I already have two troopers by having a Regular Stormie and the Jakku Stormie. The Regular one I feel is essential because it's basically just the standard trooper that showed up the most in the film, and the Jakku trooper is probably my favorite trooper by having the tactical vest and the backpack, along with the larger rifle and binoculars.

As mentioned, I really like the Officer; the red pauldron looks really cool and he also comes with the longer rifle and some binoculars, but I really don't feel that I need more than two Stormtroopers from TFA. :lol

Have the two-week till charge emails for the standalone Officer been sent out yet? I'm concerned I ordered him after they were sent out, and I currently don't have enough for the figure (I'm waiting for money from something to come in).

Back