Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Does Sideshow still have a license for Star Wars 1/6 stuff?

I wonder which will be the preferred now... HT or SS?

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

ck1 - a member here, has been serial posting in multiple SW threads that he's cancelling all his SSC pre orders in favour of the 'inevitable' HT versions.

He seems like a nice chap. :lol

Farmboy Luke and Buns Leia are probably the next ones... then ANH should be done.

I'm expecting they do the ESB figures next to go with the Bespin Luke.

ck1 - a member here, has been serial posting in multiple SW threads that he's cancelling all his SSC pre orders in favour of the 'inevitable' HT versions.

He seems like a nice chap. :lol

Oh. :lol

Is that the general consensus of the Star Wars collectors, that HT will be superior?

I was looking at the SS Hoth Han and it looks pretty good too; I can't say if it's worse or better... at least you could mix collections if you already have a lot.

Oh. :lol

Is that the general consensus of the Star Wars collectors, that HT will be superior now?
Not with everyone.

Personal preference is obviously a big part of it, but with the exception of certain releases over the years, SSC really do need to make way now. :lol

Not with everyone.

Personal preference is obviously a big part of it, but with the exception of certain releases over the years, SSC really do need to make way now. :lol

I don't have any SW collectibles, but I want some, so I was thinking about starting with HT.

Every one who sees my collection always notices the HT figures first, even though they're small.

Heck if HT released ANH Vader some of us will do the same switch from ANH to TESB Vader like the SSC version a few years ago.

But I'm now guessing the HT ANH Vader won't be out for a couple of more years I think.....:dunno

Now that SS is charging HT prices does that mean they are going to step up their quality to match? I'm going to hold on preordering SS Luke until I see what comes from HT. I Wouldnt be surprised to see HT offer a DX ANH Luke with farm boy and rebel pilot. Definitely going to be interesting to see how both companies handle the license. Maybe SS will step up its game and justify the increased pricing, but to me right now their bodies aren't as good, the sculpts aren't as nice, the heads are a little big compared to HT.

Since it also looks like PT will be on the back burner for a while (unfortunately) I'm hoping they announce and show Luke, Leia, Lando, and Old Ben.

Now that SS is charging HT prices does that mean they are going to step up their quality to match? I'm going to hold on preordering SS Luke until I see what comes from HT. I Wouldnt be surprised to see HT offer a DX ANH Luke with farm boy and rebel pilot. Definitely going to be interesting to see how both companies handle the license. Maybe SS will step up its game and justify the increased pricing, but to me right now their bodies aren't as good, the sculpts aren't as nice, the heads are a little big compared to HT.

Since it also looks like PT will be on the back burner for a while (unfortunately) I'm hoping they announce and show Luke, Leia, Lando, and Old Ben.

I have a feeling that we will not see Hot Toys compete with too many of the newer Sideshow Offerings. Xwing Luke will stand on it's own. There is enough ground to cover for all of the companies really.

Farmboy Luke and Buns Leia are probably the next ones... then ANH should be done.

I'm expecting they do the ESB figures next to go with the Bespin Luke.
Obi-Wan seems to be a given along with Vader from A New Hope.

Vader IS coming...I don't know the release schedule but Vader is a FOR SURE ;)

281218_original.gif

Vader locked in?

Of course it was - everyone expected as much anyway. :lol

Back