Hot Toys Spider-Man: No Way Home - 1/6th scale Spider-Man (final suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonky...in what way? Although the furrowed brow doesn't really scream Tom Holland but maybe it's tied to his uncertain adventures ahead without his best friend and his girl.
He meant the masked head shape :)

Neck seam looks great but man Hot Toys is just unable to properly nail the head shape for Hollands version. It's always looks wonky.

The unmasked look for this figure is definitely the way to go.

pKwdMby.png
ax0UmXS.png

ikgzrcW.png
I agree the masked head shape isn't great. I don't know what it's supposed to look like exactly but that can't be it.

Last edited:
Not wowed? Looks wonky? My god... people need to look for other hobbies than 1/6 if
figures like this don't "do it" for you.

There comes a point where expectations become "unrealistic" for a 12" tall action figure.
Not liking certain figures doesn't mean you need to find a new hobby. Impossible to like everything.

Wonky...in what way? Although the furrowed brow doesn't really scream Tom Holland but maybe it's tied to his uncertain adventures ahead without his best friend and his girl.
As @Spanbauer pointed out, I was referring to the masked sculpt, not the Holland unmasked sculpt, which looks great. HT's head shape for the masked version just never looked right to me with the figures they've done for Holland. Comes across looking too round/oval and bloated. It's slightly better with this NWH version but I think it's a benefit coming from the neck finally being seamless now, which the previous versions didn't have.

lD5F3Td.png
9KSXLjs.png

p8NV47q.png
cDojFiN.png

Not wowed? Looks wonky? My god... people need to look for other hobbies than 1/6 if
figures like this don't "do it" for you.

There comes a point where expectations become "unrealistic" for a 12" tall action figure.
Quite the opposite when we're paying $300+ for figures that has a main selling point of being insanely movie accurate. Not to mention, this isn't even the first Holland figure Hot Toys has done. This is like the 5th version by now. Nothing wrong with being happy with it, nor is there anything wrong with pointing out inaccuracies or areas they can improve on.

Last edited:
I like that the unmasked head has a ball joint on it. So you could probably take that sculpt over to one of the old Hollands or a custom too, maybe with some work on the barbell joint.

As @Spanbauer pointed out, I was referring to the masked sculpt, not the Holland unmasked sculpt, which looks great. HT's head shape for the masked version just never looked right to me with the figures they've done for Holland. Comes across looking too round and bloated. It's slightly better with this NWH version but I think it's a benefit coming from the neck finally being seamless now, which the previous versions didn't have.

lD5F3Td.png
9KSXLjs.png

p8NV47q.png
cDojFiN.png

Quite the opposite when we're paying $300+ for figures that has a main selling point of being insanely movie accurate. Not to mention, this isn't even the first Holland figure Hot Toys has done. This is like the 5th version by now. Nothing wrong with being happy with it, nor is there anything wrong with pointing out inaccuracies or areas they can improve on.
I see your point here on these older figure pics but this newer engineering of his masked head looks like a step up to my eye (said Cyclops). Well...enjoy your savings.

Neck seam looks great but man Hot Toys is just unable to properly nail the head shape for Hollands version. It's always looks wonky.

The unmasked look for this figure is definitely the way to go.

pKwdMby.png
ax0UmXS.png

ikgzrcW.png
There are absolutely some cool improvements on this figure (neck seam being a big one) but I agree about the masked portrait. They always do something weird with the Holland upper arms, too, and the blue material is too thick although I'm not sure what they can actually do at this scale, although what was it ... Scarlet Spider and one of the Miles versions had better material, right?

It's not a bad looking figure but it bugs me that I *know* they could do better.

Not quite there for me,

Yeah this one benefits a lot from the the seamless neck. The profile is beautiful. Personally, this is the only Holland Spidey I'd get, they've gotten close enough to perfect.

View attachment 703985View attachment 703986
View attachment 703987
Yep that seamless look from neck to head is a huge selling point for me. The break between the neck and head on past Holland figures drives me nuts when doing photography; I try to hide it but sometimes it just can’t be avoided.

DSC_0899.jpg

DSC_0882.jpg

DSC_0954.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

Not digging the look of the materials in these blogger pics. HT has yet to make a Spider-Man figure that has wowed me.

My favourite superhero of all time and I don’t have a single figure of him.
Whereas I have 26....with 3 more an the way. I guess my wow threshold is a tad lower than yours lol...

I’ve been on the waitlist for this guy for a hot minute. I’m not sure if anybody has experience with WL conversions since HT started limiting their production sizes, but would anybody happen to know if these new Hot Toys edition sizes convert often or if I should start looking elsewhere?:lol

I’ve been on the waitlist for this guy for a hot minute. I’m not sure if anybody has experience with WL conversions since HT started limiting their production sizes, but would anybody happen to know if these new Hot Toys edition sizes convert often or if I should start looking elsewhere?:lol
They do convert I've had a bunch of converts from different figures on SS. Some I passed up and some that got canceled because I didn't pay up. Lol but yeah once it ships you'll probably get lucky but I'd still check other sites in case. Definitely excited to get this one as my main spidey

Yeah it's impossible to hide. Still, you made the best of it in your sweet pics.
Thanks!
I think the sooner after it went waitlisted that you joined it, the higher likelihood it’ll convert. Otherwise if you’re in the States and have a local comic shop who gets Hot Toys from Sideshow, that’s a great source for sold out figures.

Looks great. I joined the Sideshow waitlist for the deluxe early this morning. I guess I’ll see if it converts down the line.

Back