1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand a degree of criticism, that's perfectly normal and should exist. However, there's been so very little commentary on what is good or well done here. This isn't going to help the villain cause, and in fact is probably going to hurt it.

There's nothing to say really, it's perfect besides the helmet seam and the lack of a Jake head depending on who you ask. Honestly, to me it's just the fishbowl that needs work, it's perfect otherwise. If they don't fix it I will so I'm not terribly fussed about it, was planning on making my own if this wasn't made.

Kinda sucks not having the specs and pics on page one.

This is why people used to set up new threads rather than just throwing them into the speculation threads.

I think the figure looks awesome. Looks like it'll have great shelfpresence with the billowing cape and smoke effects. It's too bad that they didn't include a JG headsculpt, but then again, I'd probably never use it anyway so definitely no dealbreaker. The seem is a bit unfortunate, but nothing I can't live with.

I'm thinking the 2 years release date is just a safetymeasure on Hot Toys' behalf. It gives them time to move the production around a bit as they see fit with a release date at the latest 2 years from now. I wouldn't be surprised to see this figure pop up unexpected next March or April. They did it with the War Machine Mk. IV and a couple of other figures, I think.

I think the figure looks awesome. Looks like it'll have great shelfpresence with the billowing cape and smoke effects. It's too bad that they didn't include a JG headsculpt, but then again, I'd probably never use it anyway so definitely no dealbreaker. The seem is a bit unfortunate, but nothing I can't live with.

I'm thinking the 2 years release date is just a safetymeasure on Hot Toys' behalf. It gives them time to move the production around a bit as they see fit with a release date at the latest 2 years from now. I wouldn't be surprised to see this figure pop up unexpected next March or April. They did it with the War Machine Mk. IV and a couple of other figures, I think.

Have they done this before? How much did they shorten the time? Don't want to be caught with my pants down.

Have they done this before? How much did they shorten the time? Don't want to be caught with my pants down.

Yes, it has occurred before. As previously mentioned, War Machine Mark IV is the most recent example, as most people have received it (or are awaiting its imminent arrival), well ahead of its original due date (@Jan 2020). The HT Punisher also arrived 3-4 months earlier than expected. Of course neither of those was forecast two full years out like Mysterio, so this is new territory.

Exactly. I remember there was a time when many Endgame (or maybe Infinity War) figures were all coming out with a standard 1 year (or maybe more) lead time. This was clearly because they didn't have a good feel for how many would be pre-ordered, and therefore difficult to align their production timing accurately.

By going with a long lead time they are safe. When they have a better handle of how many pre-orders there are and what other figures are also in the mix (and how many) then they can reduce the lead time more accurately. Customers are happy that they get their figure "early" and Hot Toys do not have to deal with a negative "Delay" situation. Just smart business sense.

Exactly. I remember there was a time when many Endgame (or maybe Infinity War) figures were all coming out with a standard 1 year (or maybe more) lead time. This was clearly because they didn't have a good feel for how many would be pre-ordered, and therefore difficult to align their production timing accurately.

By going with a long lead time they are safe. When they have a better handle of how many pre-orders there are and what other figures are also in the mix (and how many) then they can reduce the lead time more accurately. Customers are happy that they get their figure "early" and Hot Toys do not have to deal with a negative "Delay" situation. Just smart business sense.

The way you frame it, it's seeming as though they're really unsure of how many orders they'll get for him, so this is the test for the production run. I guess this really is the time to put the money where our mouths are in terms of villains.

I?m trying to think back, how often does it really happen where Hot Toys does a figure that doesn?t include an alternate sculpt if applicable? War Machine was mentioned. The only ones I can think of besides this are the Deadpool figures, the first Kylo Ren (though second figure came with one), and I think the second Garfield Spider-Man didn?t have the unmasked sculpt but I believe the first had the Garfield sculpt.

The way you frame it, it's seeming as though they're really unsure of how many orders they'll get for him, so this is the test for the production run. I guess this really is the time to put the money where our mouths are in terms of villains.

Yes, I think you are right. It seems likely that if people order villains it will provide Hot Toys with greater confidence/incentive to produce villains

60,000 likes+ on their Instagram page for this release (not even count FB page), among highest I've seen...this figure will definitely ensure to be a hit.

I really enjoyed the movie, really liked how Jake played Mysterio and i think this is an awesome looking figure that would great on my shelf but i have not ordered. The late 2021 release date has me no rush at all to push that PO button.

While I'm sure there will be a portrait offered in the secondary... seriously HT? That said, I won't be surprised to see one of the KO companies offer a full Gyllenhaal figure with the remote performance capture setup. I'm sure those would sell well. HT could have offered that as a Deluxe.

Wow, summer of 2021? Talk about two years after anybody cares.

I know, not really. But still...it seems a LONG time after a movie for a (probably) one-hit-wonder character, cool or not.

I admittedly don't know the in's-and-out's of R&D, production, marketing, licensing, lead times, etc., but it seems like they'd want to close those gaps if they could. But then again, I guess they pretty much sell out of everything anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Wow, summer of 2021? Talk about two years after anybody cares.

I know, not really. But still...it seems a LONG time after a movie for a (probably) one-hit-wonder character, cool or not.

I admittedly don't know the in's-and-out's of R&D, production, marketing, licensing, lead times, etc., but it seems like they'd want to close those gaps if they could. But then again, I guess they pretty much sell out of everything anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Everyone I've talked to here and elsewhere seems to think it's a temp date, he might be coming THIS summer.

Back