Hot Toys Spider-Man (Black Suit) - Spider-Man 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me the exclusive doesn’t seem like that big of a deal. Maybe I’m missing something. Just a gloop of Symbiote. I’d see more the other piece that looks like it’s crawling in the building personally.

To me the exclusive doesn’t seem like that big of a deal. Maybe I’m missing something. Just a gloop of Symbiote. I’d see more the other piece that looks like it’s crawling in the building personally.

I don’t think it’s something a ton of people would use for a display. Maybe for photos.

Which makes it a good exclusive since it won’t force as many people to buy from Sideshow if they don’t want to.

I don’t think it’s something a ton of people would use for a display. Maybe for photos.

Which makes it a good exclusive since it won’t force as many people to buy from Sideshow if they don’t want to.
Actually I looked at it again and it’s kinda cool. Still not a dealbreaker if I don’t get it though. If I decide I want this at all.

Actually I looked at it again and it’s kinda cool. Still not a dealbreaker if I don’t get it though. If I decide I want this at all.

Yeah cool but not 100% necessary is what an exclusive should be.

The OWK Kenobi lightsaber box is probably the worst one in recent memory in that regard. That should’ve been standard.

Yeah cool but not 100% necessary is what an exclusive should be.

The OWK Kenobi lightsaber box is probably the worst one in recent memory in that regard. That should’ve been standard.
Yeah that was pretty lame. Glad I got that one. The timed exclusive aspect worked though as it got me to order right away..

Unfortunately all the timed exclusives worked on me. Even the cheap holograms. :angryfist:

:lol
Had to double check- I actually forgot I got in on the Vader hologram exclusive. Normally I don’t care as much about those types of things as they almost always stay in the box. The only one I use is one that came with Commander Cody (not an exclusive though).

I guess I can see the extra Symbiote head being somewhat of a selling point with this even though to me it doesn’t matter a ton.

If Kit is any indication the deluxe version is going to be spendy- $488. Regular version is $388. Not completely surprising but still.

Not sure how to feel about either of those prices lol, funny because I had no issue hitting pre order on a $400 Superman.

Not sure how to feel about either of those prices lol, funny because I had no issue hitting pre order on a $400 Superman.
I actually feel like the Spider-Man is a bit more desirable than the Superman personally. I’d want the deluxe though, which is a lot.

I actually feel like the Spider-Man is a bit more desirable than the Superman personally. I’d want the deluxe though, which is a lot.

They're about equal for me, but I have NWH Tobey on PO, who I already thought was overpriced being a barebones figure for $305. If the standard version of this is over $350 it'll be ridiculous when comparing the price of a figure thats essentially the same that they released less than a year ago. those extra symbiote pieces aint worth that markup to me.

I remember only iron man was 300 and we all collectively thought that was ridiculous

I remember only iron man was 300 and we all collectively thought that was ridiculous
I mean Spider-Man has essentially become equal to or surpassed Iron Man in terms of popularity and Hot Toys milking as many versions as possible. Prices are reflecting that. Definitely not cheap though.

I mean Spider-Man has essentially become equal to or surpassed Iron Man in terms of popularity and Hot Toys milking as many versions as possible. Prices are reflecting that. Definitely not cheap though.
O yea Spider-Man was always a hot seller. I’d argue that even during the height of iron man’s popularity spiderman still sold. Crappy Sony movies and all. Love iron man to but hot toys would have easily sold out if they made a comic accurate Spider-Man instead of iron man

O yea Spider-Man was always a hot seller. I’d argue that even during the height of iron man’s popularity spiderman still sold. Crappy Sony movies and all. Love iron man to but hot toys would have easily sold out if they made a comic accurate Spider-Man instead of iron man
Untrue. The VG Classic Spidey is literally the comic accurate incarnation of Spider-Man, yet when it finally released folks were still coming up with excuses for why they weren't gonna buy it. You know who you are...

Untrue. The VG Classic Spidey is literally the comic accurate incarnation of Spider-Man, yet when it finally released folks were still coming up with excuses for why they weren't gonna buy it. You know who you are...
Hmm. I mean it’s the classic suit but it’s still sorta modern and is just like the game. Now say if you make a 60s style or 90s mcfarlene style Spider-Man then I think we could see more sales. But tbh eerily enough I didn’t buy it either.

The VG Classic Suit Spidey is such a great figure, besides the flaws of its thick suit material.

Back