1/6 Hot Toys Speculation Thread - Avengers 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the biggest Marvel movie to date, there will be figures coming for the next year.

Agree. There's no way they've moved on from Endgame figures yet. From a business perspective, they need to temporarily shift focus to the new Spidey movie as there's a more limited set of characters they can produce from that. Endgame will continue to have new announcements through year-end, I would hope. Plus, they still haven't announced five or six Infinity War characters that were previewed via online comic con last year (Starlord, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch, etc.)

Have you really been here since 2012? Let's calm down and realize IW figures were still being announced a couple of months after the movie release. I think we will see 3-4 more EG figures announced the next 2 months.

Yeah there's no way they're going to move on from a movie as big as Endgame just yet. Judging by how many figures we got from other Avengers movies and teamups like CW, there's likely still a few more to come.

WTF???. OK, I guess those that didn't bother to read my entire post could interpret the first sentence as my saying HT was done producing Endgame figures, but given that I go on to mention 3 Endgame figures that I expect to get regular releases, obviously that's not what I meant. :lol I was simply expressing my surprise that they slipped in a Spidey release without a few more Endgame figures coming out first.

WTF???. OK, I guess those that didn't bother to read my entire post could interpret the first sentence as my saying HT was done producing Endgame figures, but given that I go on to mention 3 Endgame figures that I expect to get regular releases, obviously that's not what I meant. :lol I was simply expressing my surprise that they slipped in a Spidey release without a few more Endgame figures coming out first.

Welcome to the internet where we take one portion of your comment and just run with it and add our own commentary/opinion and twist it to our own agenda...I can't believe you think the FFH line is better and will be more profitable than the EG line!!! WOW, just wow! :lol

Welcome to the internet where we take one portion of your comment and just run with it and add our own commentary/opinion and twist it to our own agenda...I can't believe you think the FFH line is better and will be more profitable than the EG line!!! WOW, just wow! :lol

Well OF COURSE the FFH line will be more profitable than the EG line, but it will pale in comparison to that of Academy Award winning Suicide Squad! :lecture :wink1:

Many of us have English as a first language, so when somebody starts their paragraph point by saying HT has 'moved on' from Endgame, that means a very specific thing. Sure, you noted later that they might release more figures down the line, but you already made a stark opening statement using particular english.

Try talking to a girlfriend or something, and open with the line that you are 'moving on' from them. See how that goes. See if she is listening closely to what you have to say right after that LOL.

If you wanted to say you were surprised they released Spidey in, fine, I would say that. Because you used different words, and got a different response, don't be surprised.

Many of us have English as a first language, so when somebody starts their paragraph point by saying HT has 'moved on' from Endgame, that means a very specific thing. Sure, you noted later that they might release more figures down the line, but you already made a stark opening statement using particular english.

Try talking to a girlfriend or something, and open with the line that you are 'moving on' from them. See how that goes. See if she is listening closely to what you have to say right after that LOL.

If you wanted to say you were surprised they released Spidey in, fine, I would say that. Because you used different words, and got a different response, don't be surprised.

Hey, I acknowledged that my first sentence could be misinterpreted. My response was posted merely to clarify my position, not to criticize your or anyone else's reaction. No need for the text dissection - these threads get crazy enough without resorting to that. :lol

Hey, I acknowledged that my first sentence could be misinterpreted. My response was posted merely to clarify my position, not to criticize your or anyone else's reaction. No need for the text dissection - these threads get crazy enough without resorting to that. :lol

Fair enough, but time on the internet and in a work environment (if you have job that requires you to communicate), you learn quickly the first sentance is everything. Colors everything else.

Looking forward to Hulk and Fat Thor being announced in a few weeks.

How can you equate collecting to a relationship with a significant other? Obviously, collecting is far more serious! :)

:lol Now if we can only get our significant others to accept this!

Me a few dates in with my current girlfriend:

"So I have a high-end action figure of Keaton Batman."

Her: "The best Batman."

Me: "I may also own a one-metre long replica of the Burton Batmobile".

Her: "Cool, I'd like to check that out."

Me: "Err...that's not all..."

That was 7 months ago and now she critiques likeness on head-sculpts and cut-and-sew on costumes. She's not into it per se, but digs that I am.

That was 7 months ago and now she critiques likeness on head-sculpts and cut-and-sew on costumes. She's not into it per se, but digs that I am.
Marry her!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Like how you explained that. My fiance is this way as well. She also makes her own custom plush characters. It's fun.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Like how you explained that. My fiance is this way as well. She also makes her own custom plush characters. It's fun.

It’s only one aspect of a relationship but it’s a nice-to-have.

Years ago I once had a full-on geek girlfriend with her own collections and strongly overlapping interests, and it was actually a bad relationship and a mistake.

So in and of itself, an appreciation of nerd culture doesn’t make or break anything, but it’s definitely a nice share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you really been here since 2012? Let's calm down and realize IW figures were still being announced a couple of months after the movie release. I think we will see 3-4 more EG figures announced the next 2 months.
It's not like the sculptors aren't working hard or anything [emoji23]

Yeah there's no way they're going to move on from a movie as big as Endgame just yet. Judging by how many figures we got from other Avengers movies and teamups like CW, there's likely still a few more to come.
It does feel like Endgame releases are being announced slower than I would have expected. I don't doubt there will be some more shown at SDCC, but it surprises me that big characters like Thor and Hulk weren't ready to show off around the film's release. We've also seen Rocket previewed but yet he hasn't gone up for pre-order.

It does feel like Endgame releases are being announced slower than I would have expected. I don't doubt there will be some more shown at SDCC, but it surprises me that big characters like Thor and Hulk weren't ready to show off around the film's release. We've also seen Rocket previewed but yet he hasn't gone up for pre-order.

Hot Toys is a surprisingly small company. I recall a behind the scenes video and even if you look at the teams listed on the boxes, and there are not a huge amount of staff. So they're going to meet their limits pretty easily with the amount of figures on the slate, and also considering how late they get information from these highly secret movies. Then there is their production limitations on top.

Potentially there is also the need to slow releases somewhat for collector "wallet ache". Popular figures of course take priority.

Just a few points to potentially explain how things are as they are.

Back