1/6 Hot Toys Speculation Thread - Avengers 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never would have thought Agent Hill had an audience to validate a figure and yet here we are. Peggy for sure has a bigger audience than Hill. I think a TF exclusive, like Hill, is definitely warranted and long over due.

NO CHANCE! Since I’m into the 1/4 statue collecting as well as HT’s, they are going to keep these announcements going on like they did with IM3. Oh and Fat Thor is 100% being released in some form or fashion I’m calling it now! I’m so confident that I will bet a MISB HT IM Mk. L to anyone who comes across this post and I’ll give them a year to at least get the PO out there, that’s even more confident than a loophole if I had said “a prototype”, no, a PO of some form of Fat Thor will be available for PO within a year from now. That’s my prediction and I’ll put a Mk. L on the line (The Big Thorbowski, Team Suit Thor and/or final battle Fat Thor are all possibilities but at least 1 from HT’s is CERTAIN) with that being the only loophole I’ll put on the line with a Mk. L. Yes I know that many Asian countries are a bit “prejudiced” towards overweight people but the demand is going to be so huge (pun intended) they will have to produce at least 1 version. Like I said, if anyone thinks I’m wrong, PLEASE bookmark my post and I swear to God that I will send the first person a Mk. L if this doesn’t come to fruition.

Okay...I'm marking this down. Gonna hit you up on May 10, 2020 for my MISB HT IM Mk. L! :yess:

Yep!

What price point do you think he'll be? I feel like he'd easily be higher, like $300+

Not the same poster :lol, but I definitely agree, especially if Hot Toys gives him a whole new body type that they probably won’t use that often, if ever again. It’s not every day you see a heavier super hero/Jedi/action movie star. However, I don’t make these for a living, so I have no idea how the process would actually work. They could just use the same every day body and pad/shape his armor to give him the same body shape he has in the movie. Either way, I can see them charging more than normal for him.

If they do fat Thor, they’ll either put him in the robe with a ratty T-shirt, or his costume — either with a fat suit. Howard’s too greedy and too cheap to do it any other way unless he absolutely has to.

I'll be happy to receive your free Iron Man figure next year.

You might have noticed it first but on May 10th, 2020 if there is no Fat Thor up for PO, you will have to be the first to call it out.

Okay...I'm marking this down. Gonna hit you up on May 10, 2020 for my MISB HT IM Mk. L! :yess:

Good, good! I ABSOLUTELY pay all my debts/bets but I gotta agree with ScottishCharm:

Think your MISB Mark L ain't going nowhere. He will be made for sure. HT won't let this pass.

There are 2 licensed statue companies that already revealed their 1/4 Fat Thor’s. You and I are correct that HT’s will not let this pass. Thor is like one of the MCU’s trinity.

I hope Hot Toys doesn't get on a "team suit" kick and ride those for the next several weeks #facepalm

Bring on fat Thor! Or maybe revisit somebody from the IW unreleased characters...certainly a lot of possibilities!

3rd party fat Thor
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1794

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Lmao that was fast!

But agreed with the consensus. Thicc Viking Final Battle Thor will most certainly be made (Day 1 PO for me), and I think will be shown off at SDCC. He's one of the Big 3 and an easy money maker for HT. I hope he has Mjolnir, Stormbreaker, lightning eyes, and lightning effect parts. It will be glorious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lmao that was fast!

But agreed with the consensus. Thicc Viking Final Battle Thor will most certainly be made (Day 1 PO for me), and I think will be shown off at SDCC. He's one of the Big 3 and an easy money maker for HT. I hope he has Mjolnir, Stormbreaker, lightning eyes, and lightning effect parts. It will be glorious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah same here, day one PO.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I’m surprised they haven’t officially confirmed the additional accessories for Cap and IM yet. I thought that would happen when they showed off the cap with the broken shield.

Wonder what the next official release announcement / reveal will be. Rescue Pepper?

If they stick with the trend of showing 2 at once.... I think Rescue and Rocket will be the next figures since they have both been shown at events, so we know prototypes exist.

Of course, they could also go the Team Suit route and release cap + whoever else as well, but hoping its new figures.

We haven't seen anything for Thor or Hulk yet so will probably be a while for that.

I'd bet good money that HT would have waited on Thor to see if fat Thor was well accepted by the audience or not. Hence the re-release of IW Thor.

If they do in fact make a fat Thor it'll be a while until they get the proto made I'd say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless they went ahead and made a prototype just to have ready...only time will tell.

I predict for this week we'll see either Rescue or Rocket, or both. Of course I'd LOVE to wake up and see fat Thor!
I'd bet good money that HT would have waited on Thor to see if fat Thor was well accepted by the audience or not. Hence the re-release of IW Thor.

If they do in fact make a fat Thor it'll be a while until they get the proto made I'd say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back