Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This from Asta regarding Krennic orders:

I hope HT doesn't cut Mudtrooper orders in this way.

I ordered a krennic from popcultcha, then I got an email from the saying they were unable to fulfill my order, they didn't have enough stock.

I ordered three mudtroopers from popcultcha, hopefully they don't cut my mudtrooper order like they did to krennic.

I was on the fence about this figure from the beginning and never pre-ordered it. I wanted to see in-hand shots before making my decision. Now I have just let Hot toys make my decision for me. I don't need this one.

Mine arrived this week while I was on vacation. Hoping to open him up later.

20200627_140054.jpg

Good to see these starting to filter through, Congrats Chakaman & LetoQuorme it's a fine addition to the ranks!

I'm sizing up some possible accessories for the Mudtrooper, a lick of paint could make these pieces look rather good.

IMG_3400.JPG
IMG_3399.JPG

Thanks guys, the mudtrooper ammo pouch is the same as the shoretroopers pouch, but as they are very hard to come by the sandtrooper pouch is a good stand-in.
The belt is ever so slightly different too if you want to get ocd about details, again it works for me.:dunno

Hope my order doesn?t get cancelled on this, bought from a HK eBay seller last month or so as their price was the cheapest I could find.

Like I said in the Han thread, I got this on Wednesday and didn't have time to play til last night.

Really cool figure! But I have to admit I was a little underwhelmed at first. The body seems a bit slim and lanky. Especially around the hips area he seems almost stretched out. His forearms are also skinny--seems like they used the armor body forearms, usually used in order to compensate for armor. Not needed here, IMO. Also, I was a little annoyed that when I went to take the head off in order to take the plastic wrap off from around the neck, the neck came out instead. Normally that's not a problem. But this time, because the outfit is very tight with a high collar, and armor that also comes up tight to the neck, and because the armor doesn't come off without some major breaking, it was almost impossible not to put the neck back on without smooshing the outfit's collar into the neck hole. It took several tries but I finally managed to get the collar away enough to attach the neck back on and still have the collar visible.

So that whole experience started everything off in a sour note.

However once all that was behind me, I started to enjoy putting him together and posing him.

Some of the slimness issues are able to be dissimulated with the proper pose, and the skinny forearms aren't really an issue since they are concealed. The helmet and mask are great, but I won't be using the mask on his face, and won't be keeping the helmet on either. The front brim of the helmet is in full contact of the forehead and I'm afraid it will leave a permanent mark if it stays on too long. I also didn't bother with the chin strap either, for the same reasons of leaving a mark on his face.

There is some restriction with the hips and legs. The pants fit fairly tight and there is no give to the fabric, so there's some limits to how the legs can go.

The details on all the gear are beautiful, as is the weathering. In fact, I never noticed in the pictures that his left shin guard has damage on the bottom of it. At first I thought it was just my figure that somehow broke, but I checked the proto pictures and sure enough, it's there. Nice little detail.

This and the other Han make a great pair. Glad I got them! If only HT would make more figures from Solo!

Again, please excuse the single iPhone shot. Been busy.

qv5Zu5i.jpg

Over 2yrs since i POed... long awaited figure.
Took 2 months from HK (left) and 12hrs from SSC (right). Both arrived today within the same hour :lol

20D0A8F4-3C5A-47AB-84F7-207FAF498CD0.jpg

Some quick futzing and I am in love with this figure! Can’t wait to start individualizing these and modding them into random Mudtroopers.

0F2DC724-621A-4110-9B29-346EDC9FA781.jpg

Back