Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
REALLY looking forward to this one!!
Me too. I’ll have to wait to see how the new Bespin sculpt looks in hand but the Jedi sculpt looks good on my current Bespin Luke. Shouldn’t be any different on the Snow speeder.

Attachments

• 671E27F8-56FA-42FD-9230-81E7789F9E38.jpeg
    671E27F8-56FA-42FD-9230-81E7789F9E38.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 100
I’m probably going to display him without the helmet. Might go for the Dagobah landing look as well.
Yeah, the SSC Luke Snowspeeder is an awesome figure (probably close to on-par with the upcoming HT in most respects in terms of outfit/accessories) but the big letdown - as always with SSC - was the headsculpt.

As often with SSC, decent likeness but poor sculpt detail, noticeably subpar paint apps and pretty weak hairsculpt. And the "dead eyes stare" many of the later SSC figs had, even despite paint apps improved from 7-10 years ago. Fortunately the helmet-on Luke face was actually pretty good (with visor down of course, same as the Red Five Luke.)

So I'm really looking forward to having a Luke Snowspeeder fig where you can confidently display it with helmet off. In fact in some ways you're crazy to display this fig with the helmet on if the head comes out looking stellar.

I want try for the Mcquarie concept luke Vader fight just for fun. Otherwise I'll probably use this for the dagobah diorama that sideshow did 10 or so years ago.

I'd say this and Bespin are the better looking ones. ANH has a poor likeness and I can never get his clothes to hang nicely. Jedi Luke fell short for me, the tailoring or the body. Something just never felt right with that one. Endor Luke isn't bad actually because the poncho covers up all of those Jedi issues.

I'd say this and Bespin are the better looking ones. ANH has a poor likeness and I can never get his clothes to hang nicely. Jedi Luke fell short for me, the tailoring or the body. Something just never felt right with that one. Endor Luke isn't bad actually because the poncho covers up all of those Jedi issues.

Don't worry, these two will have problems for you too. You'll see...

I like the HT farmboy head with the Sideshow (red Five) Luke hair. Seems to improve the likeness and that HT hair with the metallic copper helmet always looked weird anyway. The HT farmboy outfit is prety weak - the looser and longer fit Hasbro tunic improves the fig nicely.

My HT Jedi Luke never seemed to have the body issues people mentioned, I was pretty happy with it from day one, though there seemed to be a batch change on that figure (the white rectangle on chest flap was sharper on the V.2 and the overall fit slightly snugger.)

Don't worry, these two will have problems for you too. You'll see...
Well the Snowspeeder has that god awful base. I'd rather have the Snowtrooper base. At least that would make it consistent. Bespin has its problems too but for me the clothes inaccuracies don't seem as bad as the fit of the Jedi Luke clothes. I'm sure I'll find more to complain about when they're released.

Well the Snowspeeder has that god awful base. I'd rather have the Snowtrooper base. At least that would make it consistent. Bespin has its problems too but for me the clothes inaccuracies don't seem as bad as the fit of the Jedi Luke clothes. I'm sure I'll find more to complain about when they're released.

I don't think it's the same as the flimsy Jaw base topper though.

Hopefully HT consigned those to the file marked, 'Bad Ideas Never To Be Repeated'. :pray:

It appears more like the separate snowdrift that was originally displayed:

HT Luke Snowspeeder base.jpg

fq7milywqamlzad-jpg.573298

If not, I've been rotating Hoth figures through Sideshow's Luke and Han bases with the the snowdrift add ons, and left one free for HT Snowspeeder Luke, after moving Sideshow's version to another shelf.

They're less snowy overall than Hot Toys'.

51420079605_65239edcc1_o.jpg

EDIT:

I just looked at the Jawa topper, and the sculpting is suspiciously similar to the Snowspeeder base. :panic: :yuck

The ANH Luke has to be one of the worst sculpts they’ve produced. The prototype looked nothing like MH but at least it looked good as a sculpt, but that production sculpt is something I don’t even have words for.

I just looked at the Jawa topper, and the sculpting is suspiciously similar to the Snowspeeder base. :panic: :yuck
The Jawa base was just a vac-form taken of the combo of the snow/sand-drift base + hex display stand used on a couple of HT's ST figs (Rey w/BB-8, Han/Chewy.)

So it's possible the Luke Snowspeeder is just a straight re-release of that sculpted snow/sand drift base part except with a plastic topper card (with snow artwork) to go on top of the hex base.

More likely the actual sculpted part seen on the proto Luke fig is a leftover TFA fig part and the actual Luke fig will come with a snow-deco version of the Jawa base.

The Jawa base was just a vac-form taken of the combo of the snow/sand-drift base + hex display stand used on a couple of HT's ST figs (Rey w/BB-8, Han/Chewy.)

So it's possible the Luke Snowspeeder is just a straight re-release of that sculpted snow/sand drift base part except with a plastic topper card (with snow artwork) to go on top of the hex base.

More likely the actual sculpted part seen on the proto Luke fig is a leftover TFA fig part and the actual Luke fig will come with a snow-deco version of the Jawa base.

giphy.gif

:lol

I was able to get a snow stand from the SS Hoth figures to use for this figure. I'm thinking the actual plastic snow attachment that came with the TFA Han/Chewie pack is the more likely scenario though after the Jawa backlash.

I agree that Luke seems to be pin headed in that picture.

That I believe is consequence of two issues: the snowspeeder clothes are bulkier, and then, Hot Toys is making their figures taller recently. Luke does not profit from this.

I like the Hoth clothes to be bulkier, they need to be. But Luke cannot be as tall as ANH Han Solo... looks like we will have to work on the leg pegs.

I can't wait for this luke figure. My first luke. Looks great. Almost "armored" luke. Helmet will always be on for this figure. Body doesn't seem as poseable as the newer bodies (?) they seem to be using for the new Mando and bespin Luke's. Those look like they can pull of seriously cool action poses

Back