Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoth Luke on a Tauntaun. Come on HT, you like money don't you?
Yeah they do a Bluuuuurrrrgggg but not a Tauntaun? What’s all that about? I guess SS did one not that long ago? Or was it a statue?

I’ve got a Hasbro tauntaun with a broken leg so HT just do a Hoth Luke and Han and I will do the rest.

Yeah they do a Bluuuuurrrrgggg but not a Tauntaun? What’s all that about? I guess SS did one not that long ago? Or was it a statue?

I’ve got a Hasbro tauntaun with a broken leg so HT just do a Hoth Luke and Han and I will do the rest.
it was a statue with a switchout head if I remember. About 10 years ago. Sideshow did a brief run of diorama sets but I think the tauntaun was one of the last, it may have had a lukewarm reception at the time but I think its quite well liked now.

It’s been almost a decade, though it doesn’t feel like it - 2013. Time really flies.

It was a 1/6 scale statue with an interchangeable head to represent Han or Luke versions.

I wouldn’t mind if Hot Toys did a lighter weight plastic Tauntaun with a Hoth Luke and Han. Maybe ESB 50th.

If they keep doing creatures, a Dewback would be great, along with the mythical Sandtrooper Sergeant that vanished.

It’s been almost a decade, though it doesn’t feel like it - 2013. Time really flies.

It was a 1/6 scale statue with an interchangeable head to represent Han or Luke versions.

I wouldn’t mind if Hot Toys did a lighter weight plastic Tauntaun with a Hoth Luke and Han. Maybe ESB 50th.

If they keep doing creatures, a Dewback would be great, along with the mythical Sandtrooper Sergeant that vanished.
Yup, I passed on the SSC Taun and never regretted it. Weighed a ton, looked wonky (both heads have quite strange expressions, and its got inaccurate t-rex feet) and was a statue with sculpted fur - and pretty meh fur sculpting at that - which to me just didn't work with cloth-outfit articulated figs.

Something about the SSC Taun fur sculpt and paint app that always looked to me like it was made of concrete with white stucco blown over it.

The sculpted SSC Dewback - as screen inaccurate as it was too in so many ways - worked better to me because it was a lizard with scaly skin (tiny amount of sculpted fur.) Even no articulation was sort of okay because the Dewback in ANH was just an immobile prop. Happy I passed on the SSC Dewback as well.

A HT furred Tauntaun done like a bigger version of HT Chewy or Wicket, even if it only had limited articulation (ie just head/neck and arms/tail) would be sooo awesome. Because of the fur, the Taun would be the best candidate for a large articulated creature from HT, more than a "bendy" articulated 1/6 Jabba (the skin of which would deteriorate after a few years.)

Last edited:
it was a statue with a switchout head if I remember. About 10 years ago. Sideshow did a brief run of diorama sets but I think the tauntaun was one of the last, it may have had a lukewarm reception at the time but I think its quite well liked now.
What’s the body temperature of a dead TaunTaun?
Lukewarm…..

I still remember playing with the dead tauntaun toy :) I would be cool if someone did that even. Toys were different back then.

I still remember playing with the dead tauntaun toy :) I would be cool if someone did that even. Toys were different back then.
I so wanted this when I was a kid

Looks more than a little creepy now lol
00F6B27A-2A82-44EA-A822-F9BEB841DFF1.jpeg

Yup, I passed on the SSC Taun and never regretted it. Weighed a ton, looked wonky (both heads have quite strange expressions, and its got inaccurate t-rex feet) and was a statue with sculpted fur - and pretty meh fur sculpting at that - which to me just didn't work with cloth-outfit articulated figs.

Something about the SSC Taun fur sculpt and paint app that always looked to me like it was made of concrete with white stucco blown over it.

The sculpted SSC Dewback - as screen inaccurate as it was too in so many ways - worked better to me because it was a lizard with scaly skin tiny amount of sculpted fur.) Even no articulation was sort of okay because the Dewback in ANH was just an immobile prop. Happy I passed on the SSC Dewback as well.

A HT furred Tauntaun done like a bigger version of HT Chewy or Wicket, even if it only had limited articulation (ie just head/neck and arms/tail) would be sooo awesome. Because of the fur, the Taun would be the best candidate for a large articulated creature from HT, more than a "bendy" articulated 1/6 Jabba (the skin of which would deteriorate after a few years.)

I agree. At the time I didn't really feel like mixing a statue with figures. The weight of the statues was one of my biggest concerns, as well as the massive bases and footprints required for them.

I had some Sideshow statues at the time, and they were mostly great but not without some issues. And it's always a bit harder dealing with QC issues on statues than figures that can be disassembled.

Plus Sideshow's pleather has been less durable for me personally than Hot Toys, which the creatures incorporated. I have seen reports of parts like the saddle flaking.

I would definitely like to see these creatures made again, but hopefully in a different format and more as actual figures than statues.

While its nice, Its about $300 over what I would pay. What was the 1st version throne and figure? 320 maybe?
Yeah and they jacked the price by a further $50 on the newest PO cycle, from an already high $800 up to $850. The mightyjabba site guy did point out that at the time of the first Jabba, SSC figs were $60-80 and now they are in the $240 range, so $800 vs $320 isn't as crazy as it initially seems.

I managed to get one for $650 shipped during a sale which I thought was still kinda silly-high, but I will say it was the most magic 1/6 box opening expereinces I've ever had.

The arms sort of ruined the look for me - the reason I made some custom arms and tongue which fixed it - but the rest is just superb. Oh, except the sneeze-and-you-break-him Salacious Crumb. :lol

Last edited:
Back