Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, this fig was the last paid-in-full PO I will do. These timelines have blown out too far to take that risk. For the Biker + speeder bike I just did a down payment.

Same for me. I certainly wouldn't want to risk paying a PO in full for a figure 2 years out.
I don't even want to put NRDs down anymore.

Don't forget they are also sprinkling reissues in there too.

Indeed. I get reissues and repaints are easy earners for them but it still takes up production resources. With the large backlog, easy money or not, seems like a bad idea to me long term.

Jumping in with a little frustration myself, but if these are "releasing this summer" then as someone who orders from US vendors I'll get these in December... Or later
These "upcoming release" photos used to be figures that were being released within the next month. I would assume they will be released in HK by the end of May (meaning they will hit US distributors in June/July.)

These "upcoming release" photos used to be figures that were being released within the next month. I would assume they will be released in HK by the end of May (meaning they will hit US distributors in June/July.)
If they stick to their 1-per-week release schedule they've been on for a month now, the eleven remaining releases would take them through the first week of July just in Hong Kong.

I wonder how many times Hot Toys is going to re-issue TDK Batman and Tumbler?
Kinda takes the urgency and "limited" factor out of the hobby :(

I can see if they made vast improvements that constitute a real 2.0 release... like a TDK Joker with rooted hair and a dead-on Heath Ledger face sculpt... kind of annoying IMO.

Didn't mean to derail... Snowspeeder Luke looks awesome to me!

Previously, these "coming soon" photos were always of actual production figures, hence the boxes on display behind them.
Is that confirmed? I'm sure its easier and quicker to get some boxes ready than the actual figure.

They've got the box for the highly anticipated Gilgamesh on display at Secret Base already.

If they stick to their 1-per-week release schedule they've been on for a month now, the eleven remaining releases would take them through the first week of July just in Hong Kong.

Unfortunately I think by the time all these figures make it to Sideshow it will be September/October. Probably one last wave of figures around Christmas after that. But a lot of figures that are supposed to come out this year will get pushed to next year. It's annoying.

Is that confirmed? I'm sure its easier and quicker to get some boxes ready than the actual figure.

They've got the box for the highly anticipated Gilgamesh on display at Secret Base already.
They have always been production figures in the past. They used to release these "coming soon" images a lot more often.

Unfortunately I think by the time all these figures make it to Sideshow it will be September/October. Probably one last wave of figures around Christmas after that. But a lot of figures that are supposed to come out this year will get pushed to next year. It's annoying.
Unless something has changed, that’s unfortunately the most likely scenario, yeah. I think the last time was saw one of these “releasing soon” photos, it was months and months and months before they were all released.

Good to see this is coming soon. It's still only April so we'll probably see production shots in the next month or two. Got a spot ready for it

I agree. Doesn’t look good there at all…
Most of it comes down to really poor futzing and posing, like someone hates that figure. :LOL:

In the back of my head there's the worry that HT undersized the head to accommodate the helmet but I still think it's mostly the puffy jacket all bunched up.

OR they oversized the jacket. :panic:

Can you imagine ... they screw up this figure? I mean it's no Gilgamesh but come on ...

Back