Hot toys scarecrow & Batman begins DEMON

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Im liking this :)

Attachments

• devypcs.jpg
    devypcs.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 7
I'm wondering if the demon-batman-head could come out. Judging by the pics, it looks like integrated in the suit, like melted together.

They really had this time the chance of doing a right Bale as Bruce Wayne (suit or first night-out) or a Gordon, but no they're doing a demon batman. Totally fail.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're still producing figures from these movies, but I'm disappointed it's not Gordon. Scarecrow looks OK, but I'm pretty happy with my custom, and the fact that it looks like a sculpted mask with no Cillian Murphy sculpt makes it a pass. Not to mention without the Murphy sculpt you can't even recreate the only scene between Demon Bats and Scarecrow.

Also, considering that this will most likely be pricey and limited further confirms my decision to skip it...however, I've said such things before...:lol

I for one am happy about this. Everyone keeps saying that oh Seb's mask is better. Yes it is, but not everyone has one. I would LOVE a Seb Scarecrow mask, but from what I'm told he no longer makes them. So for those of us who don't have one. We'll just have to settle with this. So I'll be getting this if I can get my hands on it.

I hope this also means there is a chance of a Gordon, Ras, and Alfred figure in the future. Would love an Alfred so I can replace the one I have now.

It seems like Hasbro where they always talk about needing 'current entertainment' to be able to sell something to kids. Same seems to be true of adults - Scarecrow was so yesterday apparently.

Must admit though I'm not massively excited myself, its mainly the completist in me that wants this. Then again Batman isn't my main thing.

Not that Scarecrow was "yesterday" but more because many were too psyched about Keaton Batman.

I'm not stoked about Scarecrow here because the head looks like molded plastic instead of clothed HS, the price, and it being store exclusive.

But if it turns out that it'll come with more accessories than what's seen in the pic including a Cillian Murphy HS, then it would be grand :)

Scarecrow mask looks great from what I can see. I don't see the problem with it being sculpted.

I do understand disappointment at no Keaton Bats. Folks shouldn't get their hopes up too high with Hot Toys teasers.

Interesting choices. I guess they are gonna milk this license as much as they can. Saved me some money though.

I would have bought Scarecrow on his own... but won't pay double to get a Demon Batman figure that I have no interest in.

Maybe we should start a buddy system of splitting up the sets for those who only want one of the two figures.

JUST LAME

:sleep.............

:confused:

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of interest here. I'm really psyched about Scarecrow. :rock

:exactly:

Will not buy plastic molded mask. Fabric or nothing. Just wanted that head sculpt and they couldn't do it.

Possibly apart from the head, this is the best 1/6 Scarecrow we've seen, and are likely to see. If necessary, get a custom head. Simple.

It may still come with another head. You know how complicated it would be to mass produce a fabric mask with those sort of details?

:goodpost:

Looks like it. I don't see why though.

Ummmm, because the only time we see the demon Bats is in a brief seen with the Scarecrow when the Scarecrow is wearing that outfit. :dunno

Although, I have to say this is the first time I've been aware of a bundle from Hot Toys.

Last edited:
Not that Scarecrow was "yesterday" but more because many were too psyched about Keaton Batman.

I don't know why people are expecting a Keaton Batman. Did Hot Toys even say they were going to do a Keaton Batman? I don't think I remember hearing anything about it. Just because we got a CR Superman doesn't automatically mean we'll get a Keaton Batman. Maybe I missed something.

I would have bought Scarecrow on his own... but won't pay double to get a Demon Batman figure that I have no interest in.

Maybe we should start a buddy system of splitting up the sets for those who only want one of the two figures.

You said it before me. Dang it. The photos say that the set will cost $345 USD. But here's a question. If Hot Toys is based in Hong Kong how come the price of the set is written in Japanese Yen?

...Not to mention without the Murphy sculpt you can't even recreate the only scene between Demon Bats and Scarecrow.

Hmm, do you mean Scarecrow never has the mask on when Bat's looks like that?

I do admit that I would have preferred a Keaton Batman, but I will definitely be getting this. I've wanted Scarecrow for a while now.

I wouldn't have considered a demon Batman, but I have a feeling it's gonna be pretty badass. Pretty sure I'll want to keep both. ;)

Only thing not readily available on the open market on Scarecrow is that straight jacket and head. And as others have pointed out, the head kind of sucks.

If Hot Toys is based in Hong Kong how come the price of the set is written in Japanese Yen?

Well, the teaser did say Tokyo. I'm really hoping that this set doesn't become a Japanese toy store exclusive.

Sorry, I forgot to edit out that part of your post. (I got the Joker joke. ;))

I was responding to:

Thats what I was about to ask, these are a set of 2 figures being sold togeather?

Looks like it. I don't see why though.

Ummmm, because the only time we see the demon Bats is in a brief seen with the Scarecrow when the Scarecrow is wearing that outfit. :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back