Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had problems with the shoulder satchel elastic fastener breaking? Mine came completely off when I barley pulled it. If so, what did you do to fix it?

Has anyone had problems with the shoulder satchel elastic fastener breaking? Mine came completely off when I barley pulled it. If so, what did you do to fix it?

Yep. Same thing happened to me. I haven't attempted to do anything about it yet because he went back into the box to open later for Christmas. I'm actually about to pull him out again right now and put him all together.

Mine broke at first attempted. I simply crazy glued both ends (even though it was on once side) put it aside and started with the back pack and belt. I also placed the back pouch on the side as I hated the look of the backpack resting on a pouch. After a hour I returned to the shoulder pouch and it was fine.

You're fine. No, really, your Sideshow Sandie looks fine, there, now. Who needs a Maserati when you have Volvo? I mean, they serve the same purpose.

Excellent! That's what I thought.

Same here......just AMAZING....Finally someone doing SW true justice....

I know, right? What was I thinking.

Honestly? I don't subscribe to the "newer is better" school of thought. There are a few examples where a new Hot Toys release isn't better than older or even somewhat "dated" products -- sometimes worse, sometimes merely "as good". This is not one of those examples.

I strongly recommend getting at least the one.

Well, I'll consider it then.

This was discussed a few pages back, by khaiscollectibles and a few members.

If you are an accuracy nut, then yes, you need to upgrade. HT's has the movie accurate helmet, armor and weathering. But if you just need a good representation of sandtrooper with no regards to movie accuracy the. The SS should suffice.

Hmmm, I like nut accuracy. And I also like sufficiently represented representations of figures that represent what I present in my collection.

I'm sure someone will make a smarta$$ remark or say I'm crazy but I'm overall happy with the 3 I own. The weathering is heavy handed on the Commander and Sgt., but I still think they are well done figures and the bodies on mine aren't loose. The weapons stand up quit well as far accuracy and quality to the HT offering.

True. So true.

Don't do it. You'll have an inaccurate Sandtrooper ;)

Simple answer: get the Hot Toys Sandtrooper.

That seals it. I'm definitely sure that I may not consider not getting the HT version.

Thanks guys! :rock

Attachments

• 04626.jpg
    04626.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 244
  • 211410adjusted.jpg
    211410adjusted.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 20151226_211308front.jpg
    20151226_211308front.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 242
Killer work, Brent. What type/colour paint did you use? Airbrushed? And can you tell us more about the brow trim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up my Hot Toys Sandtrooper today. Had some spare parts lying around to make a Sandtrooper Sergeant (Headsculpt is temporary).

- Helmet from Marmit
- Backpack is Hot Toys, but I used an upper box from Sideshow
- RT-97C Heavy Blaster (Sideshow)
- White Pauldron from Sideshow
- Headsculpt from Sideshow (still a work in progress)

2dbs4cn.jpg
dmr90g.jpg
aln4so.jpg
1531jlv.jpg

Love me some Dewback, Momaw! :clap

I've been in Europe the past week for the holidays and yesterday my girlfriend asked me if I missed anything from Canada.

The honest answer was not a damn thing.

Except for my Sandtrooper. :monkey3

Picked up my Hot Toys Sandtrooper today. Had some spare parts lying around to make a Sandtrooper Sergeant (Headsculpt is temporary).

- Helmet from Marmit

2dbs4cn.jpg

Very, very cool !!!:clap

Killer work, Brent. What type/colour paint did you use? Airbrushed? And can you tell us more about the brow trim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys. I shot three light coats of Gunze Mr. Color flat white followed by another of Mr. Color gloss white through an Iwata airbrush. I mixed a grey to re-spray the forward trapezoid and extend the grin (grimace?) slightly.

The brow trim had me stumped. :) I wanted it to be fully adjustable, so strip styrene wasn't really an option. Yesterday, I found something called Flexible Plastic Lacing at a Michael's crafts store which turned out to be pretty close to perfect.

Brent

- Helmet from Marmit

2dbs4cn.jpg
dmr90g.jpg
aln4so.jpg
1531jlv.jpg
Awesome TK0083. Can i ask what you used to make the backdrop. Plaster of Paris ? Or something else ? I'm considering doing something like this but I've never undertaken a job like that.

Back