Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elaborate
BackpackRight.png

Would be cool to get a set of those hands, unique to sandtroopers

This is the Mando-style Dewback, right? Pre-SE fur, but SE-influenced legs. I like it. It's a good blend of nostalgia and newness.

Fair, although the Dewback has FOUR full sized legs and not two little T-Rex arms... :ROFLMAO:

I still say $450+ for the Dewback, which is probably good for me because I don't have the space for it now anyway...
Hopefully you're wrong but the more I look at this the more I think you're not. Not only is the Dewback bigger but its saddle is larger and more elaborate to boot. I was thinking the Sandtrooper might somewhat offset the Dewback price as it doesn't require a head sculpt like Kuiil nor does it carry the Din Djarin Mando tax, but his accessories (especially if he comes with that large backpack in the pic above) may negate that. If the Ugly Flash Batfleck + Batcycle is $665 I can see this combo costing just as much. :(

When the Blurrg was announced, I was excited. I was excited for the Blurrg, but the real excitement was that a Dewback was possible...and a TaunTaun....and Jabba....and then I saw this today and I just about lost it. Hot Toys is finally doing the Dew! Also, I would hope they'll sell the Sandtrooper separately as well, but after Appo and the Heavy ..who knows. It would be dumb not to because I would grab several more. That said...if they don't, I would still probably grab several more 🤣

This poster in the theatre is one of my earliest memories. I can smell the buttered popcorn and hear the 'big kids' clowning around.

It's got a real pulp sci-fi/fantasy vibe ... honestly this could be hard to resist.

It was the very first image I ever saw of something called "Star Wars"...

Same image for me, though after the film I pondered it for years in that weird pink hue from the brochure...
7t0fzc.jpg

The original novel had a few pics...
f3c7299c54b4026c6a757e52015bdcd9.jpg

7tfgew.jpg

And...
7t0guh.jpg

Sadly never had the original toy,..
7t0giv.gif

yet it came to life again with a similar scene informed by ...
First (and only) Black Series 6" figures I've gotten:

I guess it took assembling this scene to move me.
Been anticipating similar one since 1978.
giphy.gif

Then came the behind the scenes SW celebration Mando Panel)
giphy.gif

Made composite image from the same...
EGC-KK-WoAIVkSP

Bought the 6" Dewback a few weeks ago in anticipation, picked up the Mando this morning(4orceFri) at Target.

Don't know if he'll actually get one on the show, and leave a poor disgruntled Sand-Trooper without a ride in the desert.

Still, now they are together on my shelf! Pure joy!
EGDJNrYXUAA6wPf

Pretty much my favorite thing in the universe right now...
EGDiDfmXUAELpYg

Really looking forward to this show!
Purchased and posted this wow almost 4years ago, this was before that episode aired, thought it would be a more epic scene, but at the time it was the height of my collecting joy.
If they do make this available, I will likely be revisiting it now with 1:6. Mando.
Looks and gear actually seems more like the Mando Dewback anyway.
I guess they will take turns riding.:D

Last edited:
Is this normal? "Sideshow and Hot Toys presents the Sandtrooper & Dewback Sixth Scale Figure Set."

EDIT: I guess so as the same language is on the Indiana Jones DOD figure "Sideshow and Hot Toys presents the Indiana Jones Sixth Scale Figure from the high-anticipated Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny film."

Last edited:
This is the Mando-style Dewback, right? Pre-SE fur, but SE-influenced legs. I like it. It's a good blend of nostalgia and newness.
Looks like the original (non-special edition) Dewback to me. Which makes this an even more essential pick-up.

Back