Hot Toys Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that images of the Green Lantern outfit has been released what does everyone think of it?

Green-Lantern.jpg

I really hope there is some kinda of black on the costume. If it's completely green I don't think I'm going to like it all that much. I hope it looks something like this:

greenmov4.jpg

But I do like the idea of it being like a symbiote originating from the ring. I do like that idea.

Whether or not I would get it will really depend on how much I enjoy the film.

Undecided about the look of the costume. Shall wait till see the film and see it in action!

Undecided about the look of the costume. Shall wait till see the film and see it in action!

I'm with you on this. Still not sold on the costume but I will wait to see the film before I judge.

If the entire uniform is green I'm probably not going to like it at all. I'll probably still buy it but mod it to look like the second pic in my previous post. I just don't like an all green uniform for him. It gives him too much of a Power Ranger look to it.

It entire costume isn't green. The Entertainment Weekly shot was done specifically for it. Martin Campbell admitted at Comic-Con that it was based on the final design but that the design wasn't finalized. The colors would be green and black and that the suit would look like human musculature, like a second skin, but that they heard the outcry from the fans about it and are still adjusting.

We've got a bit of a wait until we see a Hot Toys figure, the film still has a month of shooting and after that the CGI time is endless. With Iron Man 2 the Mark VI design was continually being adjusted right up to the week before release so we might have that kind of deal here as well.

It entire costume isn't green. The Entertainment Weekly shot was done specifically for it. Martin Campbell admitted at Comic-Con that it was based on the final design but that the design wasn't finalized. The colors would be green and black and that the suit would look like human musculature, like a second skin, but that they heard the outcry from the fans about it and are still adjusting.

We've got a bit of a wait until we see a Hot Toys figure, the film still has a month of shooting and after that the CGI time is endless. With Iron Man 2 the Mark VI design was continually being adjusted right up to the week before release so we might have that kind of deal here as well.

Yeah, he did confirm that there won't be white on the costume. Just green and black. But still, a "work in progress" which he mentioned multiple times. Also probably why a full on shot of Hal in costume wasn't shown in the SDCC footage. Oddly, Marvel's preview for CAPTAIN AMERICA showed Evans in costume... even though they've only been shooting for 5 days and without any costumed scenes. It was footage they shot specifically for SDCC during a costume test fitting. Pretty cool.

Anyway, I can also confirm a Hot Toys GREEN LANTERN figure (or "a few") is definitely happening. No big surprise at all, of course. But it was cool to get it "unofficially" confirmed at least.

Thank you Mike and IrishJedi for clearing it up for me. I was really worried they were gonna mess up one of my favorite heroes. I'm really looking forward to the movie. Can't wait to see the final product and the figures. My Batman and Superman need a third partner.

Also anyone have any pics of the Cap costume from the Comic Con?

Last edited:

I'd say I'm in the same boat with you. :duff

They picked up and produced the only other big DC franchise names; Batman and Superman.

Green Lantern seems to be the next biggest behind them two, it'll be marketted as the next big DC thing, so i wonder why HT didnt go for it.

Perhaps cost of doing the alien GL corps members would be too much, but youd think they could do a Hal Jordan. Hmmm

I'm sure HT is just waiting to see if GL will be a flop or not before picking up the license. Both Watchman and Spirit tanked for them so DC hasn't had a good track record for HT besides Batman. Can't say I blame them one bit.

My guess would be HT will make at least one or two figures for this license.

I hope we see none from this. Why? Because those are valuable slots for other awesome stuff . . . say . . . MGS?! Id rather not have any production be behind.

Um I'm pretty sure they have plenty of time to do Mgs but in the meantime. Get the play arts to hold you over

PFT, its more so the MGS guys come out 1st.

EIther way though GL died for me after that atrocity Blackest Night. And this movie does nothing but rape the story and turn Hal into some Van Wilder wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back